Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Post Re: Dev Questions weekly!
Tomzta09 wrote:
Bonecrusher, if you want this game to be realistic and scientific, then why don't you get them to remove sound effects?

The onboard navigational computers of all reputable star vessels are pre-programmed to produce a variety of exciting sound effects, simulating the classical space fantasy genre of ancient Earth.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:58 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

The Salty One wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:
Bonecrusher, if you want this game to be realistic and scientific, then why don't you get them to remove sound effects?

The onboard navigational computers of all reputable star vessels are pre-programmed to produce a variety of exciting sound effects, simulating the classical space fantasy genre of ancient Earth.

Pure win.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:58 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

lordjeroen wrote:
the only limit in programming is your own imagination and knowledge

... and time and effort. Everything is a trade off.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: Bonehead
Level: 2447

Tomzta09 wrote:

LMFAO

I never played with the sound turned on! No speakers connected and earphones off my head. Only time I used sound was when team was on Vent.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:20 am
Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

So would you guys want this to be an official thing? :D I can make a dev notes post for questions if you would like. :P Y'all can toss all your questions in there and we'll answer them once a week?

Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:47 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: XxFrostfangxX
Level: 3923

/like

Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:08 pm
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

bageese wrote:
So would you guys want this to be an official thing? :D I can make a dev notes post for questions if you would like. :P Y'all can toss all your questions in there and we'll answer them once a week?

Yes please. I would also like a bit more included though, like I would love to see the devs and admins introduce their self and maybe list their contributions to the game/community.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

bageese wrote:

Sounds cool. This other game i play does something similar to this. They do a few livestreams a month of several devs playing the game and answer questions from players as they play. Its gets a whole lot of people online and a whole lot of viewers. I think it would be awesome if you were to do something like that bageese, id be up for joining you kill things as you stream away.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:29 am
Support/PR Administrator

redalert150 wrote:
bageese wrote:

Sounds cool. This other game i play does something similar to this. They do a few livestreams a month of several devs playing the game and answer questions from players as they play. Its gets a whole lot of people online and a whole lot of viewers. I think it would be awesome if you were to do something like that bageese, id be up for joining you kill things as you stream away.

Considering the average skill level of the Dev Team = Suckage, we'd probably be glad for the extra help. :P We've also considered livestreaming us playing different bosses and such for the luls.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:14 am
Support/PR Administrator

Javatech wrote:
bageese wrote:

Yes please. I would also like a bit more included though, like I would love to see the devs and admins introduce their self and maybe list their contributions to the game/community.

This is actually a neat idea for blog posts in general, and it'll force the rest of the devs *cough* Jey & Jeff *cough* to use our new blog system!

Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:17 am
Main: ThisIsKalrizian
Level: 0

Dis is why I miss C1-- someone once spawned me a 600x size coin
and it was mine
:
)

plus you guys would randomly throw ubers into a galaxy and that was fun

Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:21 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Aridross
Level: 4150

Frostfang wrote:
/like

hey frosty, lazarus's teamed alt has somethin' for ya!

Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:55 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Aridross
Level: 4150

and actually, i'm now gonna be leaving my questions on Mondays, so here we go!

As Bageese has been posting on here, i'll call her to the stand!
standard Q's:
1. hours played of SS weekly?
2.what recent content have you at least influenced?
and our specific question,
3.as I've forgotten, or maybe just don't know, what is your position on the dev team, and what does that involve?
as i'm for answers, see y'all next week!

Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:00 pm
Support/PR Administrator

I'm gonna copy pasta those for the wednesday blog post! Nice questions! :D

Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:15 pm
Main: number666.5
Level: 8923

bageese wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
bageese wrote:

Considering the average skill level of the Dev Team = Suckage, we'd probably be glad for the extra help. :P We've also considered livestreaming us playing different bosses and such for the luls.

make sure you can beat the bosses, we dont want to see failures when hearing our answers!

Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:38 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next