Main: Sun Tzu
Level: 1

Post Re: Sniper Class Superitems
yclepticon wrote:
To the one player who remarked that "most super items become useless after a while," that is exactly what we are going for in many cases!

Then you should make the classes that are harder to play more viable at the lower levels where it is hard, rather than give them OP super items for low levels that become useless with leveling up.

You should ask Voomy and Jeff about what they did to sniper prior to the sniper class buff: giving sniper obviously OP items that needed moderate to drastic nerfs when they finally fixed the entire problem later when the skills were buffed.

Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:03 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

Give half (Or somewhere around there) of the bonuses of picking a class at level 1 of the skill, and cause the rest of the levels to give the rest over time. I know its not as simple as adding that, I understand that code has to be changed in order to dream of making that happen, but that's the only way you can realistically make things easier for newer players.

Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:36 pm
Main: Sun Tzu
Level: 1

MasterTrader wrote:
Give half (Or somewhere around there) of the bonuses of picking a class at level 1 of the skill, and cause the rest of the levels to give the rest over time. I know its not as simple as adding that, I understand that code has to be changed in order to dream of making that happen, but that's the only way you can realistically make things easier for newer players.

We're going off topic, but that is possible with current game material.

@Calypso

Make more Chain Lasers for sniper, possibly with an activated super mode for normal weapons.

Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:19 pm
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
MasterTrader wrote:

We are doing a little of this already. Berserker and Gunner are both getting +100% Multifire from the get go. I cold see something like Sniper Analysis going this route too although we haven't made any decisions at this point.

Calypso

Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:27 pm
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

MasterTrader wrote:

There is no additional code required to do that. We just haven't done it yet because we haven't finalized the numbers for the class rebalance. We will definitely look into this among other ideas to help make the early game playable for all eight classes. And as Calypso points out, we are already giving Gunner and Berserker MF 2 at level 1 (Berserker picks up MF 3 with 20 in Arsenal Expertise currently).

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:23 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

:D

Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:12 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Considering how much damage a sniper will be doing (dps class) I don't think a damage super item is likely to be of much practical use. Nor do I see why you'd add this after removing anal bonuses/crits from chain/splash/CC hits as if trying to partially make up for restricting snipers to single target DPS.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:20 am