Post New advanced class subskills
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/new-adva ... subskills/

Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:04 am
Team: Traders
Main: Alpha2Omega
Level: 6850

Post Re: New advanced class subskills
Sounds interesting, just don't overpower the new skills,, so u don't need to nerf them later on, or that the difference between 20 and 21 / 21 to 22 is to huge.

Great improvement, thumbs up.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:10 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

:shock:

Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:25 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: HIV Droner
Level: 3800

Gimme that now!

typical fruits

Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:29 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Curse
Level: 5572

lol you guys cant even balance the current class skills, why would you add class subskills?...

derpy is best pony

most fun to play with wings ^_^

Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:38 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

The list of new advanced subskills is fairly massive and full of all kinds of great things. Stay tuned for more updates as we tell you about them and add them on the test server for play testing.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5987

that drone charging rate being faster on engi is kinda useless. . . cuz people normally stack a few drones already charged up even if he deploy a few set of it. hope we get something like increase in Drone mastery cuz after reading it Drone mastery is a subskill and its like the core skill of every engi/DM there is. its their main damage output even tho drone mastery skill only gives 1% that is big!. well the other skills on engi is important too like 2% resists on damage control that is something at end game ships. and beam mastery as 5% well this i dont see much in here just that the range is nice.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:20 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: PlasmiteRebirth
Level: 5304

Devmins play the secret trump card, it's super effective

Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:17 am
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

riel017 wrote:
that drone charging rate being faster on engi is kinda useless. . . cuz people normally stack a few drones already charged up even if he deploy a few set of it. hope we get something like increase in Drone mastery cuz after reading it Drone mastery is a subskill and its like the core skill of every engi/DM there is. its their main damage output even tho drone mastery skill only gives 1% that is big!. well the other skills on engi is important too like 2% resists on damage control that is something at end game ships. and beam mastery as 5% well this i dont see much in here just that the range is nice.

There will be at least two other ways to improve your performance with temp drones using advanced subskills. But I can attest from my own experience DGing on Engineer that faster drone charging will be a very useful skill for those who get it. Anyone who has ever tried to solo a regen-augged Stella with Ambush Drones should know what I'm talking about.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:26 am
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

Panzer50 wrote:
lol you guys cant even balance the current class skills, why would you add class subskills?...

Why isn't this guy forum banned yet? Jeff with staff must have Zen of Calmness 101.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5987

yclepticon wrote:
There will be at least two other ways to improve your performance with temp drones using advanced subskills. But I can attest from my own experience DGing on Engineer that faster drone charging will be a very useful skill for those who get it. Anyone who has ever tried to solo a regen-augged Stella with Ambush Drones should know what I'm talking about.

i get what you mean. but like i have said you can over come that regen issue by equiping more drone slots into the drone you needed. like equip 24 ambushes and deploy 6 and scoop 6 and deploy 6 of the remaining 18 and so on. well the 10% regen is something atleast. not that im against it but it could be better if you highlighted something like 5% more drone stats.

------------> also can you enlighten me with this one:

"Second: each class now receives four new advanced subskills. You can train one advanced subskill each time you level up your main class skill past 20. So players with Berserker 21 can choose one advanced subskill, and then another one once they get Berserker 22. And yes, the main class and focus skills will now go up to 22. In addition to the four advanced subskills of your class, you will also have access to around ten subskills that are available to everyone."

so we have to level the 3 subskill into 22 which cost like 551 SP if i calculated it correctly and get nothing out of em just waste SP without any improvement till we get the one or two advance subskill? cuz "Now suppose you have a Berserker with level 21 in all the subskills" cant we just still retain the effect of subskill 21 and 22 and get the advance subskill?

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:18 pm
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3254

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
By "advanced" subskills, I understand that these new subskills will be completely separate from the normal class subskills? Otherwise, I will not sacrifice my Drone Mastery or the engi resist subskill for 10% charging.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:23 pm
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

riel017 wrote:
so we have to level the 3 subskill into 22

That's not what he's saying. It sounds like you get focus+class to 22 and then adv skill. He specifically said that the subskills will not be available at levels higher than 20.

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
By "advanced" subskills, I understand that these new subskills will be completely separate from the normal class subskills? Otherwise, I will not sacrifice my Drone Mastery or the engi resist subskill for 10% charging.

As he said, you don't have a choice on that count, but there will be other adv skills (at least 3?)

Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:23 pm
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3254

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Zekk wrote:
riel017 wrote:
so we have to level the 3 subskill into 22

That's not what he's saying. It sounds like you get focus+class to 22 and then adv skill. He specifically said that the subskills will not be available at levels higher than 20.

As he said, you don't have a choice on that count, but there will be other adv skills (at least 3?)

Then they REPLACE current subskills? What? All current subskills can be trained independently of each other. Which of these "advanced" subskills replaces which normal subskill? Do you lose all your normal subskills for only one of these "advanced" ones? There is not enough information about these new things.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:43 pm
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

Then they REPLACE current subskills? What? All current subskills can be trained independently of each other. Which of these "advanced" subskills replaces which normal subskill? Do you lose all your normal subskills for only one of these "advanced" ones? There is not enough information about these new things.

That's not at all what I said. The current subskills will be capped at level 20 with advanced subskills being the sole avenue of advancement beyond that point.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:47 pm