Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3253

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Post Re: New advanced class subskills
Zekk wrote:
thecrazygamemaster wrote:
Then they REPLACE current subskills? What? All current subskills can be trained independently of each other. Which of these "advanced" subskills replaces which normal subskill? Do you lose all your normal subskills for only one of these "advanced" ones? There is not enough information about these new things.

That's not at all what I said. The current subskills will be capped at level 20 with advanced subskills being the sole avenue of advancement beyond that point.

Ah. Makes more sense.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:57 pm
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5987

By "advanced" subskills, I understand that these new subskills will be completely separate from the normal class subskills? Otherwise, I will not sacrifice my Drone Mastery or the engi resist subskill for 10% charging.

you will have to sacrifice it. some level it seems. that is also what im on about 1% drone stat per level. 2% resist per level and 5% beam stat per level. and we will lose about 1 or 2 levels it seems

Last edited by riel017 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:10 pm

Zekk wrote:
riel017 wrote:
so we have to level the 3 subskill into 22

That's not what he's saying. It sounds like you get focus+class to 22 and then adv skill. He specifically said that the subskills will not be available at levels higher than 20.

By "advanced" subskills, I understand that these new subskills will be completely separate from the normal class subskills? Otherwise, I will not sacrifice my Drone Mastery or the engi resist subskill for 10% charging.

As he said, you don't have a choice on that count, but there will be other adv skills (at least 3?)

but what about the SP we invested on them?

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:16 pm

ahhh!!!! this is getting more and more confusing and irritating. i'll probably watch 1st till this happens.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:19 pm
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

Good feedback so far. Here are some clarifications.

1) The current three subskills of every class will stop giving a bonus past level 20. If you have level 21 in a class subskill, it will give the same bonus as level 20. If you use the Neurodoc, you can retrain them up to 20 and free up the skill points that you had used.

2) The advanced class subskills all go to level 1 only. They do not replace the current class subskills. You cannot train any of them until you have trained your level 21 class skill. Once you do, you can pick one advanced subskill to train to level 1.

3) After that, each time you level up your class skill again, you can pick another advanced subskill to train to level 1. Of course, using the Neurodoc will reset advanced class skills.

4) There are four advanced subskills for each class, plus about ten additional ones that are either Focus-locked or available to everyone.

5) These skills by design are not as simple as (+% bonus to thing your class is good at). Engineers already get a massive bonus to drone ops; our vision for these new skills was to let players extend their combat abilities in new directions rather than to simply make Engineer into Engineer+.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:35 pm
Main: Curse
Level: 5572

Scyron wrote:
Panzer50 wrote:
lol you guys cant even balance the current class skills, why would you add class subskills?...

Why isn't this guy forum banned yet? Jeff with staff must have Zen of Calmness 101.

and the handful of players left must have zen of calmness 9001

derpy is best pony

most fun to play with wings ^_^

Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:48 pm
Main: Sun Tzu
Level: 1

Off topic a bit. But when the development team tells people you're supposed to solo higher end T21 content (Stellas) with T20 equipment, I think something is amiss.

IE T21 DRONES

As for the subskills, good job. I like the idea of Engineer becoming Eng+ineer instead of Engineer+.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:10 pm

yclepticon wrote:

1) The current three subskills of every class will stop giving a bonus past level 20. If you have level 21 in a class subskill, it will give the same bonus as level 20. If you use the Neurodoc, you can retrain them up to 20 and free up the skill points that you had used.

2) The advanced class subskills all go to level 1 only. They do not replace the current class subskills. You cannot train any of them until you have trained your level 21 class skill. Once you do, you can pick one advanced subskill to train to level 1.

3) After that, each time you level up your class skill again, you can pick another advanced subskill to train to level 1. Of course, using the Neurodoc will reset advanced class skills.

4) There are four advanced subskills for each class, plus about ten additional ones that are either Focus-locked or available to everyone.

5) These skills by design are not as simple as (+% bonus to thing your class is good at). Engineers already get a massive bonus to drone ops; our vision for these new skills was to let players extend their combat abilities in new directions rather than to simply make Engineer into Engineer+.

ok this makes things more clearer thnx. so we have to reset when this comes in, -500m instantly + the creds needed again to level the skills into what you previously have till lvl20, how sad for poor people. . .

Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:51 am

Master Sun wrote:
Off topic a bit. But when the development team tells people you're supposed to solo higher end T21 content (Stellas) with T20 equipment, I think something is amiss.

IE T21 DRONES

As for the subskills, good job. I like the idea of Engineer becoming Eng+ineer instead of Engineer+.

is this sarcasm?

Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:51 am
Main: Sun Tzu
Level: 1

Not in the slightest. If it was, Vert would have deleted that portion by now.

I also want to know if there is a problem with Engineer. Yclept, would you please explain how a purely T20 Engineer using a Pax Astro (a T20 ship) can solo a Battlestation, a Hawk, a Delquad, or a Stella? Or, is the problem the fact that T21 drones simply do not exist and that is why you neglect to say Hephaestus Machine?

I would think (another) serious nerf is in order if the first is correct, or a serious increase to drone content is in order if the second is correct.
ZGMF MADE ME SAY IT!

Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:05 am
Team: Red Faction
Main: Lithium
Level: 3185

yclepticon wrote:

So class subskills 21+ will become obsolete (ie: Shield Manipulation) but class and focus skills 21+ (ie: Shield Monkey Class, Support Focus) wil be a prerequisite for advanced skills?

So will we still get bonuses from FOCUS and CLASS skills?

-Plat

Estragon: Well, shall we go?
Vladimir: Yes, let's go.
[They do not move].

Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:26 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Panzer50 wrote:
Scyron wrote:
lol you guys cant even balance the current class skills, why would you add class subskills?...

Why isn't this guy forum banned yet? Jeff with staff must have Zen of Calmness 101.

Because for once he actually stated a fact.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:10 am
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

riel017 wrote:
ok this makes things more clearer thnx. so we have to reset when this comes in, -500m instantly + the creds needed again to level the skills into what you previously have till lvl20, how sad for poor people. . .

You do not have to do any reset. You can keep your level 21 class subskills if you have enough extra skill points. I was just pointing out that using the Neurodoc would free up the ones you spent on level 21 if it's necessary.

Master Sun wrote:
I also want to know if there is a problem with Engineer. Yclept, would you please explain how a purely T20 Engineer using a Pax Astro (a T20 ship) can solo a Battlestation, a Hawk, a Delquad, or a Stella? Or, is the problem the fact that T21 drones simply do not exist and that is why you neglect to say Hephaestus Machine?

My Engineer uses a Heph Machine so this question really doesn't apply to me. Your request for T21 drones in this thread is nowhere near on topic so please let it rest or start a new thread.

Platinum wrote:
So class subskills 21+ will become obsolete (ie: Shield Manipulation) but class and focus skills 21+ (ie: Shield Monkey Class, Support Focus) wil be a prerequisite for advanced skills?

So will we still get bonuses from FOCUS and CLASS skills?

-Plat

Yes.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:31 am
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 4762

ZGMF, noone is forcing you to reset.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:42 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Comandor_J
Level: 7527

lol reading all of this made me laugh. That's cool that I have different perks to give my characters, only thing that sucks is loosing out on the tech 21 hull bonus that some combat classes give, guess more pocket universe for everyone. So this well be the first time SS well have skills that require skills that do not give any perks. I well give an example, some skill that gives a beef to something says you cannot train in this skill unless you have lvl 10 in glory. Now Glory has no perk to anything, but in this hypothetical example a useless SP sink is being used. With combat skills 21 not giving any perks, its like having used SP to train glory.

So this would be I guess the first time in game that you have to get training of no perk skills as an investment for skills that give perks but require you have a lvl in perkless skills.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:59 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next