Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

Post Re: Industrial Freighters and Team Slots
MFM has been updated to effect Industrial Freighters at 5% rather than 10%, to compensate for their large base hulls. This will still make them some of the best trade slaves out there, but it won't be such an extreme change compared to currently used trade slaves.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:08 am
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5995

yclepticon wrote:
No, we decided that Bulk and Bulk 2 were plausibly usable by new players as combat ships so they won't be included. Did you have a strong reason for changing Bulk 2 over?

not really a strong reason. but for the bulk t4 not getting industrialized that is understandable cuz it is really used by low levels as combat ships. but for bulk 2 i know low levels use em but not a combat ship, based on some people who i helped base building at low levels they use the bulk 2 as hauling ship. they are around 150-300 the level of people who try base building at cele gal, they make quite decent full t6 or mix of t6 t9 bases. . . some also tries to use it for hauling missions like bring me 500,700,1400 of these commods. . . that is understandable cuz of the inbuild and decent hull. . . well to end thing my point is bulk 1 is really combat used while bulk 2 is for hull use.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:33 am
Main: Lushan 8
Level: 2423

Are theses changes going to be live before reset? cause the team would benifact alot of people before the reset

Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:37 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Seems like the bulk 2 is on the border. I do in fact have a low level alt where this is his main ship. It seems like an easy fix if this turns out to be a real gap or barrier would be to introduce some hybridization-like item that can turn the bulk 2 into an industrial, thus giving people a choice.

Another freighter I will throw out there for consideration is the bule stealth freighter. Given its lack of in-builts which is what really makes the bulk freighter cool early on and the cost/difficulty of attaining it at lower levels, i dont think it is used much as a main ship. I'll admit I only have one of these in my trade fleet so I might not be the best expert on them, but overall it seems weak. Not much use in CG where a regular bulk is better and cheaper and its stealth capabilities are mediocre at best if your goal is to have a hidden trade fleet that can avoid both players and AI in Wild. Its still quite shiny passing by suns. Industrializing it could breathe some new life into this ship. So just a thought..

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:47 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

BST is one of the most common ships used for endgame slave swarms so I don't think it should be Industrial.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:25 am
Main: Alpha2Omega
Level: 6850

anilv wrote:
BST is one of the most common ships used for endgame slave swarms so I don't think it should be Industrial.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:55 am

BST is kinda a swarm type slaves. also bulk trader. . .

id like to point out too that the existence of academy thatches is very thin on low levels new players thats why they use bulk 2. . . most new players and low levels dont even have the building galaxy academy mapped. . . and they just fly around everywhere exploring stuffs and trying to do things. . . i remember the days of the contracosta base building was much better cuz it gives idea on new players how base works and its just in nexus they got almost immediate access to it.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:41 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

So will Slimbergs be made an industrial ship? They're pretty much tiny gelato with engines.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:34 pm

The Salty One wrote:
So will Slimbergs be made an industrial ship? They're pretty much tiny gelato with engines.

they are cap ships. . . . only freighters. . .

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:35 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Would be cool if this stuff was put in at least a week before rest for us to be ready for it :P

Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:53 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

Quote:
Would be cool if this stuff was put in at least a week before rest for us to be ready for it :P

^ ^ ^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^ ^ ^ ^

Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:28 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4883

3 things that would be really nice to get into place before uni reset if at all possible

Industrail freighter changes,
team slots,
missile changes or at least have that item that converts mirv torpedoes to mirv rockets.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:02 pm

can you guys forget that i suggested bulk 2 to be industrial. . .
i did some thinking about it. it seems that bulk should stay as it is. cuz it is used as a ship and a base building ship at low levels and they are just doing fine. . .

Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:00 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Just to clarify from the post: " Additionally, MFM will provide 5% to Industrial Freighters rather than the standard 10%."

Did this just refer to the hull space bonus? Or will industrial freighters also get less shields, speed, etc?

Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:34 am
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

Ignore me, according to the skill it shouldn't be effected.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:20 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next