Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Post Re: Easter 2014
Tomzta09 wrote:
Moonlightneo wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:
- snip

For one; Devs aren't gods, they can't see every single thing that goes on and their work is never flawless. Who said anything about gods? I suggested it all needs to be a bit better. They rely on players to test for them instead of hiring actual testers who are paid to find glitches and bugs and do their best to break a game.
Two; The SS Dev team is for the most part completely voluntary afaik, they have every right to just up and leave- or get angry -because people go off and be complete assholes. Which is where my point about full time comes in. It's not a good idea to run a game or develop a game as a part time activity. It needs your full attention if you ever want it to become something more.
Three; most game devs don't listen to suggestions at all-or worse, don't even have a suggestions forum. Be glad SS is one of few that do It might as well not have one. and kindly stfu about nerf/buffs etc, You're clearly still new here, so you will not know what unnecessary nerfs are. There's a clear difference between a nerf, and how something is/was intended to be from the beginning. It's only a nerf in your perspective and as a result you whine over it.They did not say why some tech 22 ships have been nerfed, they just did it. Again, you would not know because you do not have tech 22. I think you are confusing me with someone who was angry about the missile nerf a few weeks ago. Let me refresh your memory, when the rebalance came in, the damage on missiles was extremely overpowered, you could do 150k DPS to a fully resistant and shield augged Vazi/RPC with 1 wave of MIRV rockets. The vast majority of the game wrote to the developers that this is extremely overpowered, not just PVP, even in PVAI. Every single gunner shot down the posts and topics related to nerfing and said it was fine. Why did they say. It was fine? Because they had extreme power in their hands and they wanted to exploit it. I am not one of those players. I am a former p2p with a level 5750 character which I have not used in four months. As of now, I am a f2p with five accounts, going through all of the low level content and seeing where it can be improved. In that time, I also keep an eye open on the forums for things like nerfs and beefs. Quite recently and Johnston v2 can back me up on it, the Antu Siege Mode was nerfed. According to a friend, that inbuilt gives you -99% to speed, turning and thrust for around 30 seconds, and gives you very rapid rate of fire, on the same level as a red photon aura on a Sniper. About two months ago, the rate of fire was cut to half. Earlier this week, there is no rate of fire what so ever now. So basically it is a tweak that just stops you from moving, thrusting and turning. It doesn't give you any firing rate boosts. Now tell me that is not a stupid nerf and they are just whining. Another ship that got nerfed was the Bhisaj; which is like a Prawn for shield monkeys (without the 4th augmenter slot, it was very squishy but put out awesome HPS). I don't really remember what the inbuilt did but it allowed players to put out even more HPS than they already could, and it was nerfed. They didn't give a reason for that either, they just did it. It wasn't overpowered either, it was tech 22, the next level up. It was/still is weak in survivability. But it was still nerfed without reason. It won't be long before that t22 Reaver augmenter is nerfed too. if you want to contribute, make valid points in a suggestion. We do. devs have stated before that pretty much all suggestions are read, devs just don't have the time to respond to EVERY SINGLE POST. Instead they choose one or two out of about 10 and ignore the leftovers. In all honesty I do not believe they are all read.I find your lack of faith disturbing... Lol, Trolling aside it seems like you're just salty that your posts don't get responses or something Trolling? Lol. It's not trolling, it's the truth. I don't have faith in mot of these people at all and it's true. Most suggestions get no response. Goth suggestions right now and take a look at base logs, which is something that has been wanted for years now. Put your love for the developers aside for 5 minutes and you will see what I mean.
Four; Multi-Accounting does not justify being a douchebag, kindly stop using it as if it does, if you sub multiple accounts good for you, that doesn't make you some kind of VIP. I didn't say it did. I'm saying he, just like any higher P2P player is the customer paying. Some pay more than others, that money runs the game and keeps it going in some respect. It's as if they forget about that.
Five; if you disagree with any of these points, then try developing a game yourself whilst your players bash your 'shitty' work and tell you off. That is the way the world of business works. The first list I made is more or less what the majority of people are fed up with. You however, have proven to be in my second list, under "in denial/too stubborn".sure, keep thinking that.

edit: Continuing point three; SS is not YOUR game just because you subscribed to it. Without players, star sonata would shut down. The devs design content the way they see fit(theyre the ones making content, not you), and if something isn't meant to be a certain way but bugged and turned out stronger (or weaker) than intended Which is not the case with T22. I suggest you actually get T22 before you continue., don't complain that it was a nerf (or that it's suddenly Op). If you seriously think something NEEDS to be changed, make a non-douchebag suggestion post, I am getting really bored of your over use of the word douchebag, nobody makes douchebag posts. We all request things in a decent manner, but we still get nothing in return. Most of the time not even a simple response which would only take two minutes to compose.I use a word twice and you get 'bored' of it? Ha, that's rich. While you assume it's just that easy to respond to every single post you read- and in a way it is-, imo, not every post has to be responded to, reading it is enough, why spend time whipping up a response that only serves to reassure someone or otherwise tell them their suggestion sucks?Welcome to the real world, where some people just do not make sense. The vast majority of suggestions are well structured. However, there are one or two every month that are just stupid,they are often written by newcomers and low levels. I guarantee they'll be more likely to listen if you don't come across like a crying child that isn't getting their way. Now you are just talking crap. Your definition of whining seems to be any post which does not involve any hugs or kisses or sucking up as most would call it. I am getting tired of repeating myself so this will be the final time; players make reasonable suggestion topics all the time, including normal forum ones. They get no response. They make well structured tickets, no response for at least three weeks. There is no "crying child" involved in this. People get so bitter because they're not getting enough in response, so naturally they are going to get pissed off. Lets face it, if you are getting nothing for being nice, what is the point in being all soft and nice and sweet? Because ill guarantee you that most people will see an individual being nice and asking for something quite big, but they keep getting delayed and delayed or ignored, because they're nice and they won't start yelling. People are not going to put on a fake act, they are going to be completely honest about how they feel about this game and its management. As I said previously, Vert, Calypso and one or two others are the only ones who seem to give a damn about what goes on around here.Smh, if you ask me, anybody that spouts negative shit and yells is just going to get even more ignored. Sure you have a point, but really just how do you think anybody is going to respond if you yell a bunch of negative shit at them? If you think you can do better than they are I'd sure love to see you try.Its called frustration. Until you have actually had something happen to you, you won't really know what it's like. But it's not just on here but even in the real world, people are not going to stay cute and nice when they're getting spoon fed things to be pissed off at. Everyone has limits. The players get pushed over theirs an awful lot. I am not going to "do better", I would just quit because I would know I am in way over my head, like most of the part time developers here. They can't handle the pressure and frustration of angry customers, and are apparently blind to see why they are angry and fed up. Who the hell is going to remain nice and loving after they keep getting the same stuff different time of the year constantly by the people they are giving their money to? I cannot believe you would.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:30 am
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Fair enough, I admit I don't know much past what I've experienced first hand so I can't speak for endgame.
And my bad, I should have said Jokes aside, not Trolling, as I was referring to the quote I used as a joke.
I will not argue with your points because I feel that they do have at least a little merit to them, but taking frustration out on the devs doesn't help them. I don't know what they aim to make T22 like, especially since I'm not even at T21 yet myself, but complaining isn't likely to get a response, or if it does, it will be one like Vert's earlier post. Negativity breeds negativity, and a negative community doesn't help development- try thinking about that before you shout, yell, or otherwise complain(not directing this at you personally, but everyone as a whole).

With all that in mind I do have one thing to say, this is more aimed at the devs; when patches include nerfing or buffing aspects of the game, regardless of what they are, it would be best if you explain WHY exactly said aspects were changed. That way players can properly give feedback without getting all confused and going "wtf? Why'd this get nerfed, it's completely useless now." or "wtf, now gunner is broken!!1! Shitty devs must be smoking some serious drugs." etc. If people can expect explanations as to why things get changed, they'd be more inclined to be positive with feedback.

Just my two cents.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:02 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

Take my advice and just ignore everything Combustion says. He doesn't know what he's talking about, and he only needs something to bitch about. If it isn't Strawberry Pancakes, then it's selected random players, and if not that then it's the game staff.

Don't give his points merit. If he describes the Bhisajayu as a shield monkey's prawn, then he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. He's listening to other people's bitching, and flames himself up about it. He says you don't know, but then neither does he.

What an Easter discussion this turned into!

Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:24 am
Profile WWW
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Moonlightneo wrote:
Fair enough, I admit I don't know much past what I've experienced first hand so I can't speak for endgame. I can understand that, I'm not trying to have a fight or anything, I am just stating things.
And my bad, I should have said Jokes aside, not Trolling, as I was referring to the quote I used as a joke. I just thought you were accusing me of trolling, don't worry.
I will not argue with your points because I feel that they do have at least a little merit to them, but taking frustration out on the devs doesn't help them. Some of us would like to help them a bit, believe it or not. I went f2p for the sole purpose of giving feedback on the lower level content (when they are ready to hear it, I will tell them).I don't know what they aim to make T22 like, especially since I'm not even at T21 yet myself, but complaining isn't likely to get a response, or if it does, it will be one like Vert's earlier post. Negativity breeds negativity, and a negative community doesn't help development- try thinking about that before you shout, yell, or otherwise complain(not directing this at you personally, but everyone as a whole). Most people including myself just get too fed up, that's the thing.

With all that in mind I do have one thing to say, this is more aimed at the devs; when patches include nerfing or buffing aspects of the game, regardless of what they are, it would be best if you explain WHY exactly said aspects were changed. That way players can properly give feedback without getting all confused and going "wtf? Why'd this get nerfed, it's completely useless now." or "wtf, now gunner is broken!!1! Shitty devs must be smoking some serious drugs." etc. If people can expect explanations as to why things get changed, they'd be more inclined to be positive with feedback.

Just my two cents. Well said. :mrgreen:

Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:26 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

Look at all this buttery drama going on in this thread. So controversy. Much amaze. How drama. Many entertaining. Such colorful. Very walls of text.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:10 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Tomzta09 wrote:
I'm not trying to have a fight or anything, I am just stating things.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:18 pm
Main: AfriendlyCanadian
Level: 3626

Meanwhile.. when will the winners of the contest be announced? :P

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:20 am
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5987

experiencing drones not healing other drones that are near death and just keep on healing on slaves with half health or almost full health. healer drones are full health and elec. this happened when easter content went in also along with the buggy patch that makes that window popup when you scoop or did mission clears

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:01 pm