Post Easter 2014
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/announcements/easter-2014/

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:37 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: NukeACow
Level: 7563

Post Re: Easter 2014
bageese wrote:
The mission issue is being fixed in the Easter patch I believe. :)

Missions still broken.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:38 pm
Main: number666.5
Level: 8923

the game is broken, nothing new there

Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:26 am
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

lordjeroen wrote:

I have some news for you, it might be shocking but I am going to risk my entire developer status and my job as a developer for the sake of having this post stand here as an example of how I feel about those who I think ruin this game, and what I think is needed to make this game a better place.

I am a volunteer developer and I use my own spare time on this game to try to help out as best as I can. I have done this for well over half a year, on close to a daily basis, with several hours of work most days. I try to put on a smile and do my best to help out this game to become better. Because that is what I want. I enjoy this game, and I will do anything I can to make it better, even if it means hours of work without getting payed, so that I can enjoy an hour or two of playing the game myself and see the game become overall better.

There might be flaws in this game. Nothing is or will ever be perfect. But the only solution to this is cooperation between everyone who actually wants the best for this game.

And here is my two cents about you and your treatment of this game. If you constantly try to break down this game and make it look like shit, then you are not only bringing down your own respect from the developers, you are also taking my motivation away. Do you know why so many support staff wear out? Because their motivation is destroyed by customers that don't understand that support is about working together and cooperating, even if one has a payed job as a support staff and the other is a paying customer. Having to keep up with your posts about how everything is bugged and broken and how everything the administrators and developers do is wrong is making me think that you are the type of person that will never be pleased, and that you don't want the best for this game. If you don't want the best for this game, then I sincerely think you should go away. If not I hope you can actually see your own actions as one of the factors that actually contribute to making this game worse, which is what you always complain about.

You seem to refuse to listen to the simplest of advices from administrators, because you on a principe want to disagree with us and throw shit at us. That kind of behavior is something that makes me unmotivated to work on this game, and if it was up to me I would ban you from the game and the forums so I could get my motivation back, so I could put on a smile and help out this game to make it better.

And things take time. There are things that happens outside our control, real life issues that affect the developer team, things that you should respect. Developers are human and if something happens outside our control, like a family crisis or an unexpected occurance, then the least I expect to see is players that have understanding for this. The last thing I want to see is someone sitting around talking down about the game when the developer team faces challenges outside their control. If you can't add this dimension of human understanding to your behavior, then I gently ask you to go somewhere else, because you're not helping out, you're just causing more harm.

So here is me, a volunteer developer, being fed up with you. And it isn't even "people like you" because you are pretty much the extreme and rare example. I can take a lot, I can take several hours of my spare time that I could want to spend in game or I could want to go outside for a walk, but instead I give my best shot to help out players in this game that all seem to want the best for this game, no matter how complicated an issuse is or how bad of a day some players might have. I am not going to help people who constantly throw shit about this game for the sole reason of just throwing shit. I hope you reserve your right to go somewhere else because you don't seem to want to play this game at all or help it out, you only seem to be here to talk down about the game. Today you get no smiley face from me, you get these words, and I hope you can think through your own actions and how they harm the game the next time you sit around and post more useless posts about how the game is broken and the administrators are useless. Because you're part responsible.

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:05 am
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Nukeacow wrote:
bageese wrote:

Missions still broken.

The easter content was added in without a patch, so that is most likely why the fix for the mission popup isn't live yet :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:07 am
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

The Vert wrote:
stuff

You have my full respect for talking back, The Vert. For what it's worth, there are many players who also think some whining assholes don't add anything but a negative atmosphere, and wonder why they don't go do something else instead of bitching about how everything sucks. Only thing I disagree with is that there is more than one bitching asshole.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:51 am
Profile WWW
Main: NukeACow
Level: 7563

The Vert wrote:
Nukeacow wrote:
bageese wrote:

Missions still broken.

The easter content was added in without a patch, so that is most likely why the fix for the mission popup isn't live yet :)

Thanks. Do you think it will be in the Caly patch?

Sidenote: I hardly ever post unless I deem in entirely necessary. Forgive my persistence on this particular problem. This game has come incredibly far in the years and years I've been around and it has been a great experience to be apart of. The Dev Team has gotten better and the dev cycle has gotten much shorter with content. One thing has been pretty persistent through the years, though, and that is big bugs on patches. I know it is part of development, and with the new client complete overhaul of the game it has become much easier to fix things and get it right the first time which opens many doors. I'd love to see this game get a fully paid staff and start seeing some exponential growth.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:00 am
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3254

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Scyron wrote:
The Vert wrote:
stuff

You have my full respect for talking back, The Vert. For what it's worth, there are many players who also think some whining assholes don't add anything but a negative atmosphere, and wonder why they don't go do something else instead of bitching about how everything sucks. Only thing I disagree with is that there is more than one bitching asshole.

Hear, hear!

Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:05 pm
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

The Vert wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:

I have some news for you, it might be shocking but I am going to risk my entire developer status and my job as a developer for the sake of having this post stand here as an example of how I feel about those who I think ruin this game, and what I think is needed to make this game a better place.

I am a volunteer developer and I use my own spare time on this game to try to help out as best as I can. I have done this for well over half a year, on close to a daily basis, with several hours of work most days. I try to put on a smile and do my best to help out this game to become better. Because that is what I want. I enjoy this game, and I will do anything I can to make it better, even if it means hours of work without getting payed, so that I can enjoy an hour or two of playing the game myself and see the game become overall better.

There might be flaws in this game. Nothing is or will ever be perfect. But the only solution to this is cooperation between everyone who actually wants the best for this game.

And here is my two cents about you and your treatment of this game. If you constantly try to break down this game and make it look like shit, then you are not only bringing down your own respect from the developers, you are also taking my motivation away. Do you know why so many support staff wear out? Because their motivation is destroyed by customers that don't understand that support is about working together and cooperating, even if one has a payed job as a support staff and the other is a paying customer. Having to keep up with your posts about how everything is bugged and broken and how everything the administrators and developers do is wrong is making me think that you are the type of person that will never be pleased, and that you don't want the best for this game. If you don't want the best for this game, then I sincerely think you should go away. If not I hope you can actually see your own actions as one of the factors that actually contribute to making this game worse, which is what you always complain about.

You seem to refuse to listen to the simplest of advices from administrators, because you on a principe want to disagree with us and throw shit at us. That kind of behavior is something that makes me unmotivated to work on this game, and if it was up to me I would ban you from the game and the forums so I could get my motivation back, so I could put on a smile and help out this game to make it better.

And things take time. There are things that happens outside our control, real life issues that affect the developer team, things that you should respect. Developers are human and if something happens outside our control, like a family crisis or an unexpected occurance, then the least I expect to see is players that have understanding for this. The last thing I want to see is someone sitting around talking down about the game when the developer team faces challenges outside their control. If you can't add this dimension of human understanding to your behavior, then I gently ask you to go somewhere else, because you're not helping out, you're just causing more harm.

So here is me, a volunteer developer, being fed up with you. And it isn't even "people like you" because you are pretty much the extreme and rare example. I can take a lot, I can take several hours of my spare time that I could want to spend in game or I could want to go outside for a walk, but instead I give my best shot to help out players in this game that all seem to want the best for this game, no matter how complicated an issuse is or how bad of a day some players might have. I am not going to help people who constantly throw shit about this game for the sole reason of just throwing shit. I hope you reserve your right to go somewhere else because you don't seem to want to play this game at all or help it out, you only seem to be here to talk down about the game. Today you get no smiley face from me, you get these words, and I hope you can think through your own actions and how they harm the game the next time you sit around and post more useless posts about how the game is broken and the administrators are useless. Because you're part responsible.

If it were up to me, I'd be telling all the devs to let loose like this, if the players a bitch- Fuckin treat them like one, it's not like they ever help.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:23 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

- Run a patch whenever a certain amount of bugs are fixed.
- Acknowledge some of the suggestions which are actually popular on the forums (e.g. Base logs).
- Stop nerfing things that do not need a nerf (T22).
- Sort out waiting 3+weeks response time on tickets.
- Don't blame the players for bad attitude when they're clearly pissed off with the lack of developers giving a crap (Only yourself, Calypso and two others seem to care and bother talking to the playerbase).
- Get it through your head that running a game is not a part time job, it requires full attention.
- Read the second paragraph in the message I sent you.

If you accomplish some of those points, you will see a lot less pissed off players. But if you honestly expect the customers (the people who are giving you their money to use your product and actually keep this game running) to be happy with the same mistakes over and over and over again then you need to learn about the world of business. The only ones that are not pissed off are the ones who are one/all of the following:

- Inactive (not online enough to be frustrated at anything)
- Do not sub as many accounts (number666.5 subs over 8 accounts)
- In denial (Think the players do not have a reason to be annoyed/too stubborn to see that there is a problem)
- Trolling (being nice/taking the devs side in arguments like this one to purposely piss others off)

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:29 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

lordjeroen wrote:

I would like to note that this player does not represent RE, nor the opinions and ideas thereof.

he doesn't even play the game, and he's hardly a legitimate director.

TOPBUZZ FOR DIRECTOR!

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Tomzta09 wrote:
- Acknowledge some of the suggestions which are actually popular on the forums (e.g. Base logs).
- Don't blame the players for bad attitude when they're clearly pissed off with the lack of developers giving a crap (Only yourself, Calypso and two others seem to care and bother talking to the playerbase).
- Get it through your head that running a game is not a part time job, it requires full attention.

If you accomplish some of those points, you will see a lot less pissed off players. But if you honestly expect the customers (the people who are giving you their money to use your product and actually keep this game running) to be happy with the same mistakes over and over and over again then you need to learn about the world of business. The only ones that are not pissed off are thqe ones who are one/all of the following:

- In denial (Think the players do not have a reason to be annoyed/too stubborn to see that there is a problem)
- Trolling (being nice/taking the devs side in arguments like this one to purposely piss others off)

For one; Devs aren't gods, they can't see every single thing that goes on and their work is never flawless.
Two; The SS Dev team is for the most part completely voluntary afaik, they have every right to just up and leave- or get angry -because people go off and be complete assholes.
Three; most game devs don't listen to suggestions at all-or worse, don't even have a suggestions forum. Be glad SS is one of few that do and kindly stfu about nerf/buffs etc, if you want to contribute, make valid points in a suggestion. devs have stated before that pretty much all suggestions are read, devs just don't have the time to respond to EVERY SINGLE POST.
Four; Multi-Accounting does not justify being a douchebag, kindly stop using it as if it does, if you sub multiple accounts good for you, that doesn't make you some kind of VIP.
Five; if you disagree with any of these points, then try developing a game yourself whilst your players bash your 'shitty' work and tell you off.

edit: Continuing point three; SS is not YOUR game just because you subscribed to it. The devs design content the way they see fit(theyre the ones making content, not you), and if something isn't meant to be a certain way but bugged and turned out stronger (or weaker) than intended, don't complain that it was a nerf (or that it's suddenly Op). If you seriously think something NEEDS to be changed, make a non-douchebag suggestion post, I guarantee they'll be more likely to listen if you don't come across like a crying child that isn't getting their way.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:27 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Moonlightneo wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:

If you accomplish some of those points, you will see a lot less pissed off players. But if you honestly expect the customers (the people who are giving you their money to use your product and actually keep this game running) to be happy with the same mistakes over and over and over again then you need to learn about the world of business. The only ones that are not pissed off are thqe ones who are one/all of the following:

For one; Devs aren't gods, they can't see every single thing that goes on and their work is never flawless. Who said anything about gods? I suggested it all needs to be a bit better. They rely on players to test for them instead of hiring actual testers who are paid to find glitches and bugs and do their best to break a game.
Two; The SS Dev team is for the most part completely voluntary afaik, they have every right to just up and leave- or get angry -because people go off and be complete assholes. Which is where my point about full time comes in. It's not a good idea to run a game or develop a game as a part time activity. It needs your full attention if you ever want it to become something more.
Three; most game devs don't listen to suggestions at all-or worse, don't even have a suggestions forum. Be glad SS is one of few that do It might as well not have one. and kindly stfu about nerf/buffs etc, You're clearly still new here, so you will not know what unnecessary nerfs are. if you want to contribute, make valid points in a suggestion. We do. devs have stated before that pretty much all suggestions are read, devs just don't have the time to respond to EVERY SINGLE POST. Instead they choose one or two out of about 10 and ignore the leftovers. In all honesty I do not believe they are all read.
Four; Multi-Accounting does not justify being a douchebag, kindly stop using it as if it does, if you sub multiple accounts good for you, that doesn't make you some kind of VIP. I didn't say it did. I'm saying he, just like any higher P2P player is the customer paying. Some pay more than others, that money runs the game and keeps it going in some respect. It's as if they forget about that.
Five; if you disagree with any of these points, then try developing a game yourself whilst your players bash your 'shitty' work and tell you off. That is the way the world of business works. The first list I made is more or less what the majority of people are fed up with. You however, have proven to be in my second list, under "in denial/too stubborn".

edit: Continuing point three; SS is not YOUR game just because you subscribed to it. Without players, star sonata would shut down. The devs design content the way they see fit(theyre the ones making content, not you), and if something isn't meant to be a certain way but bugged and turned out stronger (or weaker) than intended Which is not the case with T22. I suggest you actually get T22 before you continue., don't complain that it was a nerf (or that it's suddenly Op). If you seriously think something NEEDS to be changed, make a non-douchebag suggestion post, I am getting really bored of your over use of the word douchebag, nobody makes douchebag posts. We all request things in a decent manner, but we still get nothing in return. Most of the time not even a simple response which would only take two minutes to compose. I guarantee they'll be more likely to listen if you don't come across like a crying child that isn't getting their way. Now you are just talking crap. Your definition of whining seems to be any post which does not involve any hugs or kisses or sucking up as most would call it. I am getting tired of repeating myself so this will be the final time; players make reasonable suggestion topics all the time, including normal forum ones. They get no response. They make well structured tickets, no response for at least three weeks. There is no "crying child" involved in this. People get so bitter because they're not getting enough in response, so naturally they are going to get pissed off. Lets face it, if you are getting nothing for being nice, what is the point in being all soft and nice and sweet? Because ill guarantee you that most people will see an individual being nice and asking for something quite big, but they keep getting delayed and delayed or ignored, because they're nice and they won't start yelling. People are not going to put on a fake act, they are going to be completely honest about how they feel about this game and its management. As I said previously, Vert, Calypso and one or two others are the only ones who seem to give a damn about what goes on around here.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Tomzta09 wrote:
Moonlightneo wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:
- snip

For one; Devs aren't gods, they can't see every single thing that goes on and their work is never flawless. Who said anything about gods? I suggested it all needs to be a bit better. They rely on players to test for them instead of hiring actual testers who are paid to find glitches and bugs and do their best to break a game.
Two; The SS Dev team is for the most part completely voluntary afaik, they have every right to just up and leave- or get angry -because people go off and be complete assholes. Which is where my point about full time comes in. It's not a good idea to run a game or develop a game as a part time activity. It needs your full attention if you ever want it to become something more.
Three; most game devs don't listen to suggestions at all-or worse, don't even have a suggestions forum. Be glad SS is one of few that do It might as well not have one. and kindly stfu about nerf/buffs etc, You're clearly still new here, so you will not know what unnecessary nerfs are. There's a clear difference between a nerf, and how something is/was intended to be from the beginning. It's only a nerf in your perspective and as a result you whine over it.if you want to contribute, make valid points in a suggestion. We do. devs have stated before that pretty much all suggestions are read, devs just don't have the time to respond to EVERY SINGLE POST. Instead they choose one or two out of about 10 and ignore the leftovers. In all honesty I do not believe they are all read.I find your lack of faith disturbing... Lol, Trolling aside it seems like you're just salty that your posts don't get responses or something
Four; Multi-Accounting does not justify being a douchebag, kindly stop using it as if it does, if you sub multiple accounts good for you, that doesn't make you some kind of VIP. I didn't say it did. I'm saying he, just like any higher P2P player is the customer paying. Some pay more than others, that money runs the game and keeps it going in some respect. It's as if they forget about that.
Five; if you disagree with any of these points, then try developing a game yourself whilst your players bash your 'shitty' work and tell you off. That is the way the world of business works. The first list I made is more or less what the majority of people are fed up with. You however, have proven to be in my second list, under "in denial/too stubborn".sure, keep thinking that.

edit: Continuing point three; SS is not YOUR game just because you subscribed to it. Without players, star sonata would shut down. The devs design content the way they see fit(theyre the ones making content, not you), and if something isn't meant to be a certain way but bugged and turned out stronger (or weaker) than intended Which is not the case with T22. I suggest you actually get T22 before you continue., don't complain that it was a nerf (or that it's suddenly Op). If you seriously think something NEEDS to be changed, make a non-douchebag suggestion post, I am getting really bored of your over use of the word douchebag, nobody makes douchebag posts. We all request things in a decent manner, but we still get nothing in return. Most of the time not even a simple response which would only take two minutes to compose.I use a word twice and you get 'bored' of it? Ha, that's rich. While you assume it's just that easy to respond to every single post you read- and in a way it is-, imo, not every post has to be responded to, reading it is enough, why spend time whipping up a response that only serves to reassure someone or otherwise tell them their suggestion sucks? I guarantee they'll be more likely to listen if you don't come across like a crying child that isn't getting their way. Now you are just talking crap. Your definition of whining seems to be any post which does not involve any hugs or kisses or sucking up as most would call it. I am getting tired of repeating myself so this will be the final time; players make reasonable suggestion topics all the time, including normal forum ones. They get no response. They make well structured tickets, no response for at least three weeks. There is no "crying child" involved in this. People get so bitter because they're not getting enough in response, so naturally they are going to get pissed off. Lets face it, if you are getting nothing for being nice, what is the point in being all soft and nice and sweet? Because ill guarantee you that most people will see an individual being nice and asking for something quite big, but they keep getting delayed and delayed or ignored, because they're nice and they won't start yelling. People are not going to put on a fake act, they are going to be completely honest about how they feel about this game and its management. As I said previously, Vert, Calypso and one or two others are the only ones who seem to give a damn about what goes on around here.Smh, if you ask me, anybody that spouts negative shit and yells is just going to get even more ignored. Sure you have a point, but really just how do you think anybody is going to respond if you yell a bunch of negative shit at them? If you think you can do better than they are I'd sure love to see you try.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:05 pm
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

Tomzta09 wrote:
The only ones that are not pissed off are the ones who are one/all of the following:

Combustion, what have I said about trying to be humble? Come on, add "I think...." at the start of every "fact" that you have. You're always wrong, so it would make you look less stupid if you at least add "I think" or "in my opinion" to everything you say.

I for one am active, sub several account, am full aware that there are flaws to the game, and very rarely take someone's side just to piss others off. I can be annoyed with bugs or long times to reply to my tickets, but that doesn't mean I'm anywhere near pissed off with the game, or how it is managed. I'm also annoyed with some weird characteristics of my car, my appartment, my job, my girlfriend and probably even myself, but I love them all.

It's very very very very easy to point out flaws and say "fix this!". Making it happen is a different story. You will know if you ever try to run improvement initiatives at your workplace. Come back when you've succesfully done that, and let us know how it went. (In a different thread though, please.)

Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:16 am
Profile WWW