Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

Post Re: MicroPatch, April 24 2014
At low levels theres probably very little reason to not turn in missions as you complete them, however once at mid level and end game there are reasons why you might not want to turn in completed missions.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:41 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

a nice solution might be if its repeatable , dont autocomplete. I know you can distinguish from repeatable missions and chain missions in the scores already so shouldnt be too difficult.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:02 am
Profile WWW
Team: Inert witty name here
Main: Sk1rm1sh
Level: 2032

I've just experience something I wouldn't like to see repeated for a mission with valuable commods:
If you dock at a base, have two missions in completed state it won't finish either of them. But... if you complete one of those missions, the remaining one will then auto-complete itself with no user interaction.

From memory (and admittedly it's been a while since I did these) don't the story chain missions have story text on completion that will now be made inaccessible?

Please reconsider just popping up the mission completion screen on docking allowing some choice in the matter.

Last edited by Sk1rm1sh on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:49 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: FallenTemplar
Level: 9221

sabre198 wrote:
a nice solution might be if its repeatable , dont autocomplete. I know you can distinguish from repeatable missions and chain missions in the scores already so shouldnt be too difficult.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:52 am
Main: Thaj
Level: 2058

Please make this autocomplete feature switchable in settings. Make it enabled by default so you get the feature what you wanted for new players. I must say this addition is very annoying. Now i must make sure i don't have mission items onboard on mission i don't want to complete.

And regarding astral travel; What happened to the idea that it is needed for transwarping?

Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:52 pm
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

I think the idea is to refund the points now then you can re get the skill once its had its effect changed. I would guess that many low and mid level players would really like to have the 30+ skill points back as they arnt needed. Also i suspect many low/mid level players wouldnt invest as heavily in astral travel for transwarp distance purposes.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:17 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Klade
Level: 4055

Ok, working on T21 skills on one of my alts. Happen to have multiple missions open.....seriously risking a disaster with shard tokens by docking...and I was saving my get this skill to T20 for a bonus weekend.

I don't like auto complete when docking

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:53 pm
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

If you're going to implement something that forces Red and Green colors, might want to incorporate a way to turn it off for those of us who are colorblind.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:18 pm
Team: Inert witty name here
Main: Sk1rm1sh
Level: 2032

Klade wrote:
Ok, working on T21 skills on one of my alts. Happen to have multiple missions open.....seriously risking a disaster with shard tokens by docking...and I was saving my get this skill to T20 for a bonus weekend.

I don't like auto complete when docking

Make sure you have 0 or 3+ completable missions at the base open before you complete one... manualy completing one when you have 2 open forces the client to auto-complete the remaining one >.<

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:34 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Auto complete mission thing is obviously a bad idea...

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:42 am
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

If auto completing missions actually helps on the early game play for new players and improves the game for them, then why is it a bad idea? :)

If it is such a major issue with risking that missions you have in progress are auto completed at a time when you didn't want it to complete, why not just abort the mission and pick it up later? The idea of a mission is to start it with a goal of finishing the mission for the rewards it gives, isn't it? :wink:

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:50 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Could we have a pop up that asks us if we want the mission to be completed instead? Just seems like its going to cost a lot more problems and only fixing something that isnt really a big issue (how hard is it really to notice that it says mission complete when you dock at a base).

Like strontium missions, i like to keep them open until a double xp even comes up but im also constantly checking the bases to see if a new mission has showed up. So i would be screwed if i only have one of the mission complete at any particular base. Its not like i can just abort the mission in that situation.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:01 am
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

redalert150 wrote:
Could we have a pop up that asks us if we want the mission to be completed instead? Just seems like its going to cost a lot more problems and only fixing something that isnt really a big issue (how hard is it really to notice that it says mission complete when you dock at a base).

Like strontium missions, i like to keep them open until a double xp even comes up but im also constantly checking the bases to see if a new mission has showed up. So i would be screwed if i only have one of the mission complete at any particular base. Its not like i can just abort the mission in that situation.

You might not see this as a big issue, but that is because you aren't a new player in the early game :P

The smallest issue here right now is the fact that people prefer to use experience bonuses to complete missions, and yes those missions you can't abort just as easily. Such a tactic used by high end players is just a side effect, and we can't build the game around that. I'm not sure if a popup or a toggle is a good design either, we can't have popups and toggles for everything. I'm much more interested in finding out if missions that are repeatable can be left out of this, such as topbuzz mentioned :)

But it will be Calypso that makes the final call on this of course :wink:

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:11 am
Main: Thaj
Level: 2058

The Vert wrote:
If auto completing missions actually helps on the early game play for new players and improves the game for them, then why is it a bad idea? :)

If it is such a major issue with risking that missions you have in progress are auto completed at a time when you didn't want it to complete, why not just abort the mission and pick it up later? The idea of a mission is to start it with a goal of finishing the mission for the rewards it gives, isn't it? :wink:

It is regarded as comfort feature that missions can be kept open and finish whenever people want. Not when they are accidentally forced.

I challenge you to explain why do you think that something that can happen by accident is a good thing? Especially if this certain something is not wanted at all?

It's like i would tell my customer that i have developed light switch for him/her that will now autoforce lights off during the day for saving energy, because some people tend to forget to turn off the lights when they are not needed. He would ask: "Why did you do that? I hope i can choose if i want to use that feature or not." Then i would reply: "No; No you can't choose. We know what is best for you. You must adopt to this as we have decided it's good for everyone.". Needless to say... That would be the last conversation i would have with this customer.

Please consider making it switchable in setting. If this is too much then please consider confirmation dialogue for it. (Asking: Do you want to complete this mission?). Although I believe this confirmation dialogue would be quite annoying as well ...

The Vert wrote:
I'm not sure if a popup or a toggle is a good design either, we can't have popups and toggles for everything. I'm much more interested in finding out if missions that are repeatable can be left out of this, such as topbuzz mentioned

Why it is not good design to give people a choice? Because it adds complexity? You seriously think that making accidents possible in great scale is better design? Because it is simpler for everyone? Anyway; I like the idea that repeatable missions would be left out. For me that would clear the problem completely. Personally i don't mind that mission that gives 1k XP finishes by accident 1 hour before i could have gotten 2k XP out of it.. For me that is fine. Perhaps for some others it isn't ...

Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:01 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

I have no idea what missions are actually at the base without docking there, because there's no way in the missions tab of my Character to actually see where they are and there's no way I'm going to spend 10 minutes going through them all to find out.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:14 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next