Post June Suggestions Update
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/june-suggestions-update/

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:04 pm
Team: Zygort Traders
Main: Vorporal
Level: 5483

Post Re: June Suggestions Update
On the first topic....thankyou just thankyou!
I have been looking for this for ages. Rest is great too but that first one is cream.

Vorp

Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:20 am
Team: The Districs Colonies
Main: Maxine Maximus Maxwell
Level: 43

Post Re: June Suggestions Update
I think Bageese's complaints about andezrhode2a's Suggestion Posting is misplaced.

My opinion is strictly based on my reading of the "June Suggestions Update" Posting by Bageese.

I believe that andezrhose2a's Suggestion Posting was specifically about "Updating The Commodity Management Data"; which, involved both "Base Management" Gameplay Mechanics and "Slave Management" Gameplay Mechanics as a single "Commodity Management" Gameplay Mechanic System.

The "A set of improvements to Base Logs that allows Players to actually control any flow of Goods in a Station and filter where needed" Comment by andezrhode2a is vague; but, as someone who is unfamiliar with the Star Sonata Game System Mechanics and Game Coding that is privy information of the Star Sonata Game Creators, I would think that vagueness is acceptable.

Even Bageese wasn't very specific and was very vague about the Base Logs Issue with...
"we know the Logs suck"

My Questions to Bageese...

?How do the Logs suck?
?What would make the Logs un-suck?

I am 40-Something Pushing 50.

I have been a Pencil-N-Paper RPGer since 1982, having played Advanced Dungeons & Dragons RPG and Traveller RPG and Star Frontiers RPG and DC Heroes Role Playing Game and Hero System RPG; as well as, the Miniatures Wargame Systems of BattleTech: A Game Of Armored Combat 2nd Edition and Warhammer 40,000 and MageKnight and Hero Clix.

In 1992, I started doing Amateur GW-BASIC Computer Programming with an eye on Computer Gaming.

In 2004, I started playing MMOGs; specifically, RuneScape. Sometime between 2006 and 2008, I began branching out to other MMOGs.

I seriously doubt that andezrhode2a has the exposure to diverse Game System Mechanics Theory that I have; and, the chances are very good that andezrhode2a is a Teenager, or a Pre-Teen, who lacks the Communication Skill to communicate some specific thoughts & feelings & ideas.

I have seen alot of MMOG Postings with "The 'Window' Message is pathetic; because, it has useless information" Comments; which, isn't specific; and, are often occampanied with lots of Text Messaging Shorthand and/or Grammar Errors and/or Punctuation Errors included.

Based on the "June Suggestions Update" Posting, andexrhose2a's Posting may have been lengthy and disorganized.

One thing that I am frequently Guilty of with MMOG Postings is...Making Very Lengthy & Complex Postings; but, this Posting isn't about my MMOG Posting Tendacies.

I think that there are better Posting Examples in the Star Sonata Forum for the "Unrelated Content" & "Lack Of Specificity" & "Too Complex Content Text" that Bageese wants to complain about.

The "Another improvement to Base Logs that could be ideal is a Window that shows the Current Extraction Rates Of Commadities on the Base, and the Current Worker Ration Consumption" Comment is perfectly suited for the Star Sonata Creators to setup a New Base Log System.

It is also very important Gameplay Mechanic Information for Players to setup their "Commodity Control Settings" for Bases and Slaves.

I am dissing Bageese.

I just disagree with her criticism of andezrhode2a's Suggestion Posting based on what I have read on the "June Suggestion Update" Posting.

Color = #FF8000 -- Copied Quotes
Color = #0040FF -- My Own Posting Text

Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:36 pm