Post Monthly Event and E3 Recap!
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/monthly- ... -e3-recap/

Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:07 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Monthly Event and E3 Recap!
Congrats on a successful trip! I did notice one little thing that bears comment however…

Quote:
At the dinner we discussed all manner of things Star Sonata, including a new idea we had for an alternate “speed” server with open PVP, and an insanely fast experience gaining rate. This server would only be active for a month at a time, and fully wipe at the end of a month.

From December 14, 2011:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=49282&hilit=second+server&start=15

anilv wrote:
Rapidly resetting ladder server, like C2 beta was to C1. Link accounts and have some rewards for various achievements (not just power leveling). Possibly elevated leveling rate to help people get to endgame in one uni on the ladder.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:16 pm
Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

anilv wrote:
Congrats on a successful trip! I did notice one little thing that bears comment however…

Quote:
At the dinner we discussed all manner of things Star Sonata, including a new idea we had for an alternate “speed” server with open PVP, and an insanely fast experience gaining rate. This server would only be active for a month at a time, and fully wipe at the end of a month.

From December 14, 2011:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=49282&hilit=second+server&start=15

anilv wrote:
Rapidly resetting ladder server, like C2 beta was to C1. Link accounts and have some rewards for various achievements (not just power leveling). Possibly elevated leveling rate to help people get to endgame in one uni on the ladder.

Oops on the new idea. I knew I had heard this idea somewhere before that dinner meeting... XD

Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:22 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

I feel like I've seen Jeff somewhere before...

Anyway, thanks for posting this. Got me interested enough to find out what else our esteemed game owner has done, and 'lo and behold he's written something that I'm just dying to read.

http://www.importanceofphilosophy.com/

Really exciting as a Philosophy and Computer Science major. :D

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:18 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Speed server sounds extremely fun. I would play it seriously at least few times. However playerbase could be too small for 2nd server.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:00 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Antilzah wrote:
Speed server sounds extremely fun. I would play it seriously at least few times. However playerbase could be too small for 2nd server.

I agree. I don't think SS has the playerbase to support such a thing. It would just be fun for a while but eventually it would just die out, I think.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:20 pm
Main: Aeglos
Level: 2773

Antilzah wrote:

I'd agree, rather see all dev time devoted to early-mid game development and growth.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:44 pm
over 9000!

Speed server would be fine as long as it only runs 1 month out of the uni. Everyone goes inactive anyway so it would make sense to give people something else to do. :P

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:31 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

anilv wrote:
Speed server would be fine as long as it only runs 1 month out of the uni. Everyone goes inactive anyway so it would make sense to give people something else to do. :P

It should happen midway through the universe maybe?

Last edited by MasterTrader on Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:40 pm
over 9000!

Yes, midway for sure.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:10 pm
Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

Quote:
I'd agree, rather see all dev time devoted to early-mid game development and growth.

Setting up a server like this is hardly any effort from us at all, and content developers are not the same as server admins.

This would basically require Jey to set up (he could do it in probably 30 minutes or less). And then even I or any of the other QA could go onto the server panel and set all the parameters. Very simple.

The idea is to have it for one month in the middle of the universe.

That's why we like this idea so much, a small server that's up for maybe 3 months out of a year, that requires very little from us to maintain.

Of course if we want to automate rewards that will take a little bit more effort, but I don't see that as being overly needed.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:43 pm
Main: Spartan 141
Level: 3448

Just dont let the rewards fall on the wayside like emp did

Absolutely no comment.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:09 am