Team: Zygort Traders
Main: Vorporal
Level: 5483

Post Re: Jey's quickfixing session 15/07/2014
Thanks for the responce Jey!

Im looking at the solar panel change near the top of the list and im assuming its a database change which can be done by auto not just a crap ton of manual changes. Can we extend this to normal elecs as well since we are adjusting solars at the same time?

Arguments:
Same deal if you swap some to 1/1 regen/second then its still out of kilter with the main elec 1/1.2.
Furthermore since DPS and hence EPS (DPS/DPE) is rated in seconds and elec in 1.2 it makes no sense what so ever.
Shields regen in 1 second rates so why not elecs?
Makes it allot more obvious as to what can power what for how long. Newbie friendly especially which = easier intro to the game, yay.

Against:
Its "unique".....as if this is an argument but someone will mount it im sure, its not unique its just annoying.
Its not a 30 min job...I have no idea how long it would take but if its a simple adjustment to how the game interperates the balance sheet then it 'should' be a simple fix, I hope.
Everyone already works in 1.2....yups, cause the whole imperial vs decimal argument is logical as well!

Vorp

Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:05 am
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

Vorporal wrote:
Thanks for the responce Jey!

Im looking at the solar panel change near the top of the list and im assuming its a database change which can be done by auto not just a crap ton of manual changes. Can we extend this to normal elecs as well since we are adjusting solars at the same time?

Arguments:
Same deal if you swap some to 1/1 regen/second then its still out of kilter with the main elec 1/1.2.
Furthermore since DPS and hence EPS (DPS/DPE) is rated in seconds and elec in 1.2 it makes no sense what so ever.
Shields regen in 1 second rates so why not elecs?
Makes it allot more obvious as to what can power what for how long. Newbie friendly especially which = easier intro to the game, yay.

Against:
Its "unique".....as if this is an argument but someone will mount it im sure, its not unique its just annoying.
Its not a 30 min job...I have no idea how long it would take but if its a simple adjustment to how the game interperates the balance sheet then it 'should' be a simple fix, I hope.
Everyone already works in 1.2....yups, cause the whole imperial vs decimal argument is logical as well!

Vorp

Its not that im modifying the data at all. Im merely modifying the display. I dont have a quick to read list of things that are in 1.2 or 2sec, so the long part would be to find out everything that is in the wrong format xD. For the solar panels, all im doing is changing the code that generate the description from the stats to divide by 2 before displaying hence the 1 min kind of workload :P

For the traveling to unknown gal ap. Its not a change to the ap per say, just the message since right now it says (traveling to .), ill change it to "traveling unknown galaxy."

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:58 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

Ok, i can work with that ap to unknown galaxy. What i didnt want was no difference aping to a known and unknown galaxy.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:45 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: UnnamedNewbie2
Level: 4194

ok so some thinges i noticed:
1)The drop down menus have a empty unused line at the bottom that could be removed
2)When you use more elec than you can regenerate it shows as +- charging rate, the + could be removed
3)After relogging and using a bot on a ship the next ships inventory will not load correctly
4)When you have 2 windows overlapping, for example team and map windows, and you have the map in the background you still click on both windows(like APing when doube clicking something) -- same with floaties
5)The target options(when pressing x) and target information overlaps

just a few little bugs and possible improvements i noticed, thought i'll post them here

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:03 pm
Dev Team

blablabla wrote:
ok so some thinges i noticed:
1)The drop down menus have a empty unused line at the bottom that could be removed
2)When you use more elec than you can regenerate it shows as +- charging rate, the + could be removed
3)After relogging and using a bot on a ship the next ships inventory will not load correctly
4)When you have 2 windows overlapping, for example team and map windows, and you have the map in the background you still click on both windows(like APing when doube clicking something) -- same with floaties
5)The target options(when pressing x) and target information overlaps

just a few little bugs and possible improvements i noticed, thought i'll post them here

Its too late to post things for this specific session. Altho there will be another in 2 weeks where ill pick some more stuff so, stay tuned.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:10 pm
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3253

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1

Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:31 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

The 3D image of the ship details window (F10) always shows the previous ship that was piloted. Not the current.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:33 am
Dev Team

I forgot to write the result of this session yesterday, so here it is.

Client stuff will be available with the next beta update, probably by tomorrow, server stuff will be on livetest around the same time as the new beta update, and will be on live with the next full patch.

* (Done - client) lower the autopilot message a bit and fix the message when traveling to unknown galaxy.
* (Done - client) Add an x button to the radar window
* (Done - server) change solarpanel description to show per second instead of per 2sec (the 2sec is an old and unused value from before the smooth energy/s system)
* (Done - server) share a microscopic aggro toward the squad if in the same galaxy (by microscopic i mean the minimum amount of hate possible to have. The kind that would fade away over less than a minute if you do nothing with it) note this only work on incoming dmg not outgoing, so squadmate slaves / drones will help the squad underattack but wont attack first.
* (Done - server) remove fighters / missiles from the squad bar (they are just annoying really)
* (Done - client) Add a /command to change the function of h from deadman switch to a toggle for the session.
* (Done - server) ability to abandon destroyed base
* (Done - server) Fix rts control for drones (right click attack / stop etc).

will be added to next quicksection first post to be reconsidered (and probably readded to the list then).

* show*damage function are broken
* fix the scoop error message and scooping rate (its currently higher than it should be and are caused by the same thing).
* Have a look at slave with low shield drift.

Remember, quickfixing sessions arent here to fix all problems or to replace the current system in place for features / bug fixes.
Its merely a day every 2 weeks where I stop doing whatever it was I was working on and instead work on the small things player are annoyed by.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:22 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

For next week thingy, how about a separate neurodock for Zen Skills and Trade Skills. Pretty annoying having to go and get these all the way up after a neuro doc.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:54 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Ship alignments, can you fix those? Vacohar'ayu and Rajanicar'ayu ships are misaligned from the centre of the screen or target circle, like red photon carriers used to be.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:12 pm