Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4991

Post Re: Jey's quickfixing session 15/07/2014
Ability to abandon destroyed stations.
Probably too much work but when taking over an abandoned outpost or hq option to downgrade to normal station.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:45 pm
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

The Vert wrote:
• Drones have no statistic information in game apart from their weapons

PLEASE DO THIS. It would make so many DMs be able to understand whether one drone is better then another. Shields, energy, and DPS would be perfect.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

Some teams flags under owned galaxies not showing up in the galaxy map displayed

Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:53 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Dom wrote:
Some teams flags under owned galaxies not showing up in the galaxy map displayed

THIS!!

Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:54 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Vitruvius
Level: 3998

redalert150 wrote:
Dom wrote:

THIS!!

Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:25 pm
Dev Team
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

Dom wrote:

this should already be fixed in the current beta client

Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:43 pm
Team: Section-31
Main: Tongo288
Level: 1917

Sorry if some of them are just opinions but here is my 10 cents about some possible UI fixes:

The Autopilot messages at the top center of the screen could use moved down just a tad to better avoid map Floaties overlapping them.

On that note, when right clicking a worm hole to a galaxy that hasn't been explored yet, AP messages unprofessionally say "Traveling to ." instead of "Traveling to "Gate to galaxy name." or something to that effect.

When nothing is selected and you hover the mouse in the top right corner of screen, an annoying (some times quite large) empty box appears. (box is size of the last box for object selected)

Target options (pressing x) often overlap target info. (Perhaps target options could be made into a window? Or there still is some extra room on the top bar maybe?)

In the interest of consistency (If that is relevant here) i believe the Radar window may be the only window without an X button to close it.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:49 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Alpha2Omega
Level: 6850

A fix for shm slaves would be great...
my slaves still like to fly off ,,, especially with shm auras,,
they seem to desync .. or if slave shields arent 100%

Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:04 am
Main: DHM
Level: 8172

muemin wrote:
A fix for shm slaves would be great...
my slaves still like to fly off ,,, especially with shm auras,,
they seem to desync .. or if slave shields arent 100%

not just SHM, its all slaves, when they are lower on shields. i put a ticket in for that over 2 weeks ago... still not answered

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:12 pm
Team: Zygort Traders
Main: Vorporal
Level: 5483

Small annoyances =)
Ill do 2 lines and perhaps more for a pertinent example.

The Shm shield burst device from cruci regens as soon as you use it and causes the ShM to lose a large chunk of its regen during a critical time.
-> Can we make it so it only regens after the ShM's banks max for the first time after its used? Simple and makes the device work as I assume its designed to. Atm I fear to use as the drain can put me in a far worse position seconds later.

After you 'tow' all you gear vanishes..../fr fixes it but still, huh?

Might be more that 30 mins but heck. A /command that stops missiles/fighters from appearing on the squad bar?
-> Can cause horrendous spam to that bar because they appear sprinkled through the slaves and will change the position of slaves/players randomly enough to make target differentiation overly hard.

Following from that last comment: A /command that ALOWS allied slaves to appear in your squad bar like player ships do.
-> I cant begin to explain the pain of trying to select a stealth auged Bana slave going 700 and turning underneath a pile of 20 of em as a ShM in the 3 seconds before it dies because A: you cant check shield levels at a glance and B: cant select them in a reasonable way because, especially with FC slaves, they are often low vis, fast and usually stacked 4 deep on an AI. It need only happen in squad situations and toggled....please =)

Slaves damage dosent show up....not sure why. The check box in display for show slave dmg dosent seem to function.

I dont know if this was intentional or not but ANY form of grem breaks AP lock. More than once ive blinked and a ship is 20k from anywhere because it took a random energy/phys grem from something that died seconds later.
-> Can this be reverted to the AP deactivates for the duration of the grem or something of that nature.

Drones refuse to listen to some RTS controls. They will cease firing if they are forced onto an AI or often seem to override their new programming on wep selection.
-> For example AiDs will target 'heat regen' subspace AI with lasers (just fine) but when RTSed they will use LBs and regen it or will just stop shooting point blank for no reason. Sometimes they will use the correct wep but the problem persists, kudos to whoever put in that target weps choice fix its damned useful. Can this be 'hard coded' or whatever the term is so the drones CANT use weps the AI heals/100% invulnerable to?

Slaves AP will fail when pushed around. Example: when told to park on a spot and anything blows up near them they drift and will sometimes require a /resetslaves to get them to listen to anything.
-> Might they check their command every 10-15 seconds and realign as needed?

2.5D missfires. On suns/objects large and small where the AI is in open space above or below the ship the bullets will 'miss' the AI and pass through them. It seems to occur where the ship are on different Z planes to each other.
-> Most painful using 'lincin' types which seem to miss 95% of the time near suns. Shouldent be confused with ethereal effects, the bullets pass through the AI and continue on but the target is unaffected.

Sup Prot drones and missiles. This causes major pain in runs where drones will burn themselves healing swarms of missiles that get gargantuan beafs from the super prot drones +shield tweak. Given they explode 3 seconds later its not usefull. Same for fighters to a lesser degree.
-> Might we lock missile hulls from receiving that boost? It makes gunners useless even as spawn control on runs its obviously not designed to work that way.

Again perhaps more that 30 mins. Missiles that endlessly spin around a target that is inside their turn zone. It cant be good for lag issues and happens frequently on small, slow targets which can accrue a decent number of missiles.
-> Can their AI be programmed to more like a slave which will move to range and come back in or work like AP stuff and not thrust until its pointed at the target? In this case if it misses fly to 300 distance from target and return. Or you likely have a better idea im sure =)

Trade slaves usage of new AP controls. While player ships now refrain from thrusting until they align with a target AI Trade Slaves dont seem to comply. They still thrust the entire time they move which throws them around if they weigh more then 10 tons. This assumes they are stationary when they start not warping.
-> It can make a tiny journey between 2 bases 100 distance apart a 20 minute oddesy of miss and correct which is not nice....

Trade slaves now have an odd habit of shuffling forward a distance that appears dependent on weight before turning or doing anything. Happens on nearly all levi slaves, some very light (usually wing Vs) slaves will just sit there 'thinking' for a few seconds and then go which I assume is the AI route mapping.
-> Can they all just sit still for this duration? It causes chaos in my order mapping process since the slaves can move up to 800 distance before they decide to function...usually in the wrong direction =)

Squad Agro. When playing in squads where not all players are on the same team but squaded an AI attack wont agro onto other chars resulting in drones/fighters/CC not working. Rather annoying.

DG 'Team' agro. Is it possible to agro onto the whole AI team for a DG? It follows from the above post where its necessary for AI to attack before automated systems kick in.
-> Its usually no biggie since you can RTS but it can sometimes lead to the initial burst from a zerker not hitting the desired targets or drones ignoring a target for its run into range which can cause issues. Since the AI have a team anyways I figure the work would be minimized perhaps? Also solves the above issue in a major way.

TL:DR
er...that WAS the tldr

Ty Jey!
Vorp

Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:39 am
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3279

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
I've got another one: A timer in the colony window which counts down to the next tick, in real time if you please.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:52 pm
Dev Team
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

* lower the autopilot message a bit and fix the message when traveling to unknown galaxy.
* Add an x button to the radar window
* change solarpanel description to show per second instead of per 2sec (the 2sec is an old and unused value from before the smooth energy/s system)
* share a microscopic aggro toward the squad if in the same galaxy (by microscopic i mean the minimum amount of hate possible to have. The kind that would fade away over a minute if you do nothing with it).
* remove fighters / missiles from the squad bar (they are just annoying really)
* Add a /command to change the function of 'h' from deadman switch to a toggle for the session.
* ability to abandon destroyed base
* Fix rts control for drones (right click attack / stop etc).
* show*damage function are broken
* fix the scoop error message and scooping rate (its currently higher than it should be and are caused by the same thing).
* Have a look at slave with low shield drift.

Those are the things ill tackle tomorrow, sorted in order of how long i estimate it will take me to do them. I will do as many as possible but cannot guarantee ill do them all, especially those near the bottom since they are very hard to actually estimate, they could take me 30min, they could take me 5 hours, i have no way to know for sure until its done. For those i did not select but were still somewhat short. Do not worry, ill do another session in 2 weeks.

If you have any objections about the changes, voice them before tomorrow or forever remain silent !

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:57 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4991

Will the ap to unknown galaxy still be different then an explored one?

Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:16 pm
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3279

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
When you click a Userbase screen-side-floater-thing, it highlights. Click another one and the floater disappears until you re-enter the galaxy.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:21 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

would be nice if it showed in event how much you just spent to repair your ship.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 am