Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Post Re: In-game Space Point Vouchers, and we need your help!
Quote:
- UCS (Unified Credit System)

I like this.

CLXXXIII wrote:
Make a own Credit symbol like € $ would be fun i guess.

Not really practical, unless it was a symbol that already existed, but then it needs to be accessible by people (ie, they need to know how to type it).

Support

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:48 pm
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Blue Dwarf wrote:
CLXXXIII wrote:

Not really practical, unless it was a symbol that already existed, but then it needs to be accessible by people (ie, they need to know how to type it).

Make Ctrl+W type it (I really hope someone gets the reference)

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

Golfman560 wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:
CLXXXIII wrote:

Make Ctrl+W type it (I really hope someone gets the reference)

LoL, i do get that reference, what an amusing bug.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:29 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

Reading all these suggestions has been helpful!

What do you guys thing of calling them: SPEC (short for Space Point Exchange Certificate)

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:55 pm
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

SI wrote:

What do you guys thing of calling them: SPEC (short for Space Point Exchange Certificate)

STAR BUCKS OR DIE

Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:14 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

ELITE wrote:
SI wrote:

STAR BUCKS OR DIE

I'm sure you're 100% serious and all, and I hate to disappoint, but I don't think we'll be using any copyrighted or trademarked names.

We're also trying to avoid name collisions with anything similar in other games. I really liked the name SPEX but its just too similar to PLEX in Eve Online which is a very similar type of item.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

SI wrote:
ELITE wrote:
SI wrote:

STAR BUCKS OR DIE

I'm sure you're 100% serious and all, and I hate to disappoint, but I don't think we'll be using any copyrighted or trademarked names.

We're also trying to avoid name collisions with anything similar in other games. I really liked the name SPEX but its just too similar to PLEX in Eve Online which is a very similar type of item.

Yea I'm sad we have copyright infringement. I want something to do with Adum though. Or C1.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:52 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

dragg0 wrote:
Dragon points maybe?? i say this because i continuously begged for Tradable Sp in almost 3 topics, got warned, got laughed at, almost noone supported me, and now finally it is implemented.

No, actually you suggested a price controlled market for them to force people to pay your sub at your price if they intended to use the system.

Anywho, it would be best to come up with something simple. These will be marketed toward newer players (they are the ones needing subs) so it should be instantly obvious what they are for. Service Points/Tokens is the only thing I can think of that readily communicates their purpose.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:36 pm
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Dragg0n
Level: 1729

Actualy for new players SPLEX is quite good. Eve has PLEX and Rift has REX

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:40 am

ShawnMcCall wrote:
dragg0 wrote:
Dragon points maybe?? i say this because i continuously begged for Tradable Sp in almost 3 topics, got warned, got laughed at, almost noone supported me, and now finally it is implemented.

No, actually you suggested a price controlled market for them to force people to pay your sub at your price if they intended to use the system.

Anywho, it would be best to come up with something simple. These will be marketed toward newer players (they are the ones needing subs) so it should be instantly obvious what they are for. Service Points/Tokens is the only thing I can think of that readily communicates their purpose.

bla bla bla bla?
I suggested Plex... we have plex. I win.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:41 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

dragg0 wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:
dragg0 wrote:

bla bla bla bla?
I suggested Plex... we have plex. I win.

False. I made the suggestion for a way to trade subs and such years ago, so technically I win.

And if you wanna get REALLY technical, people suggested it BEFORE me so technically they win. Get off your ego train baby.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:50 am

who invited you to the party?...+ i am the only 1 that INSISTED on it so much and made 3 topics each with different ideas. Indeed i saw you doind a topic about it also. But i am strugling with the community for over 1 and a half years.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:49 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

MasterTrader wrote:
False. I made the suggestion for a way to trade subs and such years ago, so technically I win.

And if you wanna get REALLY technical, people suggested it BEFORE me so technically they win. Get off your ego train baby.

I win too. Yay

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:03 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

dragg0 wrote:
who invited you to the party?...+ i am the only 1 that INSISTED on it so much and made 3 topics each with different ideas. Indeed i saw you doind a topic about it also. But i am strugling with the community for over 1 and a half years.

I'd made topics and posts about it years ago, I talked to the admins directly about it as well.
Tomzta09 wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

I win too. Yay

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:04 am

and still all fail to come up with a name....also lets see how many SPLEX will be sold in the game

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:15 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next