Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: Calypso Update 9.8.14
blablabla wrote:
Calypso wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
...Could it be mission based so that everyone gets a token for the kill. ...

That's exactly what it is. This ensures everyone gets something for being in on a kill. He actually won't drop anything so all the drops will be handled by mission tokens.

Calypso

Could the Uber hand out the missions when you jump into the same galaxy ah he is in? That would make things a lot more convenient than having to fly to a specific location and then having to rush to the uber.

This. Please.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:10 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Blazing Fire
Level: 3754

or we could just go and find the mission and start them as soon as it's in! :)

Sometimes it takes a good fall to really know where you stand.

Rachel Addams

Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:23 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

JanStaale wrote:
or we could just go and find the mission and start them as soon as it's in! :)

Then when you call your friends and teammates to help kill it before anyone else comes, they have to spend 20-30 minutes finding and getting the mission on every alt yay!

Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:34 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

blablabla wrote:
Calypso wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
...Could it be mission based so that everyone gets a token for the kill. ...

That's exactly what it is. This ensures everyone gets something for being in on a kill. He actually won't drop anything so all the drops will be handled by mission tokens.

Calypso

Could the Uber hand out the missions when you jump into the same galaxy ah he is in? That would make things a lot more convenient than having to fly to a specific location and then having to rush to the uber.

I just flew into Mira and I got a mission pop-up. So the code is already implemented! Should definately be possible.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:54 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Seriously consider a much more severe punishment for not killing the aliens during alien invasions.

If you don't kill the aliens, they should start wreaking havoc on peasant populations and stuff.

Last edited by MasterTrader on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:45 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

MasterTrader wrote:
Seriously consider a much more severe punishment for not killing the aliens during alien invasions.

If you don't kill the aliens, they should start wreaking havoc on peasant populations and stuff.

Negative reinforcement is much weaker than positive reinforcement in influencing player behavior. Especially in a game context, punishing players collectively for failure to do something individually is a very weak way to incentivize a given action. Ultimately, if players aren't having fun they simply won't play.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:51 pm
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
blablabla wrote:

This is a very good suggestion and not something we can currently do. However, it's not that big a project to make reality so I've gone ahead and done that today -- we have a new boss action that lets them hand out a mission to all the players in the galaxy.

I'm adding a repeating phase to the boss so that every 60 seconds, if you're in the same galaxy, he'll try to give you his kill mission.

Calypso

Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:19 pm
over 9000!

Maybe being in the gal when the boss dies should also be sufficient to complete the mission. I am already foreseeing a lot of issues where players don't have aggro for whatever reason and then don't get credit for the kill.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:21 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

anilv wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

Negative reinforcement is much weaker than positive reinforcement in influencing player behavior. Especially in a game context, punishing players collectively for failure to do something individually is a very weak way to incentivize a given action. Ultimately, if players aren't having fun they simply won't play.

Taking a step back and thinking about it, I realize you're 100% right. My suggested approach was from the wrong direction.

How about completing the mission to kill this thing results in a temporary positive bonus to colony productivity and profitability on that character/account/team then? This way there is a positive incentive to kill it.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:57 am
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5980

MasterTrader wrote:
How about completing the mission to kill this thing results in a temporary positive bonus to colony productivity and profitability on that character/account/team then? This way there is a positive incentive to kill it.[/color]

like a festival for killing aliens or a holiday or party for the peasants. and workers. such has +20% more growth rate and +20% more build rate +20% faster extraction. . . that could trigger them to do it but it will only last for a day or something

Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:10 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

If they don't want to play because they suffered the consequences then let them go. You shouldn't be able to freely afk while colonies bring you an infinite source of money.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:03 am
Main: Cancelled
Level: 0

Tomzta09 wrote:
If they don't want to play because they suffered the consequences then let them go. You shouldn't be able to freely afk while colonies bring you an infinite source of money.

colonies are a different issue, though

not really sure what this has to do with farming aliens or stopping alien invasions/ or incentive to do it

however, positive gain for all parties involved stopping alien invasions is a good idea, not punishment for those who do not want to partake in it

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:01 am
over 9000!

When the alien boss dies, I think there could be a global, temporary buff to worker speed and colony suitability as the entire civilized universe is celebrating.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:04 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

anilv wrote:
When the alien boss dies, I think there could be a global, temporary buff to worker speed and colony suitability as the entire civilized universe is celebrating.

"Oh woohoo, the space heroes killed the evil alien! I'm going to work extra hard today instead of taking the day off to celebrate!"

Love it :lol:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:09 am
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5980

heylo wrote:
anilv wrote:

"Oh woohoo, the space heroes killed the evil alien! I'm going to work extra hard today instead of taking the day off to celebrate!"

Love it :lol:

it was my idea 1st!

well its like they killed the aliens! let us make em use the machines for the mean time to celebrate! they usually do manual labour :P

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:41 am