Post Calypso Update 9.8.14
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/calypso-update-9-8-14/

Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:26 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: Calypso Update 9.8.14
RNF drops 2.0 from the new ubers sounds like. Not super pumped about it.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:21 am
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5987

kinda promising and i like it :D

well the current problem in subspace is gals being empty and gals with oupost being near impossible cuz the outpost spawns insane amounts of ai like 20 of em per pop, im talking about top right petal. . . when it was 1st introduce the subspace it was so fun cuz ai here and there and it is doable. . . not like the single or double outpost nowdays and empty gals. . . and btw ai spawn by the outpost doesnt give exp it makes em not worth it. . .

i just hope that after your drop fixing on subspace they will give a lot more reasonable drop not just alien tumors and frags, those drops are always welcome cuz they are use for builds but currently they are the only drops and we got a 1:100 ratio for an actual stuff to drop. . .

the new boss is awesome, seriously epic. . . make em drop t22 boss loots and rare gears and drones too? like exclusive gear and drone something like RNF stuffs but alien which doesnt drop on t22 skills uber only to him but he also drops t22 skills uber loots more common. . .

Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:30 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Blazing Fire
Level: 3755

riel017 wrote:

well the current problem in subspace is gals being empty and gals with oupost being near impossible cuz the outpost spawns insane amounts of ai like 20 of em per pop, im talking about top right petal. . . when it was 1st introduce the subspace it was so fun cuz ai here and there and it is doable. . . not like the single or double outpost nowdays and empty gals. . . and btw ai spawn by the outpost doesnt give exp it makes em not worth it. . .

the outposts in sas are not meant to be soloed but it is possible with skill :D takes 2 or 3 to kill them but if they are left long enough they will stock up on weakened saahistha :) but I do agree they need to have chances to drop t22 loot instead of t20 :wink:

Sometimes it takes a good fall to really know where you stand.

Rachel Addams

Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:49 am
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

JanStaale wrote:
riel017 wrote:

the outposts in sas are not meant to be soloed but it is possible with skill :D takes 2 or 3 to kill them but if they are left long enough they will stock up on weakened saahistha :) but I do agree they need to have chances to drop t22 loot instead of t20 :wink:

Sometimes they launch real minibosses instead of weakened versions, along with Isvasa Sahisthas with green smoke, not sure why. Finally you're doing something with the invasions again. To encourage people to kill these more, make it so the number of alien controlled galaxies will significantly decrease the amount of profit made from colonies.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:21 pm
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: CLXXXIII
Level: 6059

I find the changes real great. I love the content in subspace and hope we will see more of this great runs in future :D

BUG:

Rahntiayu Fighter t22 selfdestroying Fighter is bugged it doesn't destroy itself in the end it just vanish.

Visphotakapad ksaravis'ayu (t22 rocket) makes such a HUGE sound bug which stops the client complete. Its not useable in the current form because it would force all people to lag out of the game that are in the same system.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:18 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Glock17
Level: 4733

I hope you do not under-estimate player strength like you did with the class re-balance. FC aura amp ramps up my snipers DPS from 100k to 500k so i hope to god this uber is actually uber and not something like the actual T22 boss as of now... This will just turn into a "rich get stronger" with no chance of other people catching up In my opinion *COUGH* RNF *COUGH*

Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:10 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I hope I won't have to make another suggestion where all I changed is the name of the uber from RNF to this new one... :roll: :P

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59536

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:51 pm
Main: Rhys
Level: 3919

ELITE wrote:
RNF drops 2.0 from the new ubers sounds like. Not super pumped about it.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:16 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

This seems very promising. Not only do we get the alien swarms back but we get more xp with them to! I hope the swarms are just how they were when they were 1st introduced. As for the roaming uber, i like the idea of a token system. Could it be mission based so that everyone gets a token for the kill. That way the whole player base will actually come together and try to kill this thing instead of 2-3 teams keeping the kills to themselves. Also would it be possible to see all the loot in event chat or somewhere, so that players not in a squad could see all the lewt.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:42 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: xXAlienXx
Level: 1322

Though i'm usally thrilled to see what new content will be introduced in the future of SS, i am a bit dissapointed about this one.

Yes, it was something that a lot of players liked in the game, but my problem is, only a limited amount of players got to, and could/can participate in it.

What i would like to see in the near or even distant future is more content that doesn't jest require a team or two to complete, but something that the whole population is informed about and can participate in with equal rewards. On no means am i saying there is somthing wrong with the current "out dps and heal more then the AI can" system because although it doesn't seem very exciting from a third person perspective, it is quite on the contrary due to the incentive of why we players do it - and even that reason differs from player to player; heck If i remember correctly, what made going to a t22 boss fun for me was the fact that you had to fight through these hords of AI while on the journy AND still had to fight a t22 boss! However lately, After you get out of the nexus, no, after you get out of the space cadet training galaxy (haven't seen the pirate side yet), everything seem to look very two dimensional.

This is probably not the best place to go on a rant so i'll make it quick,
is there any chance you could create more community based ubers?

I don't mean like ubers that can be beat at level t0-t19... well certainly not with like 20 or 40 of players in t0 or t19 gear, however there actions would not be in vain if they participate.

In the means of requiring a certain amount of players in general, only can these bossed be attemped (a dps requirement in order to start). These bosses would still keep the same out dps and hps system that has been tradition within star sonata, but also add on a third dimention that would require the participation of all players; not jest a set standard that will garentee to work if it is in place.

what if, and it's jest an example, not a suggestion by any means, while a set squad went to kill zeus, a random player is garenteed to die, no matter what that player did, with no means of telling who it would be every 2 minutes?
interesting right? well... maybe to a few.

As i said above, this uber should encorage community play, not jest a top-teams privilege. sure it would require a team or two to complete, but the point is, it should be something everyone can participate in as a community and as a participant, you and your fellow participants would be rewarded for it. As for adding a third dimention to the current system, why not make success based on the partipation and communication of whoever is there instead of a "ok we got a sniper, a ShM, a engineer, a zerker, a FC, we can out dps and heal, so now everyone hold spacebar and go AFK untill it's dead" type of deal. make the boss shoot the death-touch superwep that rotates on axis while still ingaging players.
have it spawn germ AI that if hit by one, your ship goes supercrazy for a few seconds.
have it lay healing drones. have certain requirements that must be met in order to move further.
make it worth the time that everyone puts in to complete it, and make it ingaging.

I think that's enough from me for a while, expecally since i have no knowledge on how hard, how much time would be spent in order to crate a script like that, or how much it would cost inorder to do something like that, and i'm in no position to even guess and say "it's possible, do it NOW." for all I know a better idea may be comming soon so don't worry.

If you want more examples on what i'm suggesting, play the f2p game called defiance. It recently expanded to psn and xbox live online server in the US and UK, and i play Defiance for the sole reason i suggested above.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:30 pm
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
redalert150 wrote:
...Could it be mission based so that everyone gets a token for the kill. ...

That's exactly what it is. This ensures everyone gets something for being in on a kill. He actually won't drop anything so all the drops will be handled by mission tokens.

Calypso

Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:39 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: xXAlienXx
Level: 1322

After re-reading

Quote:
In return for killing him players will receive a token that can be traded in for a substantial amount of credits and a special mystery reward.

:o :oops:

I'm so sorry for the majority of my post

Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:57 pm
Main: Hellfire
Level: 5584

here is a nice change to put in ? make the invasion time change, cause the way it is now, its ALLWAYS at the same time, i can never ever be online when it happens, ive never been able to see it

Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:17 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: UnnamedNewbie2
Level: 4194

Calypso wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
...Could it be mission based so that everyone gets a token for the kill. ...

That's exactly what it is. This ensures everyone gets something for being in on a kill. He actually won't drop anything so all the drops will be handled by mission tokens.

Calypso

Could the Uber hand out the missions when you jump into the same galaxy ah he is in? That would make things a lot more convenient than having to fly to a specific location and then having to rush to the uber.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:03 am