Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

Post Base Rebalance Update
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/announcements ... ce-update/

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:02 am
Team: The Originals
Main: bobby
Level: 1279

Post Re: Base Rebalance Update
everything is looking , nice. by the way I think the 2X stat boost is a great idea , it works for every one. people who are just starting and people who have been playing a long time. for people who just starting , there bases wont be able to be killed by the star runners ai team now. for people who been playing a long time , it means there bases wont be killed by roaming pirates/warred teams as easy. all thought I think something that needs to be looked at is rad based weapons , which are only able to be used on bases. but the problem with those is it will make it so people could use there base to cap roaming ai.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:14 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

How does the new x, y, z gear compare to stuff like the ada gear (after it is beefed by the rebalance)?

Will permanent drones be beefed to keep up with the base gear beef and the "nerf" to SM skills?

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:40 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Hm I'm worried about the range. from 5.5% range per level to 2% range per level in station mastery skill and sniper skill won't do anything (don't get me wrong, I like how class skills won't give bonuses anymore. Its a lot more fair). It all depends on that super item that boosts range you're talking about or we're gonna have to pull setups with 1-3 range augs depending on the purpose of the kit itself.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:42 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Nice. I love the fact that class skills wont effect bases anymore.

Is it 6 weeks total time to upgrade your kit from x to z or 6 weeks just for the z? Either way 6 weeks seems like a unnecessarily long time considering a uni usually last 16 weeks. I think 4 weeks or so would be better, that way if happen to start your uni a few weeks late you dont get totally screwed for most of the duration of the universe.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:54 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

so you will be taking my achilles Z gear off me which took ages to make and replacing it with a bunch of trash that takes minutes to make? Thanks!

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:14 am
Profile WWW
Main: Rhys
Level: 3919

sabre198 wrote:
so you will be taking my achilles Z gear off me which took ages to make and replacing it with a bunch of trash that takes minutes to make? Thanks!

Yeah, but who uses Ach Z anyways. Anyhow, according to the post, legacy gear will have a use in BvB and the initial few weeks for defensive purposes.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:45 am
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

Dorin Nube wrote:
How does the new x, y, z gear compare to stuff like the ada gear (after it is beefed by the rebalance)?

Y tier is comparable to legacy. Z tier is a bit better.

Will permanent drones be beefed to keep up with the base gear beef and the "nerf" to SM skills?
Permanent drones will be buffed since most of them use base gear anyway.

heylo wrote:
Hm I'm worried about the range. from 5.5% range per level to 2% range per level in station mastery skill and sniper skill won't do anything (don't get me wrong, I like how class skills won't give bonuses anymore. Its a lot more fair). It all depends on that super item that boosts range you're talking about or we're gonna have to pull setups with 1-3 range augs depending on the purpose of the kit itself.

As I wrote in the post, the Station Mastery change will be completely balanced out by increasing the corresponding base gear stats. That includes increasing the initial range on all base weapons. Also, with the new super items (if you choose to use the range version) you'll get back roughly to where Sniper bases currently are.

redalert150 wrote:
Is it 6 weeks total time to upgrade your kit from x to z or 6 weeks just for the z? Either way 6 weeks seems like a unnecessarily long time considering a uni usually last 16 weeks. I think 4 weeks or so would be better, that way if happen to start your uni a few weeks late you dont get totally screwed for most of the duration of the universe.

That's an interesting point about someone starting the universe late. But keep in mind that Y tier gear is already comparable to legacy gear, and will take about 3 weeks to build. So I don't think this is necessarily a problem.

sabre198 wrote:

We did a search and found very few instances of Achilles Z gear in the game, except for the Lasers (which there are very many of). It also cannot be considered endgame when compared to Adamantiumized or Armada gear. Nor is it particularly expensive to build. Finally, plain Achilles gear is now going to be much more competitive. In general, I gave lower tech gear a further boost to bring it closer to T20.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:27 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

What will become of the XYZ blueprints we have in storage? will they automatically converted into space oats? jkin :lol:

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:48 am
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

Markoz wrote:
What will become of the XYZ blueprints we have in storage? will they automatically converted into space oats? jkin :lol:

All XYZ blueprints (excluding the ones for Z augmenters) will be made inoperable and they will no longer drop as loot. Achilles and Andaman Laser Z will be built from a new blueprint that doesn't require the Y tier.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:51 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

yclepticon wrote:
Markoz wrote:

All XYZ blueprints (excluding the ones for Z augmenters) will be made inoperable and they will no longer drop as loot. Achilles and Andaman Laser Z will be built from a new blueprint that doesn't require the Y tier.

Woah ty for the quick reply <3

So we can still use them for the Hon and mention missions nice ty :)

I'm happy with these changes, apart from my Z gear being altered, but still should be interesting + that laser Z new approach.

Just had a thought what happens if the owner doesn't have certain t18 skills (for Achilles say), will the bp just not work then? < I'm 2 years outta date.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:53 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Oh okay, i missed that the 3 week build was comparable to legacy gear. Thats cool, however i still think 6 weeks is a really long time for anything to build. I would suggest to have it X 1 week, Y 2 week, Z 4 week. Either way im really excited for this change great job yclept!

Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:19 am
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

lol pvbing is nearly obsolete.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:33 pm
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5987

yclepticon wrote:

As I wrote in the post, the Station Mastery change will be completely balanced out by increasing the corresponding base gear stats. That includes increasing the initial range on all base weapons. Also, with the new super items (if you choose to use the range version) you'll get back roughly to where Sniper bases currently are.

ok the idea of removing class skills on bases to be balance is good. it really balances the base. and base super items are a nice touch too.
may i ask will the base automatically use em?
and when will they use em? will they use em like slaves only on 10%-20% health?
cuz they are categorized stat boost not weapons, (note: slaves uses wepz super items immediately unlike stat super items)

so base gears will be improved by factor of 2 right?

station mastery will give only 2% boost on bases and perma drones totaling at 60% increase over all at lvl 30 of the skill right?

unlike before where station mastery skill gives 5.5% per level totaling 165% boost

so before station masters has a 165% more stat edge than other bases if they are all setup the same. . . with this rebalance the edge of the station masters are only 60% if the bases are setup the same, am i right?

Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:19 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

New cheapskate base gear sounds totally useless because of effort required to build them. Sounds like only noobs will use them.

I'm also worried about range. This isn't really a beef if we are required to spend large portion of our augs on range. -_-

Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:13 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next