Level: 3306

Post Re: QA's Q&A - Suit
Ooh wow, I'm really having some trouble reading shit properly lately :P

Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:58 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Why do things like this Seem to start but never finish (or do they even start)?

Do you think the dev team would be more organised if they all worked in a SS(tm) office and you could poke them with sticks?

How much of the stuff you do *here* do you find enjoyable? Are there any sekret reasons for what you do?

Are you frustrated by "Why/what suit?" questions, and if so why not Hawaiian shirts?

Not really a question about you, but does the dev team have a centralised google doc/calendar/to do list? Because I always hear about mysterious "to-do" lists and things being lost in them >.>

Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:52 am
Site Admin / PR Admin
Team: Suits
Main: The Suit
Level: 1337

Holy crap, you guys want to know a lot about me! And I'll guarantee you, I'll answer them all honestly!

This'll be an interesting blog to type. :D

Keep 'em coming, guys! I love it!

Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:51 pm
Main: Capt Cool
Level: 0

Who was/is your char? (If you changed it till now I already know who it was but...shhh)

And why wont bananas grow on apple tree's?

Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:30 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

have you ever gone so far as to do want look more like

Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:30 pm
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3240

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Not really specifically related to you, but why has there been no curation in the Suggestions system? Also, what is being done about the "accepted" but not implemented Suggestions?

Why has there been no more discussion here:

viewtopic.php?f=107&t=59132

about the list from the Dev side of things? It is a massive list, and given that you guys are pushing for a Steam release, common sense dictates that the list be continually regarded, if not acted upon.

Finally, a question for you: What is your favorite content (zone or mission chain ish) in SS?

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:42 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
Not really specifically related to you, but why has there been no curation in the Suggestions system? Also, what is being done about the "accepted" but not implemented Suggestions?

Can you explain why the suggestions on the voting page have been sitting there for several months now? Nothing's changed; topics are still sitting at < not started > and < underway >. Others are in the top 5 and haven't ever been mentioned.

I know there's a lot of stuff on Dev's plates with the steam release coming up but I'd like an update on this :)

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:37 am
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

[quote="thecrazygamemaster]
It is a massive list, and given that you guys are pushing for a Steam release, common sense dictates that the list be continually regarded, if not acted upon.
[/quote]

It's hard to tell what common sense dictates. If someone handed me a huge list of "this is what me, my mates, and any random stranger I've come across think you should do", I'd toss it. If my boss gave me such list, or one of my major customers - I'd say "I can't work with this" and toss it.

That's probably the answer to your question why there hasn't been more discussion there. It was a nice attempt, the list turned out too huge, your random nooblet is free to add to it, it's not a good document to work with. Devs have problably seen the list, which means something was accomplished. No need to bring it up again.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:59 am
Profile WWW
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

Scyron wrote:
It's hard to tell what common sense dictates. If someone handed me a huge list of "this is what me, my mates, and any random stranger I've come across think you should do", I'd toss it. If my boss gave me such list, or one of my major customers - I'd say "I can't work with this" and toss it.

That's probably the answer to your question why there hasn't been more discussion there. It was a nice attempt, the list turned out too huge, your random nooblet is free to add to it, it's not a good document to work with. Devs have problably seen the list, which means something was accomplished. No need to bring it up again.

I think the issue people have with it is the lack of dev feedback and the lack of updates on the status of various suggestions. It's perfectly reasonable to say "nah, we're gonna veto this one", but you need to communicate that to the community. Or "We liked part of this idea and we will be incorporating it into future content" etc.

I honestly don't know what the solution is, but the dev updates / blog post things are really nice for keeping track of which devs are working on what.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:18 am
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

My impression was that the suggestions voting feature was meant to help the devs better understand what most people want (or inspires some people enough to spam multiple accounts and vote). Atm it's treated more like the suggestions forum always was; if there are other more important things on their list, they should say so!

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:58 pm
Site Admin / PR Admin
Team: Suits
Main: The Suit
Level: 1337

I'm just about done with writing it, if you want anything else answered, ask it now!

Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:30 pm
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

Are there any technical / server issues prohibiting the return of the base slots which were taken from our accounts a few years ago?

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:11 pm