Post Introducing The Junkyard
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/introduc ... -junkyard/

Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:04 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Post Re: Introducing The Junkyard
Oh my god I love the admins so much. That'll switch to adoration if the things you can acquire turn out to actually be useful.

What is up with the dev team? I feel like they're listening to what people are asking for and actively making it happen... :shock:

Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:08 pm
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

MasterTrader wrote:

What is up with the dev team? I feel like they're listening to what people are asking for and actively making it happen... :shock:

They always have, just at a different pace than the players want. No need for sardonic remarks.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:26 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

N1 :D , look forward to this :3

Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:31 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

very cool idea.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:36 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

biggee531 wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

They always have, just at a different pace than the players want. No need for sardonic remarks.

Not sardonic... there was no disapproval or scorn in that comment. I'm shocked because in the past I didn't feel that they were doing any of that. :P

Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:54 pm
Main: kwilson
Level: 5328

If at some point in the future, you make the JunkYard a place where one can dispose of unwanted ships (regardless of reward for scrapping the ship), make a Creaky's Towing Station similar to Bob's Towing station.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:02 pm
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

kwilson wrote:
If at some point in the future, you make the JunkYard a place where one can dispose of unwanted ships (regardless of reward for scrapping the ship), make a Creaky's Towing Station similar to Bob's Towing station.

I would actually like to see this. Like scrapping a ship here specifically will give you a ton of scrapnotes (As you just scrapped a giant ship)

Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

Lol. I wonder how many missiles I could get for my old lion.

Seriously though, I have to echo the sentiment that the dev team has really been outdoing itself when it comes to new content lately. Well done.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:44 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Please junkyard take all my bps!

Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:19 am
Main: Glock17
Level: 4733

All you fools are being blind sided by this idea. This is just a shortcut so the development don't have to condition through all the dg loot so you will get shit, trade it in for missiles to get the same shit back until you get a good reward. It'll just be a repetitive cycle of dging, trading in until riches appear in the vast amount of trash that is the dg loot system. This I'd time consuming not to say the least which people either don't want to spend or lack motivation to endlessly grind.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:53 am
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

stfunoob wrote:
All you fools are being blind sided by this idea. This is just a shortcut so the development don't have to condition through all the dg loot so you will get shit, trade it in for missiles to get the same shit back until you get a good reward. It'll just be a repetitive cycle of dging, trading in until riches appear in the vast amount of trash that is the dg loot system. This I'd time consuming not to say the least which people either don't want to spend or lack motivation to endlessly grind.

stfunoob i agree.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:39 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

stfunoob wrote:

They can't make the DGs drop good shit every time. And I'd rather get something useless that I can turn in, versus nothing.

At the moment, I have thousands of useless blueprints/items that no one will ever buy, and I will never use. What am I supposed to do with all of that invested time?

And DGing is meant to be an endless grind. That's part of the attraction for me, and I'm sure others. It's what you can do when you are maxed on lockouts and waiting on builds to finish. Just needs a bit of tweaking to be more "fun" imo.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:45 am
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

ELITE wrote:

And DGing is meant to be an endless grind. That's part of the attraction for me, and I'm sure others. It's what you can do when you are maxed on lockouts and waiting on builds to finish. Just needs a bit of tweaking to be more "fun" imo.

I support this! If you have nothing else to do, you can always go DGing (anyone can do it) or PvPing (anyone can do it). PvP is more thrilling and more dynamic, but comes with waaaaaay harsher consequences, so it isn't an option for most people. Good thing we have DGs you can actively farm/grind, and since you CAN grind them, then it'd be silly to always drop valuable stuff. Someone does need that aug condenser or venusian pulse gun, but the market doesn't require 100 a day. Might as well keep them on the drop tables, and have this junkyard thingie. I like it!

Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:03 am
Profile WWW
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

stfunoob wrote:

This content addition is more of a "better late than never" :) This game is in need of an item sink that works for less popular items, and this is the best solution we saw possible for sinking all the piles of unwanted items that have been collected and stored away for several years. If you have a suggestion on how to make this work in a better way, then I'm listening :)

And while DGs are outdated for the most part, and could do with some love, that is outside the scope of this project :) And if we were to fix what you call "the trash that is the dg loot system", then we would need an item sink in place either way, or eventually the DG loot system would just be outdated with time :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:10 am