Post Recent patch and bases
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/announcements ... and-bases/

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:28 am
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Post Re: Recent patch and bases
This issue extends to quite a few different bugs. If you notice anything unusual that is not related to base items being unequipped, then feel free to post them here so we don't miss anything when we're fixing the issues :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:33 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Brimstone wrote:
This also extends to some gear on our ships, and apparantly drones and slaves aren't working properly. Major fuck up in other words..

deathdevil8000 wrote:
Also healer drones arent healing....bases are eating rations but not showing in the inventory...the same when they eat rations out of your ship inventory when the base has no rations without showing a correct number

Extra 3x event coming right up :D :lol:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:34 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: swingarm
Level: 5362

ai dont have some items equipped like self destructors

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:50 am
Main: wal-e
Level: 3167

MfBGs are firing only Mag cannons.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:11 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

I'll most likely extend the Halloween event for a day or two to make up for lost time.

Support

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:33 am
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Jey is fixing this now :)

The server will be taken down within the next few minutes, and rolled back to before the patch to recover all losses. This will be a 4 hour 40 minutes rollback, which means that we are aiming to roll the server back to a point where no losses had occurred due to this issue! :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:48 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: XxFrostfangxX
Level: 3923

The Vert wrote:
Jey is fixing this now :)

The server will be taken down within the next few minutes, and rolled back to before the patch to recover all losses. This will be a 4 hour 40 minutes rollback, which means that we are aiming to roll the server back to a point where no losses had occurred due to this issue! :)

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:54 am
Team: The Originals
Main: bobby
Level: 1279

Hey guys, please don't take this the wrong way.

Maybe to stop stuff like this from happening , should start doing a normal scheduled shut down time, on alternating times and dates. To make sure stuff is working then bringing server back up, even for micro patches. I am sure most people would take the server being down for 5-10 minutes and then coming back up if nothing is wrong. If something is wrong then there is still the chance to revert back just before the patch, instead of having these rollbacks at all.

Sure people might get annoyed at server being down for 20-30 minutes but I am sure they wouldn't be as annoyed as being told "your about to lose the last 4 hours and 40 minutes of what you just did". I know this is a rare thing but it would surely be an improvement over just quick patch and everything gone bad. I am not blaming any one just simply suggesting. Most other games have a scheduled down time / maintenance time, it might be a good thing to adopt?

From how I am seeing it, this would fix/stop a lot of issues from popping up. I know the server is run on a different machine then the test and there is no way at the current time to get two identical machines. I am just stating what I would personal prefer, other people might disagree with me.

This is just a thought, from a nobody.

P.S. I am all for doing the same thing 1-2 or 4+ times like at reset , it builds patience. Also practice makes perfect. I personally got to the point where I can now put a new base down and have it running the at the point I want it in about one minute compared to the almost 10 before this universe. I am not saying you guys did anything wrong, so please don't take it that way, just simply suggesting a way that might fix problems like this.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:03 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Second update:

TSL save was corrupt at 4AM (for another unrelated reason), so we're actually rolling back to 2AM server time; to avoid item duplication and deletion issues.

Halloween will be extended by a day.

Support

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:14 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Tobal
Level: 6495

Nevermind.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:00 am