Post Star Sonata Wiki Updates.
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/star-son ... i-updates/

Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:27 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: XxFrostfangxX
Level: 3923

Post Re: Star Sonata Wiki Updates.
link fail

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:32 am
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

The link is fixed now, and egrosphere set it to show as in-game news as well :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:43 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

Yay someone using my coming soon image :D

Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:17 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

EGRO I LOVE YOU OH MY GOD YOUR MY FAVORITE DEV I CANT BELIEVE OUR SHORT INGAME CHAT WAS A CATALYST FOR THIS OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!

/me goes back to working on that calculator

Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:49 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

MasterTrader wrote:
EGRO I LOVE YOU OH MY GOD YOUR MY FAVORITE DEV I CANT BELIEVE OUR SHORT INGAME CHAT WAS A CATALYST FOR THIS OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!

'Cause everything that gets done is because of you :roll:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:44 am
Contributor

I spent at least 10 minutes making the case to egrosphere for why the Admins should support the wiki, and how it would be extremely helpful to automatically send stats with to the wiki if a player chose to do so with a particular item. We went back and forth for a few minutes, and he offered to update the ships on the wiki after talking to JeffL. He made no mention of intending to do so prior to our conversation, so don't you think it might be OK for me to say "I can't believe our short ingame chat was a catalyst for that"? Since it, you know actually was a catalyst?

Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:14 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

MasterTrader wrote:
I spent at least 10 minutes making the case to egrosphere for why the Admins should support the wiki, and how it would be extremely helpful to automatically send stats with to the wiki if a player chose to do so with a particular item. We went back and forth for a few minutes, and he offered to update the ships on the wiki after talking to JeffL. He made no mention of intending to do so prior to our conversation, so don't you think it might be OK for me to say "I can't believe our short ingame chat was a catalyst for that"? Since it, you know actually was a catalyst?

Uhmari + HPA x Churchill = MasterTrader

Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:47 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

redalert150 wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

Uhmari + HPA x Churchill = MasterTrader

Agreed.

Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:33 pm
Contributor

Didn't know I had so many detractors. The lack of reasonable and logical criticism for what I have to say tells me I am doing something right. Also your math is obviously wrong, because if it was right I would have been banned a long time ago.

:roll:

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:38 pm
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

You made the mistake of offering a reasoned debate, join the wise ones and you will never have to make such a mistake again. once you have attained this level of enlightenment then you can even take on beings who have surpassed this level of wisdom , the monosyllabic mental gymnast known only as ... KANE :o

Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
Contributor

I swear I feel like I'm entering a church for Sunday school whenever I ask a question here. "Dont question the wise ones" could replace every single non rational answer I've been given whenever I question something... At the least they could treat me as a rabbi would and actually use reason.

Anyway, again this is an amazing thing on the part of egrosphere, and I do not want to detract from his amazing work!

Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:45 pm
Team: Suits
Main: egrosphere
Level: 4

I was able to modify the program so that is could do many of the ships that were not updated before; the ships that have not been updated are probably either that their names may be spelled incorrectly on the wiki page (and were hence not detected by my program), or because I changed the statistics of some ships to what they were before. I was not able to get the program to output the weight reduction mod that exists in some ships like the Dark Freighter, so I manually added in the values that existed before (they may be wrong however.)

I also added some statistics for more fighters on the fighters page, also it is possible that some of the resistances values are wrong if the actual value is 98% or -98% due to what I believe is a rounding error, so if you find any incorrect ones, please tell me.

MasterTrader wrote:

Actually you did help inspire me to do this, as I thought that there seems to be no current ways to rapidly enter values into the wiki, I decided to make a tool myself which will help do this (only for ship statistics now, but hopefully statistics for other items in the future)

Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:09 am
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

I'm just wondering how much of a stretch it would be for your system to become something likethis? Regardless, I love that you're making this for the wiki.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:40 am
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
The Salty One wrote:
I'm just wondering how much of a stretch it would be for your system to become something likethis? Regardless, I love that you're making this for the wiki.

This is actually decently easy to do, due to the fact the SS wiki runs on MediaWiki. That has an API that allows edits of pages from external sources; the only issue is, JeffL (or the web dev) have not enabled a certain rule on the server, thus nobody can do this.

For reference, CORS needs to be enabled.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:45 am