Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

Post Re: Base slots - We need YOUR help!
sabre198 wrote:
That sounds like you are looking to nerf something tbh I'm guessing the ability to use low tech kits. But you will present it in an illusion of everyone having more slots. Something like when politicians cut income tax. Why not reveal what's on the table and get direct input?

We don't have any proposals that are fleshed out enough to be made public at this time. It would be counterproductive for me to publicize our extremely preliminary concepts as they will inevitably contain issues that everyone will immediately make a big song and dance about. For now, it's really quite simple. If you are interested in playing a role in the process of improving the base slots system in Star Sonata, I invite you to share your current base usage statistics with the dev team.

If you choose to believe that I personally take time out of my life as a volunteer dev in order to make your gaming experience more difficult, I can't really say much to change your mind. All I can do is point to the positive community response that has met most of the changes that I have been responsible for over the years.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:32 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

yclepticon wrote:
Noodles wrote:
Why are you asking questions you already know the answers to? You have access to account info and character classes. It does seem suspicious...

This level of suspicion seems to border on insanity, but ok…

You surely must realize that most of the people that play this game are Americans, and Americans tend to be extremely suspicious to the border of insanity when it comes to any authority figure... Plus people think that the reason things got nerfed in the past is because they talked to the admins about them.

You don't have to agree with me, but polls and the popularity of people who pander to that kind of thinking speak for themselves. Always keep this in mind lol.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:42 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Alpha2Omega
Level: 6850

1. How many accounts do you have?
1 p2p

2. How many Extraction Expert, Colonial Administrator, and Station Mastery characters do you have?
1EE,2CA,2StM

3. How many colonies do you have?
This uni I did not built, but last uni ~14 colonies including ruin colonies. Low tech colonies (tech6 bases)

4. How many Extraction Expert kits do you have extracting basic materials such as Metals, Space Oats, Silicon, Nuclear Waste and Baobabs?
Most of the time it was 5+ low tech kits

It would be beneficial for the 1 account users to have more base slots to use, if they intend to built only in 1 galaxy. So that way, they can make decent usage of the galaxy and have good amount of defense bases.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:59 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

i will answer to where i was working towards for this uni

~15 P2P
2. How many Extraction Expert, Colonial Administrator, and Station Mastery characters do you have?
depending on the gals, but had planned to do this for this uni
5 ExE
3 CA
15+ StM (just till i cba to go on with)

20 (to lazy to terraform)

4. How many Extraction Expert kits do you have extracting basic materials such as Metals, Space Oats, Silicon, Nuclear Waste and Baobabs?

Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:27 pm
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
lordjeroen wrote:
i will answer to where i was working towards for this uni

~15 P2P
depending on the gals, but had planned to do this for this uni
5 ExE
3 CA
15+ StM (just till i cba to go on with)

20 (to lazy to terraform)

HOLY SHIT

Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:45 pm
Team: Eternity
Main: Gold Spacer
Level: 3614

-5 P2p accounts totaling 9 characters

-1 ExE
-1 CA
-5 StM

Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:20 pm
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5980

2 p2p acc, 1 f2p acc

0 ExE, 1 CA, 1 StM. . . i ussually borrow ExE slots or just make slaves to take from main prod or shop that sells commods cuz i got an MfM

1 this uni, but i usually do all the planet i can in the galaxy i got. . . highest record i got was 6 colonies with 4 station per planet and also moons are occupied. . . hmm to put it short i use all the slots i have for bases currently has 3 decent p2p char per acc

as i said i got no ExE. . .

Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:32 am
Main: Burnout3
Level: 4963

6 Station Mastery
None but i do mine microbes noirs

-I feel like i'm doing something wrong compared to the trend above me.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:24 am
Main: Abomni
Level: 2822

-2 p2p

-2EE, 1CA, 1StM

-10 (1 ruins)

-9 EE kits

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:16 am
Main: Shadow Wolf
Level: 3550

1: accounts?
1 fully developed, 1 undeveloped

2: ExE, CA, STM?
developed: 2 stm, 1 CA, 1 ExE
undeveloped: 1 stm, 1 CA, 1 ExE

3: # Colonies?

4: ExE for basic?
19 total ExE kits, most are extracting basic commods in addition to higher.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:41 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: DownAndBelow
Level: 6843

we need to increase base slot per account not take away like SS did in C1

Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:30 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 3810

How many accounts do you have?

How many Extraction Expert, Colonial Administrator, and Station Mastery characters do you have?

2 CA 4 ExE 4 StM and about 10 MFM

How many colonies do you have?

Fuck colo's - I do make them for ruins that is all - if I had enough slots to make t16 colos I would.... I would also prefer higher tech exe kits but 5 sm20 chars gives you shit slots

How many Extraction Expert kits do you have extracting basic materials such as Metals, Space Oats, Silicon, Nuclear Waste and Baobabs?

Poorly setup this uni so like 14-20

Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:20 pm
Team: Immortal Silver
Main: ASpaceShip
Level: 4354

-2 ExE
-1 CA
-3 StM

-10+

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:06 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Slamma
Level: 3265

Seeing the amount of empty galaxies in perilous even this late in universe, I'd also think we might need more base slots. I know I for one ran right up to my limit of 93, and I won't multi-account for more.

Then again I saw multiple people in this thread say they were just too lazy this uni.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:28 pm
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: CLXXXIII
Level: 6059

beamanbr wrote:
Seeing the amount of empty galaxies in perilous even this late in universe, I'd also think we might need more base slots. I know I for one ran right up to my limit of 93, and I won't multi-account for more.

Then again I saw multiple people in this thread say they were just too lazy this uni.

This game is made for many more players and i see more people leaving than coming which maybe gets buffered by what we see in this thread.

Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:28 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next