Post List of new skins
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/list-of-new-skins/

Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:23 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Post Re: List of new skins
Would you be willing to remove the black marks on the Zebu skins, and make the brown/red on the edges of the Zebu Master brighter?

Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:41 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

Engine effect positions on the HM frame skin/model are out of place. By a mile :P

Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:43 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Durfingle
Level: 5819

where can we post our skin submisions!

Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:13 pm
Main: LightMare
Level: 1676

Will the ef skin be available to the hybridized zebra down the line? It looks leet!

Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:20 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: Karg
Level: 1633

that new skin for the EF ships looks neat espeacialy with the police lights.

Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:02 pm
Team: Suits
Main: egrosphere
Level: 4

MasterTrader wrote:
Would you be willing to remove the black marks on the Zebu skins, and make the brown/red on the edges of the Zebu Master brighter?

I could remove the black marks from the Zebucart Mark 2 skins, but in doing so I would most likely introduce inconsistencies (such as patches of colours that do not seem to visibly blend in with their surroundings) in the texture when I cover up the areas that previously had black marks on them with various colours. Making the brown/red edges of the Zebu master brighter is something I should be able to do; but when I made the Zebu Master skin I used the current Volcom texture and model from Star Sonata in order to remain consistent with the fact that the Zebu Master from client 1 used the Volcom image.

Markoz wrote:
Engine effect positions on the HM frame skin/model are out of place. By a mile :P

I am not sure what is causing this problem, it only seems to effect skins that involve visage replacements, and I am not sure if it effects every skin that uses a visage replacement either. I am not sure when the problem will be fixed.

Durfingle wrote:
where can we post our skin submisions!

You can post them at the following locations:

http://forum.starsonata.com/viewforum.php?f=94, http://forum.starsonata.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=58811 and http://forum.starsonata.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=59746, but I will still consider skins that are posted on other parts of the Star Sonata forum not listed above.

LightMare wrote:
Will the ef skin be available to the hybridized zebra down the line? It looks leet!

I will add the Earthforce Police Zebra skin to be used for the Hybridized Zebra possibly in a way so that getting a Earthforce Police Zebra skin for either the Zebra or Hybridized Zebra will allow you to use the skin on both any Zebra and Hybridized Zebra ships you may own without having to get 2 separate skins, similar to how if you have the Zebucart Mark 2 skin that I made, you can use the Zebucart Mark 2 skin on the Zebucart, Zebucart+, Advanced Zebucart, Oversized Zebucart and the Micro Zebu.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:36 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Would it be possible to add all skins that are normally available for a ship for Hybridization versions?

Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:39 am
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. The Zebu Master and Zebucart back in client 1 were a lot brighter. The Zebumaster used a hue adjusted zebucart that was like... Brighter. They had a really bright and advanced feeling too them, and those ships were really special to me for some reason, really grew on me.

And now they just look like Volcom recolors. :(

The funny thing is that the Volcom was a recolor/edit of the Zebucart in C1... And now it's been reversed lol.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:37 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

whatever happened to the class rebalance contest winners skins?

Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:21 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Lol, someone done goofed on Zebu and Zebu Master. My suggestion; remove black markings from both. Make both a lot shinier, and use a light red instead of brown on the Zebu Master (the reddish brown from C1 for Zebu Master will be indistinguishable from the volcom brown on C2).

Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:39 pm
Contributor

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Lol, someone done goofed on Zebu and Zebu Master. My suggestion; remove black markings from both. Make both a lot shinier, and use a light red instead of brown on the Zebu Master (the reddish brown from C1 for Zebu Master will be indistinguishable from the volcom brown on C2).

Yes please! There's another thing I've been thinking about when it comes to skins and how buying a skin for anything under tech 18-20 is a waste because you can't use that skin on a ship that's viable for end game... Basically if you buy a skin for a ship and then move on, you no longer can use the content you paid for as you progress.

No idea how that can be remedied, but I see that as a potential issue going forward, especially with steam. Those people are used to having cosmetics that follow them around no matter what. (Transmogrification for example).

That opens up too many problems in SS because of collision code and how the game is scaled and so on and so forth...

Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:56 am
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

MasterTrader wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

Yes please! There's another thing I've been thinking about when it comes to skins and how buying a skin for anything under tech 18-20 is a waste because you can't use that skin on a ship that's viable for end game... Basically if you buy a skin for a ship and then move on, you no longer can use the content you paid for as you progress.

No idea how that can be remedied, but I see that as a potential issue going forward, especially with steam. Those people are used to having cosmetics that follow them around no matter what. (Transmogrification for example).

That opens up too many problems in SS because of collision code and how the game is scaled and so on and so forth...

Sell back for 1/2 price?

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:10 pm
Contributor

Honestly there just needs to be higher tech versions of ships that have skins, so that you aren't wasting your money. If there were atleast end game versions of ships with skins, it wouldn't be a problem. If you buy cosmetic skins in any other game, you can use them on the noobiest of gear to the uberest of gear. You don't have to feel like you wasted money on cosmetics because you needed to upgrade.

That's gotta be dealt with or incoming steam players are going to use it to help tear this game to shreds in reviews when they find out about how skins work in this game.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:46 pm