Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: Admins Defiance
anilv wrote:
thecrazygamemaster wrote:
NOW can we nerf T21?

Maybe when you learn to not use junkyard kits for main defense.

qft

Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:31 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Burnout3
Level: 4963

but it seems like junkyard kits could have taken this gal out cause devnoobs dont know how to feed bases :P

Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:07 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Would be hilarious if the kits that the admins layed WERE junkyard kits. Explains the rations issue.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:12 pm
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

Hopefully the Black Boxes are signed with Scyron's name, we want bang for our buck! :lol: 12 hours of fun nontheless. Great fun!

Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:57 pm
Main: commanderM
Level: 3459

Hope some one took pictures...

I think this is a great idea there should of been a notice when gal was being assaulted, would have loved to watch help..xd

You should rebuild and not make it agro to player till they fire at you, you are the superior power after all.. :D
Thumbs up!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:50 pm

megfire wrote:
Hope some one took pictures...

I think this is a great idea there should of been a notice when gal was being assaulted, would have loved to watch help..xd

You should rebuild and not make it agro to player till they fire at you, you are the superior power after all.. :D
Thumbs up!!!

http://youtu.be/8s8r33Y-9eY

Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:58 pm
Team: Traders League
Main: Lazerus
Level: 2345

Hehehe, nice one old Jeff!

TEMPTING INDEED! What a challange!

Nice to have you engage yourself in some direct game-play. It should help dispel any myths regarding "Devmins"!

;-}

Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:05 am

lazerus wrote:
Hehehe, nice one old Jeff!

TEMPTING INDEED! What a challange!

Nice to have you engage yourself in some direct game-play. It should help dispel any myths regarding "Devmins"!

;-}

u w0t m8

Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:39 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Anyone else find it alarming that a galaxy of bases built with unlimited resources only managed to kill the people who failed to position themselves in a spot where they could sit AFK the whole time?

Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:14 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Anyone else find it alarming that a galaxy of bases built with unlimited resources only managed to kill the people who failed to position themselves in a spot where they could sit AFK the whole time?

Not really; the idea is that they were killable.

If we didn't want you killing them, we could of just given them Adum's Blockers, or we could of given ourselves Station Mastery 255 and Station Tweaking 255, plus a bunch of other stuff.

Support

Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:17 pm
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

One thing I noticed was how many mags ended up missing (from flicking through the video). Idk if that was intended but it's kind of a waste to put 10 kits there and have some of them unable to participate.

Also things like this would be awesome as a more regular event. I even came up with a way to make it (somewhat) inclusive:

There would be a specific galaxy where the event occurs. When a team wants to challenge the galaxy someone (maybe officer+?) has to go there and accept a reward mission; other players can then "Sign up" for the assault and get a NB key. 10~ players would have to sign up before the bases spawn. Upon clearing the galaxy all players with a mission are locked from the entire area and whoever has the reward mission receives imp chests/something to distribute from sol. If the team fails they get a week~ lockout to let someone else have a go.

Basically I'm the idea was to give the little guys a chance at the cool stuff without everyone wanting to farm it; to this end there would be maybe 5 galaxies of varying difficulty/reward, with a universal lockout, hopefully preventing stronger teams from just trying to farm the easy ones

Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:12 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Blue Dwarf wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

Not really; the idea is that they were killable.

If we didn't want you killing them, we could of just given them Adum's Blockers, or we could of given ourselves Station Mastery 255 and Station Tweaking 255, plus a bunch of other stuff.

That isn't the point I was making, have you watched the video? Everyone who dies, for the most part is clearly being MCed, and the account was just left in a bad spot. The bases weren't just "killable" they were pushover.

I do think it is good admin participation that this was done, but I also clearly see that something like this probably should have been more than an MC crest farming run. Mechanic absolutely should be introduced to disallow MCing in *some* situations. I get that most of SS's income is from MCers, but 2 or 3 guys MCing should not be able to go knock over a community event single handedly under any circumstances, ever.

I'm not saying that the bases could not be killed, or even that they should have been unkillable, I am saying that a community event should require a community to engage it.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:55 pm
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

I just want to chime in to say that the bases were mainly set up to have a lot of healing, with DPS being a secondary concern. That's why you didn't see players dying so much. On the other hand, the fact that EF used a 5-kit BvB with fairly substantial PvB support rather makes me question your use of the term "pushover." The gal did about as well as it was designed to do.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:18 pm
Team: Inert witty name here
Main: Sk1rm1sh
Level: 2032

ShawnMcCall wrote:
That isn't the point I was making, have you watched the video? Everyone who dies, for the most part is clearly being MCed, and the account was just left in a bad spot. The bases weren't just "killable" they were pushover.

I do think it is good admin participation that this was done, but I also clearly see that something like this probably should have been more than an MC crest farming run. Mechanic absolutely should be introduced to disallow MCing in *some* situations. I get that most of SS's income is from MCers, but 2 or 3 guys MCing should not be able to go knock over a community event single handedly under any circumstances, ever.

I'm not saying that the bases could not be killed, or even that they should have been unkillable, I am saying that a community event should require a community to engage it.

Unless you've got a man on the inside I don't see how you could possibly know how many people were involved and frankly you're completely off the mark in almost every point you're trying to make.

The player names (not account names) who were involved were listed on the EF base names and the whole push took roughly 12 hrs from the time the first kits were placed.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:47 pm
Main: commanderM
Level: 3459

I like salt's idea or development of some variant.
Defo should do this again but make it a bit different so some of us average Joe's can get involved..

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:42 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next