Post Perilous Perilous Space: Are you guys ready to face madness?
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/perilous ... e-madness/

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:29 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Post Re: Perilous Perilous Space: Are you guys ready to face madn
very nice makes me want to sub and get smacked dafuqup

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:48 am
Profile WWW
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

HYPE

is this in the next universe?

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:50 am
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Yes, this is scheduled to go live in a few days :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:05 am
Main: Kinetic
Level: 4707

OMFG The Kalthi is my favorite Faction of all times i love everything about them. i wish to see a Kalthi Capital or Heavy Fighter Ship BP even tho it was suggested as Player Obtainable AI Ships by Suit :P

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:47 am
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

That's it, I'm quitting my dayjob.

/Scyron, full-time space hero on welfare

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:50 am
Profile WWW

I will do another update in this post a bit later today, with a bit more detail and information on what you guys can look forward to :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:00 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Please tell me those textures are getting changed.

Please?

All my friends are gonna laugh at me if I try to get them to play the game if the upper end content looks...like that. :cry:

OTHERWISE!

Awesome addition.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:19 pm

I don't think we have any payed staff to work on models and textures, so we rely on volunteers to get them done :) We have two volunteer developers that is helping out on this, but there are a lot of ships in total in this addition.

If any players are up for the challenge to make textures, then have a go at it! But I do prefer if we actually get new models first, and then expand on textures based on those new models :)

And as I probably should point out, this is on low settings, and some of these textures are based off of way smaller ships, so the textures get a bit stretched, if that's understandable.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:46 pm
Main: kwilson
Level: 5328

"they were dumped in outer space and left to rust and rot"

Seriously? So those Earthforce Scientists (presumably the best and brightest minds in the known universe) ran into some complications and ended up with "corrupted" cyborgs.

These sophisticated robots not only became uncontrollable, but they began to show evidence of the emotion of hate toward their makers.

It stands to reason that the only means of sweeping this problem under the carpet would be to send them into the farthest reaches of space where, in theory, they would rust and rot. Problem solved.

Well then...perhaps someone should have mentioned that since space is a vacuum, there is no water and oxygen that would be necessary for the rust process. Probably not much rotting either. Minor details I realize.

So now we are led to believe that those rusted and rotted robots in the farthest reaches of space not only survived, but thrived and developed an organized army that is bent on the death and destruction of all things Earthforce. But they exist very peacefully with the Lunarians and Solarians.

My confidence in the ability of the Earthforce Scientists to predict, theorize, understand basic scientific principles, etc., just went to zero.

I don't know what kind of experiments those Earthforce Scientists did on those cyborgs, but I am beginning to think those were not really scientists. Sounds more like a bunch of meth'd up frat guys broke into some secret robot facility and pulled the greatest prank this millenium has ever seen.

There's definitely a cover up going on here!

Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:11 pm

The rust and rot part was more of an expression I used, I'm sure those scientists knew exactly what they were doing when they dumped them out there!

And remember that the Lunarians and Selenites have seen several moons occupied by Terran factions, Sonatians included, where Earthforce is the space police of Terran space. The Moonfighters aren't exactly pleased to see planetary mining on their beloved moons, and so they have valid reasons to share the same hate towards anyone Earth-like who enter their space :) Perhaps the Moonfighters and Corrupted Cyborgs are planning a plot together...

Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:34 pm
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Inb4 Churchill's 60 page fanfic based on this new lore

Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

This looks awesome.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:29 pm

In this addition you guys will see about 100 new items, and 15 new ships :) I might expand on this at a later time, but right now we're running too close to the universe reset to add anything, so any additional items will be added mid-universe if I find the time to make some additions there.

I have yet to add in mission chains related to this content, the main priority has been to get the spawners going, balance them, and give them a good variety of new loot. Since this has been largely a volunteer project, and somewhat impulsive, I expect there to be room for improvement :) Feedback is appreciated!

The wormholes requires W4 to navigate.

I've been somewhat careful with the balancing of AI levels, item/gear balance, and so on, as I'd rather improve if needed, instead of nerfing where forced to :)

I think we'll leave the rest up to you guys to explore, unless anyone have some obvious questions that needs answering :)

Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:36 pm
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

The Vert wrote:
In this addition you guys will see about 100 new items, and 15 new ships :) I might expand on this at a later time, but right now we're running too close to the universe reset to add anything, so any additional items will be added mid-universe if I find the time to make some additions there.

I have yet to add in mission chains related to this content, the main priority has been to get the spawners going, balance them, and give them a good variety of new loot. Since this has been largely a volunteer project, and somewhat impulsive, I expect there to be room for improvement :) Feedback is appreciated!

The wormholes requires W4 to navigate.

I've been somewhat careful with the balancing of AI levels, item/gear balance, and so on, as I'd rather improve if needed, instead of nerfing where forced to :)

I think we'll leave the rest up to you guys to explore, unless anyone have some obvious questions that needs answering :)

wtb warp 5 shortcuts.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:10 pm