Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Post Re: Revisting Perilous Perilous Space
dreadlordnaf wrote:
I think the idea behind Peri Peri space was great, but it seems like if you had to use a scale, regular roaming peri space is a 4 out of 10 on the danger scale. Some of the high end DF 360-380 dungeons are at a 6 or 7. Then they made roaming peri peri space like a 30 out of 10. Seems like it was a bit overkill. At least make the first PP space sector somewhat bearable... Right now seems like you cant stick your head in without at min a maxed zerker and Shm, accompanied by DPS. Which means PP space will most frequently be used by the MC'ers with multiple subs.

I've had a lot of positive feedback so far, so I'm interested in the constructive feedback as well, but please make sure you have experience with the content, so you can refer to something in specific :)

And to be short, because I don't have the time to sit around and type this forever: Yes you need a high(est) end squad. No, it won't be most frequently used by multiclienters. It will be most frequently used by squads that work out to master the content. No, this is not meant to be for the solo player, you need a minimum requirement of characters. And no, I did not want it to scale as it would end up creating certain "focus areas" where players would clump together due to the scale. And no, Perilous Perilous Space can't be compared to Perilous Space :)

I'm not changing the design, but I'm willing to make changes to drop tables, spawners, loot, and so on. But the basic design will stay as-is :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:04 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

If you're willing to make changes to the drop table, can you look at increasing the drop chance for commods some more? Its fucking hilarious when we get tons and tons of selenite and lunarian bps but no commods to build them with. :roll:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:34 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
If you're willing to make changes to the drop table, can you look at increasing the drop chance for commods some more? Its fucking hilarious when we get tons and tons of selenite and lunarian bps but no commods to build them with. :roll:

I took a look, and I agree :) Thanks for the feeback, I'll do some changes that will increase the drop chance of commodities and commodity blueprints.

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:25 pm
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

The Vert wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

I took a look, and I agree :) Thanks for the feeback, I'll do some changes that will increase the drop chance of commodities and commodity blueprints.

commodity blueprint drops seems fine to me. Just increase in the commod be nice.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:54 pm
Contributor

Think you could tune the Kalthi Deployer AI a bit more?

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:27 pm

MasterTrader wrote:

What do you mean? :)

Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:45 pm
Contributor

The Vert wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

It appears that each individual drone that they drop is stronger as well. They are way stronger than they used to be. It also isn't very clear whether or not killing their drones or killing them first is the better option... I dunno how to put this, but they feel really overwhelming. If that was your intention then I guess you succeeded, but its really maddening to try and figure out which targets are priority.

I always say we need to kill the healing drones, but everyone else in the squad I roll with seems to think they're impossible to kill for some reason. AND, the last time we tried them our tank got blown to smithereens as soon as he warped into the room. In the past, we had time to heal him and our squadmates before they died. Now, people just die instantly.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:05 am

MasterTrader wrote:
The Vert wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

It appears that each individual drone that they drop is stronger as well. They are way stronger than they used to be. It also isn't very clear whether or not killing their drones or killing them first is the better option... I dunno how to put this, but they feel really overwhelming. If that was your intention then I guess you succeeded, but its really maddening to try and figure out which targets are priority.

I always say we need to kill the healing drones, but everyone else in the squad I roll with seems to think they're impossible to kill for some reason. AND, the last time we tried them our tank got blown to smithereens as soon as he warped into the room. In the past, we had time to heal him and our squadmates before they died. Now, people just die instantly.

Their drone strength has been unchanged forever. The strength of the ships themselves were increased as of the last patch, some of it was intentional, but it also slipped in some values that weren't supposed to be live, which made them way more powerful than they should have been :)

I hope that answers your question.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:25 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

New name plz, EF has a great idea for a new name. Perhaps the community could come up with something though?

Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:22 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

The Vert wrote:
Their drone strength has been unchanged forever. The strength of the ships themselves were increased as of the last patch, some of it was intentional, but it also slipped in some values that weren't supposed to be live, which made them way more powerful than they should have been :)

I hope that answers your question.

Vert, so far as I know drones will inherit some (1/2?) of their owner's skills, so please keep that in mind if you give the AI any skills (e.g MoA) it will make their drones stronger too!

Just wanted to point that out, lest we end up with more unintended buffs.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:54 am
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

deployers are fine as how they are imo.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:19 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Snurt
Level: 9819

I feel like its at a balance now, right now its doable with around 10 people not multiclienting.

Its good that we are getting some more commods. Maybe we can get some stuff built so we can fight over it.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:31 pm
Contributor

Not like we aren't already fighting over anything... :roll:

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:06 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Aridross
Level: 4150

yeah, new name sounds like a good idea.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:19 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

I dont understand why the AIs in PPS are such low lvl. The AIs are way tougher then anything else in the game (DG wise), yet your better off lvling in regular perilous space? I think lvl 3k minimum would be fitting for all the ai in there.

Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:33 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next