Main: Skirmish
Level: 5189

Post Re: Server Patch 2.17.2015
So, massive AI beef next uni? :o

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:06 pm
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

No, I can explain a bit in depth if you're interested :)

What I first did when I made all the AI, was to give them something called XTRASKILL in their spawner tag. This means they gain most of their strength from skills, and not from the gear itself, or overloaders! :)

When I had to nerf them heavily, I did so by giving them a variety of overloaders that would reduce their damage, rate of fire, range, resistance to damage and so on.

Next universe I would ideally remove the overloaders, and reduce the XTRASKILL in their spawner to bring them to the same balance as they are now. Some of the testing numbers that I was using to prepare for this, was somehow included in this patch.

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:22 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Next question: Will the spawners be fixed for the rest of the games content?

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:49 pm

The issue with boss script spawners? I wasn't in our weekly meeting today but I will do my best to make sure we get some attention on that issue :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:45 pm
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: CLXXXIII
Level: 6059

PPspace dgs got a huge buff will you not change it anymore like it was before or was it a intended buff ?

all inbuilds do a shit loads of more damage

Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:28 pm

CLXXXIII wrote:
PPspace dgs got a huge buff will you not change it anymore like it was before or was it a intended buff ?

all inbuilds do a shit loads of more damage

The Vert wrote:
After investigating, it seems I managed to slip in a change that was meant for the next universe reset, so the Perilous Perilous Space spawners are currently more powerful than they are supposed to be. Sorry about that! To make up for it, I'll include a lot of new items for the drop tables for the next micropatch, and try to see if we can get the fix and the addition patched in soon :)

Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:56 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

I don't understand how you can slip it in a micro patch and then can't unslip it in the next?

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: CLXXXIII
Level: 6059

Thx You

will still sit the next 48 h in ppspace and kill kathis.

PS: you you nerfed resistance on t22 zerk ship D: ?

Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:33 pm
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5980

is it fixed yet?

Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:38 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

sabre198 wrote:
I don't understand how you can slip it in a micro patch and then can't unslip it in the next?

SS is a slippery slope

Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:08 am

sabre198 wrote:

Because I'm a volunteer developer, so my work hours aren't on a daily basis. The micropatch that happened recently was decided on before I had time to revert the changes :) My developer work hours is heavily relying on priorities in my weekly schedule, which is why some decisions might seem confusing to you guys :)

Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:19 am
Main: GodSteel
Level: 3170

The Vert wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

Because I'm a volunteer developer, so my work hours aren't on a daily basis. The micropatch that happened recently was decided on before I had time to revert the changes :) My developer work hours is heavily relying on priorities in my weekly schedule, which is why some decisions might seem confusing to you guys :)

I am a bit afraid to ask, but from what you say, it looks like you are working on a production code. Do you guys use any version controlling system?

In a proper workflow, I imagine you should be working on your own fork of ss dev code and submit a merge request to Jey once it's done and tested. Merge it with main development branch, test again and then push to the production code.

Well, that's how I would do it at least ^^.

Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:37 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

Godsteel wrote:
The Vert wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

I am a bit afraid to ask, but from what you say, it looks like you are working on a production code. Do you guys use any version controlling system?

In a proper workflow, I imagine you should be working on your own fork of ss dev code and submit a merge request to Jey once it's done and tested. Merge it with main development branch, test again and then push to the production code.

Well, that's how I would do it at least ^^.

It'd be crazy not to use version control, we definitely use it. The issue was just a minor communication issue on what should be included.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:14 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

Yay thanks! :D For adding it to the website!

Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:56 pm