Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Post Re: Weekly Dev Meeting - 15th April
kwilson wrote:
Well, if you are taking suggestions for handing out the Steam Beta keys, here is mine:

Give the Director of every team that has been active in the past 4 weeks an option to redeeem 1 key, with a 1 week redemption window.

Take the remaining keys and distribute them to the top 10 teams based upon their team score. The higher the team score, the more active players they are likely to have to redeem the keys. Let the teams decide who should get the keys.

Might be a good idea to reserve a dozen or so for the devs to hand out on a special case basis.

No.

You'd only get players from the mid - end game. You need a wide variety of players to test a wide variety of things. Your mothod would only narrow it down to most of EF and some of the rest, lol.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:44 pm
Main: Skirmish
Level: 5189

Work out what needs testing, put together a few use case scenarios for people to run through if they want to apply, revoke keys if they don't... profit.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:47 pm
Main: NukeACow
Level: 6770

Some of the banners should have Earthforce Ships and Paxian ships. They are a huge driving force of this game.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:08 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

People who are experienced with steam probably is a good thing.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:13 pm

Btw just a thought, how you going to approach people who have multiple accounts? Steam only allows one game to run at a time, unless you made a launcher that allows for multiple clients to run at one time...

+ how when people first pay for SS through steam? does the steam account name become there ss account name?

Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:12 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Markoz wrote:
multiple accounts?

Really... -_-

Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:51 pm
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

Should really allow f2p to shoot each other in like EF space so they can experience the total package or they'll just leave and curse at our blasted f2p model. If they enjoy the game they'll go p2p eventually, but if you never let them experience it well then they also wont go p2p.

Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:27 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Dom wrote:
Should really allow f2p to shoot each other in like EF space so they can experience the total package or they'll just leave and curse at our blasted f2p model. If they enjoy the game they'll go p2p eventually, but if you never let them experience it well then they also wont go p2p.

That would probably result in a few uber f2p (maybe even p2p alts) camping everyone else with slave swarms. It might be all right if just warp 3 of EF layer were opened up to f2p pvp, though.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:33 pm
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

That would be an excellent compromise

Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:35 pm
Dev Team
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

Markoz wrote:
Btw just a thought, how you going to approach people who have multiple accounts? Steam only allows one game to run at a time, unless you made a launcher that allows for multiple clients to run at one time...

+ how when people first pay for SS through steam? does the steam account name become there ss account name?

As i mentioned in a few places already, if steam refuse the api load (game already running, steam not connected etc) it just start the game client without steam.

Indeed you can only have 1 steam client open, but you can still have multiple non steam client on top of your steam client. Assuming i cant figure a way to get the api in all of them heh.

On the name part, on ss the steamid is merely used to know who to give the achievements to (maybe in the future there will be more use for the steam id, but currently its just an id sent alongside your regular connection) it does not affect your ingame name or account name in any way.

It will however be auto entered as account name when you press new account but nothing stop people from changing it.

Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:19 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Jey123456 wrote:
Markoz wrote:

As i mentioned in a few places already, if steam refuse the api load (game already running, steam not connected etc) it just start the game client without steam.

Indeed you can only have 1 steam client open, but you can still have multiple non steam client on top of your steam client. Assuming i cant figure a way to get the api in all of them heh.

On the name part, on ss the steamid is merely used to know who to give the achievements to (maybe in the future there will be more use for the steam id, but currently its just an id sent alongside your regular connection) it does not affect your ingame name or account name in any way.

It will however be auto entered as account name when you press new account but nothing stop people from changing it.

Gross, opening new clients sounds like it would be annoying through steam. Auto entering my Steam name.

Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:23 pm
Dev Team
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

only on the new account window not on the connection.

Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:25 pm

Ah ty Jey for the response :) . I don't see a issue to continue using SS outside steam for mcing personally, abit sad that it can't "atm" be multi-instanced clients.

The new account auto name full makes sense, awesome for more automation for new people.

I was going to ask about the payment system but then i thought its none of my goddamn business so nvm lol. :roll:

Btw I do know there's haters of multi-accouters out there I'm not ignoring you, I would like this game to be single account based, but in my personal case I only have a 2nd account so I can make a decent galaxy and fully benefit from being able to do some of the content this game provides. I put time and money into the 2nd account so I dunno, I do hope however that steam players don't abuse this with 10+ f2p accounts or the developers put something in place to prevent that from happening.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:00 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Markoz wrote:
Ah ty Jey for the response :) . I don't see a issue to continue using SS outside steam for mcing personally, abit sad that it can't "atm" be multi-instanced clients.

The new account auto name full makes sense, awesome for more automation for new people.

I was going to ask about the payment system but then i thought its none of my goddamn business so nvm lol. :roll:

Btw I do know there's haters of multi-accouters out there I'm not ignoring you, I would like this game to be single account based, but in my personal case I only have a 2nd account so I can make a decent galaxy and fully benefit from being able to do some of the content this game provides. I put time and money into the 2nd account so I dunno, I do hope however that steam players don't abuse this with 10+ f2p accounts or the developers put something in place to prevent that from happening.

I have nothing against people with 2 accounts lol.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:26 pm