over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Weekly Dev Notes - 22nd April
andezrhode2a wrote:
heylo wrote:
Skirmish wrote:
At the risk of sounding like an after-school special, I think we all know who really camped ares for trills then wiped SP. Their relative population stop you exploiting the Anatolia bug?

I hope for your sake this is sarcasm

Speculations, speculations everywhere!

It's all a lie, Traders is the real admin team.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:08 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

Fucking knew it all along

Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:36 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

I thought it was Legion.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:38 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

legion was the AI team, trying to break free of the buggy code the admins gave them

Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:55 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

come high 5 me im irish!

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:27 pm
Team: Public Enemy
Main: The Architect
Level: 157

The hypocrisy in this thread is amazing! Every single one of you is guilty of exploitation at some point or another.

Leveling exploits? How about The Maus one. It was reported to admins close to a year ago and has it been fixed? Certainly the abuser's lvls were not reverted that's for sure...

The biggest exploit of all is the Extension Y's. It's FAR FAR worse than any money you can make off of colonies. All the top teams have been getting filthy rich off it for as long as I've been playing this game.

Admins- how can you even think about calling this an intended feature when all AI base commodities have selling limits????

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:15 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

pocket9s wrote:
The hypocrisy in this thread is amazing! Every single one of you is guilty of exploitation at some point or another.

Leveling exploits? How about The Maus one. It was reported to admins close to a year ago and has it been fixed? Certainly the abuser's lvls were not reverted that's for sure...

The biggest exploit of all is the Extension Y's. It's FAR FAR worse than any money you can make off of colonies. All the top teams have been getting filthy rich off it for as long as I've been playing this game.

Admins- how can you even think about calling this an intended feature when all AI base commodities have selling limits????

I make ~5b a day off Y's. 1 Colony is 500m per, average. I know players with >100 colonies. If you need proof, go look at the Population scores for teams, you will see teams with billions and billions of population. Average it out, 6b per colony, you'll be able to find the money :P.

I see Y's as an alternate way to gain passive income, without the annoyance of colonies, at the cost of reduced profits.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:25 am
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

pocket9s wrote:

You're a bit late there Mr. Anonymous. Station Extension Y production was brought up several times, discussed thoroughly with the developers, and it was decided that the production and profit of Station Extension Y's was quite similar to the investment and profit from colonies. In such, it was seen as a balanced alternative to colonies. So that falls in under the category of examples which have been reviewed and discussed, and decided upon.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:21 am

andezrhode2a wrote:
pocket9s wrote:

You're a bit late there Mr. Anonymous. Station Extension Y production was brought up several times, discussed thoroughly with the developers, and it was decided that the production and profit of Station Extension Y's was quite similar to the investment and profit from colonies. In such, it was seen as a balanced alternative to colonies. So that falls in under the category of examples which have been reviewed and discussed, and decided upon.

Where can I read these discussions? And also where are the ones for Ares Warriors?

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:29 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

EF forumz :P

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:53 am
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

Support tickets or forum private messages is what I've used through the years. When I report a possible exploit I don't put it on the public forums. But if you really want to see it public, just ask a developer for a comment on it?

Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:00 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Extension y's is bogus, last time it came up when pressed by myself and enkelin the poster simply couldn't make the numbers work. Sorry.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:05 am
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:
Extension y's is bogus, last time it came up when pressed by myself and enkelin the poster simply couldn't make the numbers work. Sorry.

Bogus in what way? Assuming no bulk discounts, it costs 50m per 1k, and 5m metals. That stack ai bases for 100m. So I'm making 50m per 5m metals, which is like 20 credits per metal. Hooray.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:07 am
Main: NukeACow
Level: 6770

How bout dem Green Battleship and Nightfury player ships?

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:15 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Bogus exploit, it's a fair wage for a fair piece of work I mean.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:46 am
Profile WWW