Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: Weekly Dev Notes - 22nd April
sabre198 wrote:
no because people have always been doing that

What if I told you that's part of the problem.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:05 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

I'd say whats the problem you are talking about.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:25 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Pretty rich seeing Thermal getting hot and bothered about "exploiting" when he had something like 120k SUSTAINED prom from a bugged ferm roid source, a few unis back. How's that 3-4 Tril colo profits treating you, bud?

When you complained to me back then about GQ and Rhys farming warriors for credits, you seemed to shut up real quick when I brought this up.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:42 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

anilv wrote:
Pretty rich seeing Thermal getting hot and bothered about "exploiting" when he had something like 120k SUSTAINED prom from a bugged ferm roid source, a few unis back. How's that 3-4 Tril colo profits treating you, bud?

When you complained to me back then about GQ and Rhys farming warriors for credits, you seemed to shut up real quick when I brought this up.

Shhhh, don't use logic and reasoning against him. He knows everything. Also we can't delete his credits, they are special.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:44 am
Main: Skirmish
Level: 5189

anilv wrote:

How is a ferm roid ring a bug?

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:32 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Skirmish wrote:
anilv wrote:

Your reply supports my point better than anything I could have said. Thank you.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:44 am

anilv wrote:
Skirmish wrote:
anilv wrote:

Your reply supports my point better than anything I could have said. Thank you.

It was more of a question than a reply but OK, glad to help :)

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:56 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Kinetic
Level: 4707

This is getting better on every post :lol:

Where is Hober with the Popcorn :?:

Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:19 am
Main: Capt Cool
Level: 0

i dont really care about anyones shit talking here, but if admins gonna let exploits like these slide so easily no one wil care and they wil just be abused if more wil be found..

plenty of teams used the augs exploit in arena 1 and 2 and most of those are probably ai based by now so its safe to say this is on the cba list of the admins.

getting that many imp seals in a short time without any risk however..

Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:04 pm

So what you guys do with the augs you gain from Arena exploit ai base them?
and make billions out of them?

I should go do the same since nothing will ever happen

Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:10 pm
Main: Capt Cool
Level: 0

i put them on a seperate base incase devmins are removing them..
but yea i geuss other ppl ai base them cause in 2 days you get like 10k good dam and 10k good aggra..(probably more but i didnt camp to much) and like 400 of every other T16 and under aug

Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:14 pm

Now i see how some people got a Prawn so easy :roll:

This is also why the economy is fucking broken right now

Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:40 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

SwiftEagle wrote:
This is getting better on every post :lol:

Where is Hober with the Popcorn :?:

I'm just sitting with my jaw on the fucking floor. I've been talking about SHIT LIKE THIS FOR FUCKING YEARS!

YEARS!

I've been saying exploitation of bugs since 2000 FUCKING 5 have been steadily ruining this game and distorting the real issues. I've been saying the economy is fucked, I've been saying something is wrong, and I've been laughed at and told to shut the fuck up because I don't know what I'm talking about.

Broken fermium ring? Obvious bug. Olympus Warriors dropping tons of augs? Obvious bug. Pulling hundreds of billions off of colonies? Obvious bug. Abusing bindomite unbinding? Obvious bug.

So when I did something like posted about how an inordinate amount of money was being pulled from colonies compared to everything else, people thought that because the numbers were high for scooped credits/AI base credits that there was no problem. When the reality is and was that screwy things were happening that inflated that number. And when I pressed for another snapshot of what was happening over time, exactly what I said was happening was happening. I may not have been exactly right about WHY it was happening, but I was right about WHAT was happening and that there was more than met the eye.

The funny thing is that the amount of inflation due to these bugs has gotten so high, that the select people who have a large quantity of the credits and resources have no real incentive to keep working towards them legitimately.

When you abuse something, and acquire far more than you normally would, it spoils the normal experience. No one in their right mind would be happy going from getting paid 1m a day to 100k a day, so for them they are better off not doing anything until they can get back to making 1mil a day or more. Why should I spend my time doing something thats going to get me 10% of what I would get if I abused something?

Oh wait I'm sorry, its not abuse or an exploit. Its a "feature" that you just so happened to find out about and use. :roll:

A few years ago I was invited to do the Ares Warrior farming with some teammates on a now dead team, and I had no idea what the hell was going on. After we went one time, I knew for a fact it was an exploit after I started gaining levels like crazy and the AI were dropping huge amounts of augs. I didn't do it anymore after that.

I knew things related to colonies and pumping were, at best, bug abuse after I had the old colony system explained to me as a noob. I knew certain fermium rings were broken as hell after I looked on team score and saw some ridiculously crazy mining scores.

I knew people were exploiting the "scoop credits" score in personal scores by giving Zebucart's tons of money and then killing and scooping the credits, rinse and repeat... Yeah you lose money, but you boost your ranking on the front page. If you have money, why not? Not like theres anything else to spend it on... :roll:

I dare any of the people posting about everyone elses exploits to claim that they have never knowingly exploited before. I'm talking about small exploits AND large exploits. Go ahead. Most of you would be lying.

EDIT:

SwiftEagle wrote:
Now i see how some people got a Prawn so easy :roll:

This is also why the economy is fucking broken right now

No, some people got a Prawn so easy because Prawn Pieces were dropping like motherfucking candy before Captain Kidd even got added. That was the admins fault. Still, people exploited the unintended windfall of Prawn Pieces by using those ill gotten Prawn Pieces to build Prawns. They had no idea what the Prawn Pieces were for, and the admins never fixed the issue. (Which would have been making those items worthless by making the Prawn build from Prawn Scraps/Fragments instead of Pieces, which would have meant that people would be forced to disregard the Pieces they acquired illegitimately).

Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:14 pm
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

anilv wrote:
Pretty rich seeing Thermal getting hot and bothered about "exploiting" when he had something like 120k SUSTAINED prom from a bugged ferm roid source, a few unis back.

The moment the potential outcome of that source was known, I contacted Jeff_L. He did not see it as a bug, and actually said it was going to stay that way. I even questioned this, and asked other administrators for their input, and they said the same. If it is intentional, but rare, then it isn't actively taking advantage of an obvious issue that needs to be fixed. I have still to see any similar administrator statement come around for any of these issues.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:04 pm

andezrhode2a wrote:
anilv wrote:
Pretty rich seeing Thermal getting hot and bothered about "exploiting" when he had something like 120k SUSTAINED prom from a bugged ferm roid source, a few unis back.

The moment the potential outcome of that source was known, I contacted Jeff_L. He did not see it as a bug, and actually said it was going to stay that way. I even questioned this, and asked other administrators for their input, and they said the same. If it is intentional, but rare, then it isn't actively taking advantage of an obvious issue that needs to be fixed. I have still to see any similar administrator statement come around for any of these issues.

Surely my questioning how that was a bug supports enk's view though...?

Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:11 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next