Post Weekly Dev Notes - 22nd April
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/weekly-d ... 2nd-april/

Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:52 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

Post Re: Weekly Dev Notes - 22nd April
Keep up the good work! I personally really appreciate being informed on whats happening :)!

Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:46 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Kinetic
Level: 4707

Are you going to do anything about the players who has been abusing/exploiting the Palace bug?

Dont want to see anyone banned but remove the skills they gained from the exploit.

No offence :)

Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:28 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

SwiftEagle wrote:
Are you going to do anything about the players who has been abusing/exploiting the Palace bug?

Dont want to see anyone banned but remove the skills they gained from the exploit.

lol get rekt

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:58 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

anilv wrote:
SwiftEagle wrote:

lol get rekt

tyrannosaurus rekt.

Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:20 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Suit wrote:
Similar issue as with the team score system. Since there are many strong teams, new and lower teams are having difficulty climbing up the ranks to become stronger and better. We’ve been thinking of the possibility of a new system which is less linear than the current one.

Yes! Finally!

SwiftEagle wrote:

I want to see exploiters banned.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:00 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Suit wrote:
Similar issue as with the team score system. Since there are many strong teams, new and lower teams are having difficulty climbing up the ranks to become stronger and better. We’ve been thinking of the possibility of a new system which is less linear than the current one.

What does this mean exactly?

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:26 am

Antilzah wrote:
Suit wrote:

Yes! Finally!

SwiftEagle wrote:

Same here. Looking at a few bugs still "awaiting patch."

Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:44 am

Antilzah wrote:
Suit wrote:

Yes! Finally!

SwiftEagle wrote:

K lets fucking ban pretty much everyone on every endgame team then for exploiting the neurobound bug during uni resets.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:53 am
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

Dom wrote:
K lets fucking ban pretty much everyone on every endgame team then for exploiting the neurobound bug during uni resets.

Nobody is actively choosing to take advantage of that. So your example is moot in this discussion.

This discussion is another good example of the mentality that have been described as "Quick! Take advantage of it for as long as you can, before it is fixed. Everyone else has taken advantage of it for too long for anyone to be penalized for it, so we're most likely going to get away with it, along with a major profit from the exploited benfits!"

And those who actually had the morale to report it, get nothing.

And before you try to tell me that my statement about the mentality is equal to the issue with Bindomite, note yourself of the part where it says "take advantage".

Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:14 am

Bullshit argument, you're just upset you guys didn't figure it out and are now QQ'ing, regardless I never 'abused' the palace nor the bindomite 'bug' so gtfo with your double standards

Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:28 am

No, the argument is completely valid. This is something that some select few players found out about, and have managed to keep somewhat hidden, while actively taking advantage of, and choosing to abuse. It was obviously a faulty mechanic (why should holding Anatolia for 10 days without losing your claim reward the same amount of Imperial Seals as taking it once for an extremely short period of time every 10 days? That claim is worth the period of time you hold the Palace in my book, and should be rewarded accordingly). Something isn't fixed unless it wasn't meant to be the way it is. In this situation, it is pretty clear that it was a borderline issue. And somehow, everything becomes so obvious when Resident Evil starts abusing borderline issues... :roll:

And I'm not really interested in your relation to the two mentioned examples. You chose to start a discussion comparing this with a completely different and irrelevant issue, which I'm now calling moot on. It seems my call was justified, and correct, based on your response and reaction.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:47 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

That bindo argument you made is BS as well. Don't act like you didnt throw all ur NB'd gear into ur TSL and kept your fingers crossed on uni reset day. We all know you did :lol:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:01 am

So like, we going to talk about EF's infinite deadliness score and exploiting Ares Warrior amush spawners to farm massive amounts of augs for the past uni or two? Or is that not on subject.

I just find it funny every time an exploit or a "bug" comes up, no one wants to talk about who's doing it until it's too late. And if you do report it, nothing gets done for months because it just isn't deemed important enough. And it further divides the groups who like the admins and who don't, and causes even more infighting amongst and ever-shrinking playerbase.

There's a time and a place for this type of conversation. I don't think either of you have a fucking place to stand.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:18 am

heylo wrote:
That bindo argument you made is BS as well. Don't act like you didnt throw all ur NB'd gear into ur TSL and kept your fingers crossed on uni reset day. We all know you did :lol:

Too bad I never did that. Now what?

Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:21 am