Post Weekly Dev Notes - 1st July
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/weekly-d ... -1st-july/

Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:45 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Post Re: Weekly Dev Notes - 1st July
Blue Dwarf wrote:
It’s very hard to do. We’ve discussed ways to add missions and items to the wiki automatically. I won’t go into detail on this, because it’s quite technical (and took us half an hour)

You forgot a full stop at the end there! Also, that's a total lie, the wiki discussion took an hour, lol.

Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:51 pm
Team: Whitebeard Pirates
Main: Putty
Level: 2909

SunDog60 wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:
It’s very hard to do. We’ve discussed ways to add missions and items to the wiki automatically. I won’t go into detail on this, because it’s quite technical (and took us half an hour)

You forgot a full stop at the end there! Also, that's a total lie, the wiki discussion took an hour, lol.

If this eventually goes in, you will become pretty bored..

Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:58 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

93578 wrote:
SunDog60 wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:

If this eventually goes in, you will become pretty bored..

That's fine. I think most of the endgame playerbase is pretty bored.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:32 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

ELITE wrote:
That's fine. I think most of the endgame playerbase is pretty bored.

We're having a blast over here in Eminence Front! No wonder so many people wants to join our team if all other teams are bored. Would you like to join?

Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:32 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

invite pls

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:17 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

andezrhode2a wrote:
We're having a blast

Quite literally, yes.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:34 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

I won't be holding my breath, but thank you very much for the update and hopefully you'll be able to showcase the progress you guys have made! :wink:

Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:11 pm

Masterful wrote:
andezrhode2a wrote:
We're having a blast

Quite literally, yes.

Even if the war hit us hard, we're still the top team on scores, and in my view we're even tighter than before now. And I'm having a better time now setting up team activities for everyone to participate in, compared to when most of our players were occupied with basebuilding.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:02 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

andezrhode2a wrote:
Masterful wrote:
andezrhode2a wrote:
We're having a blast

Quite literally, yes.

Even if the war hit us hard, we're still the top team on scores, and in my view we're even tighter than before now. And I'm having a better time now setting up team activities for everyone to participate in, compared to when most of our players were occupied with basebuilding.

Lucky you! We'll give you the same treatment next uni! :wink:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:32 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Traders spa and resort

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:58 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

andezrhode2a wrote:
Even if the war hit us hard, we're still the top team on scores

High scores are about as relevant to power as levels. EF and SP have done fantastic jobs at proving this.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:53 pm

Tomzta09 wrote:
andezrhode2a wrote:

High scores are about as relevant to power as levels. EF and SP have done fantastic jobs at proving this.

I'll try not to come off as arrogant when writing this, but I seem to struggle a bit with your comment. Let me give an example.

Quote:
Activity: Activity points are awarded for being online, chatting, killing AI, scooping debris and warping between galaxies. This score decays over time.

Loyalty: Loyalty points are built up over time from activity points. When a member leaves, the team loses a fraction of its loyalty points. This score decays over time.

Deadliness: Accumulated levels of AI killed by team members. Kills from a userbase or permanent drone do not count. This score decays over time.

Experience: One point is gained every time a team member levels up. This score decays over time.

All of these four scores add up to a general idea of what a team is like. If you don't score high at activity, well, what is your team doing? If you don't score high at deadliness, then you're not doing runs or having players that care for anything related to fighting AI. And if you don't score high at experience, your team is obviously not progressing in levelling their members.

So as far as I can see, scoring high at a few of the scores actually does show relevance to understanding what a team is like. Where you got the word "power" from I have no idea, but none of these really measure power. They are merely values measuring different indicators which can be used to compare teams with each other.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:26 pm
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: CLXXXIII
Level: 6059

andezrhode2a wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:
andezrhode2a wrote:

I'll try not to come off as arrogant when writing this, but I seem to struggle a bit with your comment. Let me give an example.

Quote:
Activity: Activity points are awarded for being online, chatting, killing AI, scooping debris and warping between galaxies. This score decays over time.

Loyalty: Loyalty points are built up over time from activity points. When a member leaves, the team loses a fraction of its loyalty points. This score decays over time.

Deadliness: Accumulated levels of AI killed by team members. Kills from a userbase or permanent drone do not count. This score decays over time.

Experience: One point is gained every time a team member levels up. This score decays over time.

All of these four scores add up to a general idea of what a team is like. If you don't score high at activity, well, what is your team doing? If you don't score high at deadliness, then you're not doing runs or having players that care for anything related to fighting AI. And if you don't score high at experience, your team is obviously not progressing in levelling their members.

So as far as I can see, scoring high at a few of the scores actually does show relevance to understanding what a team is like. Where you got the word "power" from I have no idea, but none of these really measure power. They are merely values measuring different indicators which can be used to compare teams with each other.

Activity ≠ go online with 10 multiaccounts at the same time.

You guys just abuse a flawed system that the game allows to make money the side effect is that you have nice scores...

Main target group of this game are lonely man in their 20-30 that like to pay more subs so they have a chance to compete with others.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:29 pm