over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Weekly Dev Meeting - August 26th
The funny thing is that was the one where we were BvBing RE. :lol:

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:24 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

Isn't healing drones getting a major change also with trans resis or something? i forget. Give us patch notes!

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:05 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

anilv wrote:
The funny thing is that was the one where we were BvBing RE. :lol:

That's why it was possible.

Markoz wrote:
Isn't healing drones getting a major change also with trans resis or something? i forget. Give us patch notes!

Yeah, iirc trans resists removed, but trans eff added (100%?)

Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:20 pm
Dev Team
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

Don't consider it official, but heres a sneakpeak at tonights patch notes.
Obviously they may change between now and the actual patch :P. those are just raw patch notes.

+ converted protoplasmica gates from key syncs to gate lock system
+ Giant asteroid spawner generation fix
* Commified credit values in mission messages to the player
* Removed Transference Resistance from the base drones and given them all 100% Transference Efficiency
* Added in new superitems to all player obtainable Kalthi ships, Divine Behemoth, Merchant Navy Contriver, Harrier and UrQa'qa Qu'ishi Qa.
+ Tweaked universe generation settings so subspaces won't be created to Perilous Perilous Space galaxies from Wild Space galaxies
* Removed erroneous newlines from fighter/missile error messages
* Fixed Super Intelligent's Critical Hit Rate bonus being multiplicative instead of additive
* Replaced display of GG in slave status with item durabilities
* Improved mining slave error checking and reporting
* Fixed a wrong mission requirement cost in some Junkyard missions
* Fixed a mistake in a Player Progress Mission
* Fixed an issue where UrQa'qa Qu'ishi was not randomized and bound to its layer
* Fixed special galaxies in Earthforce Space not having the same blueprint restriction as other Earthforce Galaxies
* Fixed High Prophet's lockout
* Given the Armada Ambrosia Drone the same treatment as the rest of the base healing drone series
* Given team exp tithe report in event chat a resolution of a thousandth of an XP
* Gave Attached Adonis, Argonaut, Ambrosia and Andaman Drones the same treatment as their non-attached versions
* Fixed an issue where f2p could not be attacked in wild space
* Fixed Auric Sector missions not being there.
+ Removed incorrect second starting galaxy for BluePhoton and Lyceum intro missions.
+ Removed the level 200 limit from The Plantarium and instead gave it F2P only PvP
* Increased emp's despawn time to match his respawn time (120hr, used to be 1hr)
* Set Cardinal Bellarmine's respawn time to 1day (from 20 minutes) as he's instanced
* Set the starting cash on Palace to 10m
* some tweaks to the mission text - adding in directions to instances, reminding players they'll need a planet scanner, cleanup of text.
* fixed some mission start and ends that had been commented out due to autocomplete. Players can now abandon and then restart autostart missions. I also made the autostart missions dialogs popup in the EFI arm of subspace.
* Gave the Palace sticky and cost free versions of Hydroponics and MRE Factory
+ Roaming Hermes will no longer roam into perilous perilous space.
+ Adding The Pilot Farm galaxy in staff quarters for the t21 capture the pilot missions.
+ Added a key mission to the Arena chain of t21 missions. All missions in the chain will need to be opened in order to open the key mission to get into the pilot farm. They key mission will be in the same base as the rest of the arena missions.
+ doubled the voltage and ampage spawners in EF layer so people trying to do strontium have a few more ai to kill. The additional spawners will not be aggro so low level players won't have trouble with the increased amount of ai. The experience and drops on the additional ai have been decreased.
+ added a custom wave dungeon for the guardian missions for t21 skills.
+ Electric Eel now has a custom DG in staff quarters.
+ T21 missions are no longer randomized. You can now do any one of them per day.
* Decayed item message cleanup
* The remove option in the trading bay now removes the item from the vending list (as does setting all the values in modify to 0)
+ changed the purple emperor's favor reward from tourmaline traveler -> topaz traveler to topaz traveler -> tourmaline traveler.
* Fixed Eridium Transdim Extension Blueprint DG drop
* Removed profanity from War Chant of Ares+ Augmenter Blueprint
+ T21 dailies increased to 3 day lockout, but randomization removed.
+ moved the instance holes in staff quarters to make more sense.
* Fixed a bug where you could equip drones to husks that aren't ships
* Multiple missions and items spelling fixes
+ added subspace enforcer for the prize at the end of the EF I subspace missions
* Replaced the aura on the Vazi'a with a less powerful version
* Fixed an issue where Micro Vacuum Scoop was listed twice in the drop tables, where one instance should have been the Mini Vacuum Scoop, so I added that
* Fixed some spawners jumping out of galaxies when they were not supposed to (I'm looking at you Space Rat Broodmother!)
* Individual wild slave balance. This only affects Green Battleship, Multifiring Bigger Green and Qokuji'qi. This does not affect the AI itself, but when captured as a wild slave they will have the following nerfs: Green Battleship has 50% lower resistances and 20% lower range. Multifiring Bigger Green have 50% lower resistances and 30% lower damage. Qokuji'qi have 20% lower resistances.
* Fixed a bug where items built by blueprints would get their values calculated incorrectly if the blueprint made multiples of them

Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:05 pm
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Jey123456 wrote:
+ Giant asteroid spawner generation fix

Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:10 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Jey123456 wrote:
+ T21 missions are no longer randomized. You can now do any one of them per day.

+ T21 dailies increased to 3 day lockout, but randomization removed.

Clarification; does this mean you can only do one mission every three days, or that you get a lockout from that specific mission for three days?

Because if this is a hard lockout from all missions for 3 days then you are replacing a problem with an even bigger problem. The problem was that unless you spent hours a day on dailies that should take maybe a half hour it would still take a month and some change to get t21 skills from the dailies. If there is a hard 3 day lockout, then now there is only the potential for ~2.5 t21 skills per month.

I suggested the custom DGs to basically make the random daily mission a feasible system but if people can only do one Olympus daily every 3 days you have just taken a bad system that could have been fixed and made it completely fucking terrible.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:23 pm
Dev Team

i can't say with 100% certainty a content dev could give you a better answer. But looking at the changes in the files, it seem each have their own individual lockout.

So you cant do the same one every day, but you could do 3 different at a rate of one per day (or however often you can do the mission).

Basically the random was removed, but the "average" speed at which you could do it was unchanged. It merely now is reliable instead of random.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:32 pm

Jey123456 wrote:
i can't say with 100% certainty a content dev could give you a better answer. But looking at the changes in the files, it seem each have their own individual lockout.

So you cant do the same one every day, but you could do 3 different at a rate of one per day (or however often you can do the mission).

Basically the random was removed, but the "average" speed at which you could do it was unchanged. It merely now is reliable instead of random.

Awesome, as long as it isn't 10 shards per three days it will be a positive change as the primary issue now is the infrequency of open Olympus runs slowing players down. A three day lockout for each individual mission (So Hermes Intel on Monday, Guardians on Tuesday, and Pilots on Wednesday) is actually a very good idea in my opinion, because otherwise people would only ever run Hermes Intel.

So provided it's one mission a day, with a three day lockout on that specific mission, then it's an awesome change.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:56 pm
Dev Team
Main: Col Legno
Level: 1000

Yeah you can do one mission per day, but you can only do the SAME mission every three days. There was a forum discussion about this at some point and it was part of one of the dev blogs a few weeks ago - got some discussion in dev notes at that point too I think. Seemed like people liked the idea of the t21 missions revamps.

Also part of that discussion and revamp: the t21 missions all have matching instances now. So instead of hunting for roaming oly ai for the guardian missions, they have their own wave spawner instance. Or if you'd rather keep hunting them out in the wild, they're still out there. Either way is available.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:23 pm
Team: Traders
Main: InFamous
Level: 1881

50% resistance drop and 20% dmg drop will do absolutely nothing to the mf biggers..... please re adjust these values, to be honest they'd still be ~OP if you did -75% resists and -50% damage......... i suggest re thinking this Nerf to something more appropriate. i personally would suggest making combat and wild slaves use the same slots, however... add more combat slots to the adv skill, say 4 to 20 or something... at least that way people can sink money into more CS and get a little result... i mean mf bigger vs 1 end game cs atm is almost no comparison.. and bigger is free... make wiild and combat use same slots, but increase the possible CS slots by 50% and I'm sure it will be all good ;)

Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:35 pm

-Camo5- wrote:
50% resistance drop and 20% dmg drop will do absolutely nothing to the mf biggers..... please re adjust these values, to be honest they'd still be ~OP if you did -75% resists and -50% damage......... i suggest re thinking this Nerf to something more appropriate. i personally would suggest making combat and wild slaves use the same slots, however... add more combat slots to the adv skill, say 4 to 20 or something... at least that way people can sink money into more CS and get a little result... i mean mf bigger vs 1 end game cs atm is almost no comparison.. and bigger is free... make wiild and combat use same slots, but increase the possible CS slots by 50% and I'm sure it will be all good ;)

50% resist drop is actually huge with the 20% damage drop. Yeah, FC will still be able to DG, and they should be so there's no problem there. However, ubers and AoE effects will eat BGs alive now. That seems to be a pretty acceptable trade off to me.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:43 pm
Dev Team

cleaned up patch notes are now available.
http://www.starsonata.com/patch_notes/s ... 8-27-2015/

Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:44 pm