Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Post Re: Server Patch 08.27.2015
Noodles wrote:
I like the changes to the t21 skill missions. But why why why make a 3 day lockout for the dailies? We can't really call them dailies anymore now huh :lol:

You can still do a mission every day. You just can't do the SAME daily twice in a row

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:20 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Noodles wrote:
I like the changes to the t21 skill missions. But why why why make a 3 day lockout for the dailies? We can't really call them dailies anymore now huh :lol:

You can, just not the same one every day (I think).

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:31 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

sabre198 wrote:
Seriously why did you do that to sup int? It was hard enough as it is to get up to 50% crit without augs. Who asked for it? Who complained about it? I thought mods on items are always multiplicative e.g evil etc

That's a dick move completely it's taken me forever to assmble sup int gear. Fu

This is the exact change I made (with a slight bit of cleaning up):
Quote:
if (modFlags & MOD_SUPERINTELLIGENT)
{
pHusk->m_fExperience *= (1 + .02 * ModPowerAdjustment() * Quantity());
- pHusk->m_CriticalPercent *= (1 + (0.01 + (0.001 * Tech())) * Quantity());
+pHusk->m_CriticalPercent += 0.01 + (0.001 * Tech()) * Quantity();
}

yclepticon requested I done it. We could always make it multiplicative again, but that would incur a nerf on it.

Also, good job on bringing that up, because I noticed a bug.

The new line should like this:
Code:
pHusk->m_CriticalPercent += (0.01 + (0.001 * Tech())) * Quantity();

Giving the proper bonus for multiple items (like it did before). Committed a fix for that just now. Could probably sneak that in at uni reset (need to ask Jey).

Support

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:43 am
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Quote:
* Individual wild slave balance. This only affects Green Battleship, Multifiring Bigger Green and Qokuji’qi. This does not affect the AI itself, but when captured as a wild slave they will have the following nerfs: Green Battleship has 50% lower resistances and 20% lower range. Multifiring Bigger Green have 50% lower resistances and 30% lower damage. Qokuji’qi have 20% lower resistances.

Every FC saw this nerf coming, but what happened to the grand idea a dev posted in suggestions a long time ago about simply tweaking the number of slots wild slaves take? That way instead of needing to adjust the dmg, resistance, range, shields, etc stats on every single wild slave to make sure some arent too powerful while trying to buff most others which are way too weak, you would just adjust the slots they take accordingly. That way MFBGs stay powerful but you can only have 2 or 3 of them etc. Other rather useless wild slaves have more purpose then though..

I can't find the post now, but will keep looking, but I thought that was the direction devs were going for this. Or is this still the plan and this is just an in-between measure?

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:48 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

So Yclep feels the player base are critting too often due to sup Intel gear? Be nice to hear his take on this change

Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

UrQa'qa Qu'ishi Qa + Inbuilt Supermissile

Wrathful Commander

Last edited by Masterful on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:18 am
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

sabre198 wrote:
So Yclep feels the player base are critting too often due to sup Intel gear? Be nice to hear his take on this change

Hello. Yes, I do feel that crit chance has gotten inflated over the years. I could probably trace it back to the introduction of 30% CChance on Hibernation augmenter and then the release of Reaver augmenter shortly afterwards. Until that time, Snipers and Speed Demons were usually hovering around 30% total CChance in crit-based setups, and around 10% otherwise. Crits used to be a fun, occasional thing. Now NON-crits are the occasional thing. It dilutes the value of the mechanic.

So that's the philosophical reason for the change. The practical reason is that consistency is important in design. If you have stats that are implemented inconsistently, it leaves more uncertainty for the developer who comes after you and not only ends up with a horribly complicated system, but also increases the risk of balance issues down the road. Unlike most stats, CChance is additive across the board. That is, until it was introduced as a mod bonus. This change is improving the consistency of the implementation of CChance which I believe is a good reason in itself.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:18 am
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

dreadlordnaf wrote:
what happened to the grand idea a dev posted in suggestions a long time ago about simply tweaking the number of slots wild slaves take?

This was mainly done because it didn't require new code or code changes, it was possible to do for me as a content developer, as I don't do programming :)

It was also something we decided on quite a long time ago, so I can't recall the entire discussion we had in the developer team. But I can't seem to recall any major obstacles other than needing new code or code changes in order to change to a unique slot system for wild slaves.

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:19 am
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

The Vert wrote:
dreadlordnaf wrote:
what happened to the grand idea a dev posted in suggestions a long time ago about simply tweaking the number of slots wild slaves take?

This was mainly done because it didn't require new code or code changes, it was possible to do for me as a content developer, as I don't do programming :)

It was also something we decided on quite a long time ago, so I can't recall the entire discussion we had in the developer team. But I can't seem to recall any major obstacles other than needing new code or code changes in order to change to a unique slot system for wild slaves.

Any comments on how annoying wild slaves are to constantly re-cap, when only two or three types are effective? (Even with this change.) This is an issue I would like to see addressed before years of annoyance to all the FC's and the groups waiting for them.

Paladin,

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:44 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I think it's fine the way you did it Vert. I do agree that the useable variety in wild slaves is terrible :P

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:45 am
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

There are still some types that were supposed to be available, but I haven't had any help from our programmers in fixing the bugs that prevent them from being capturable, so that is my comment towards variety :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:00 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

I disagree with sup int change. As far as I know, all other passive mods are additive. Adjusting numbers would had been more elegant way in my opinion.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:24 am
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

Blue Dwarf wrote:
sabre198 wrote:
Seriously why did you do that to sup int? It was hard enough as it is to get up to 50% crit without augs. Who asked for it? Who complained about it? I thought mods on items are always multiplicative e.g evil etc

That's a dick move completely it's taken me forever to assmble sup int gear. Fu

This is the exact change I made (with a slight bit of cleaning up):
Quote:
if (modFlags & MOD_SUPERINTELLIGENT)
{
pHusk->m_fExperience *= (1 + .02 * ModPowerAdjustment() * Quantity());
- pHusk->m_CriticalPercent *= (1 + (0.01 + (0.001 * Tech())) * Quantity());
+pHusk->m_CriticalPercent += 0.01 + (0.001 * Tech()) * Quantity();
}

yclepticon requested I done it. We could always make it multiplicative again, but that would incur a nerf on it.

Also, good job on bringing that up, because I noticed a bug.

The new line should like this:
Code:
pHusk->m_CriticalPercent += (0.01 + (0.001 * Tech())) * Quantity();

Giving the proper bonus for multiple items (like it did before). Committed a fix for that just now. Could probably sneak that in at uni reset (need to ask Jey).

After doing some maths, it looks like some setups will actually get beefed in the end

Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:41 am
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: CLXXXIII
Level: 6059

20 % damage gone
unannounced changes like this make people quit a game after putting tons of HOURS into it.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:54 am
Main: GodSteel
Level: 3170

CLXXXIII wrote:
20 % damage gone
unannounced changes like this make people quit a game after putting tons of HOURS into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:04 am