Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

Post New base items replacements
As stated in an earlier blog, bases will no longer be able to equip items not marked as "base" starting at the next uni reset. This post is to make sure that we have covered all the bases when it comes to replacing a few items that were being used on bases and will no longer be allowed.

Overloaders - We have a new series of Adonis through Annihilator OLs that should cover a wide range of overloader needs. These are designed so that none are a direct upgrade from each other and each fills a OL niche. The BPs are available at Free Market.

Low level shield trans
- We've got Ares and Apollo base shield trans bps now available at all AI bases.

Angel, Artemis aug - The new Spirit base augs cover these roles at t12, as well as a couple new low level base augs. Also, as a note, the T12 spirit aug credit and prom costs are too high and will be drastically lowered in an upcoming patch.

Everlasting Ops Augs - There is a new line of BPs available to replace these, with slightly modified stats.

Items we are intentionally not making replacements for:
Tweaks - for various reasons, we don't consider these balanced on bases

Augs with resist stat - due to how these lengthen fights and interact with healing, resist all damage augs will no longer be available to bases. The resist aug line will however still be used to build some of the new base augs.

If we have missed any items, please reply and let us know!

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:57 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: New base items replacements
Where is Achilles Shield Transference Blueprint. XD

Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:07 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

ELITE wrote:

Currently, its in the drop table with the other Achilles gear bps. We'll probably be changing that soon though with the new BP pack items. We're leaning towards making all of the core base bps available from every ai base, though discussion on the full effects that would have is still ongoing.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:16 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

SI wrote:
ELITE wrote:

Currently, its in the drop table with the other Achilles gear bps. We'll probably be changing that soon though with the new BP pack items. We're leaning towards making all of the core base bps available from every ai base, though discussion on the full effects that would have is still ongoing.

Aright. I'll keep spam farming that DF and hopefully I see one before reset.

Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:13 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Seems Ryan forgot to add the Everlasting augmenter replacements.

The blueprints are in the Parthenon in The Acropolis, they're Station Mechanic's, Station Technician's and Station Engineer's Augmenters.

Support

Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:25 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

On the subject of those t12 spirit augs, I just cleared the jungle and got 1 crest. Might be worth either increasing their drop rate, or reducing the crest requirement to 1/2 or 1 per aug.

Edit: The old base OLs need a buff.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:29 pm