Post Star Sonata Episode VI: Return of the Blog
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/star-son ... -the-blog/

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:02 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: Star Sonata Episode VI: Return of the Blog
YEY ANNI PULSE

also rip t22 prawns

inb4 t22 zebucart

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:07 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Quote:
He’s also implemented a new kind of item like the station tech upgrades but for ships. Using this item will increase the tech level of your ship by one, however it’ll also limit your ship to the normal number of augmenters for that hull class (sorry, no T22, 4 aug Prawns for you). This can also be done multiple times to the same ship but it will get very costly.

I can't believe you're even considering this. This will break so many things I can't even begin to talk about how bad of an idea this is. If this gets in all balance is fucked and there's no way for you to unfuck it because it will be way too much work.

[02:12:14] Lemon: it only removes the balance sheets
[02:12:19] Lemon: from the game
[02:12:20] Lemon: ITS FINE

High tech augs on low tech ships are a TERRIBLE idea!!!

Looking at it from a non-endgame player I can see how this can be very fun for low - mid tier content so it might be viable to work with it up to Tech 20. However, after tech 20 the powercurve goes hard as a motherfucker (T22 ships are atleast 5 times better than T20 ships) so if these ship tech upgrades become available for T21 and T22 everything will get ultra fucked. You will be ruining your game.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Last edited by DarkSteel on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:16 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

heylo wrote:
Quote:
He’s also implemented a new kind of item like the station tech upgrades but for ships. Using this item will increase the tech level of your ship by one, however it’ll also limit your ship to the normal number of augmenters for that hull class (sorry, no T22, 4 aug Prawns for you). This can also be done multiple times to the same ship but it will get very costly.

I can't believe you're even considering this. This will break so many things I can't even begin to talk about how bad of an idea this is. If this gets in all balance is fucked and there's no way for you to unfuck it because it will be way too much work.

The ships are not low tech any more though, they're higher tech with all the ups and downs that come with it. (e.g. more slave slots required, more piloting, etc)

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:19 pm

There is no downside for a t22 PvP Panther :D.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:20 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

SI wrote:
heylo wrote:
Quote:

The ships are not low tech any more though, they're higher tech with all the ups and downs that come with it. (e.g. more slave slots required, more piloting, etc)

Ofcourse I took that into account. I'm talking about obvious things that will be completely broken. There's a reason why the Hybrid Panther has no inbuilt (T21 augs combined with the panther ambush will completely annihilate anything it touches). There's a reason Hybrid Lions have no Maul generators. There are reasons for all these things to not be higher tech and you're just throwing all the reasons out the window and pulling a full retard. Never, ever, go full retard.

If this goes in, the wise ones will rule the universe once more and completely shit on everything.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:24 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Yea tech upgrades for ship is going to be really broken, really really fun but really really broken. I wouldnt abuse it though (lol) it will just be fun to have my favorite ships be tech 22.

Quote:
On Saturday night, a large portion of your lost your progress on your Strontium-90 missions. This was due to a funky bug and was kind of intentional in the way you wouldn’t expect. The issue is unlikely to strike again and we’ll be fixing it so that Strontium-90 missions don’t forcibly abandon themselves. Apologies for inconveniences.

What exactly do you mean by this was intentional, dont tell me we cant hold onto our missions anymore for max xp gain...

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:50 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

I don't think it'd be as broken as many people think. There are some large issues that need to be looked at.

If we look at the comparison of T22 ships vs. T21. T22 ships had to be made much stronger in terms of stats so they could compete with T21 ships.

Prawns won't be upgraded to T22 since there's no viable augs that give the same power as current setups.

HMs can be upgraded to T22, but if you compare them with the Bhisajayu - you lose 5% shield regen, 20% crit % and 40% shield efficiency for extra resists. This gives a good tradeoff which a player can make. Same goes for Engineers, with losing out on bonuses on the Sam and KA/KAD for extra resists.

T22 Flamberge will essentially be a weakened version of the Voulge. Voulge will be a + version of it.

Capital ships is complicated. T22 RPW will be better than basically everything. Qu'ishi will need a decent buff to compensate. Also doesn't help that the Antu and KWC are complete trash in comparison to what a T22 RPW would be like. T22 PBF should be alright with 2 aug slots.

Freighters as trade slaves is going to be frustrating. T20 Emperor's Behemoth is better than a DF and only marginally worse than a DF+. RIP everyone who built DFs.

As for Zerkers, T22 PW+ is similar to a KAW. These two are harder to split. T22 Lion can't even get close.

LFs will be fun. T22 Panther will have very little hull. Especially with MF SDs these days fitting everything is going to be a headache.

So, I don't think there's that many problems that need to be addressed.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:04 pm

T20 Crawl Wyrm, lincin slaves.

T22 Sing Sphere

T22 AWC/ArgH

T22 Panther

T20 Emp Behe

T21 Absentis

T18 Levi+s

T22 Unt Fwing

T20 Unforge

T22 Pwave

T22 Death Striker

T22 RPW/RPC

T22 Lion

T20 Valentine

T20 Massif IIIs

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:14 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

I honestly don't see a huge problem with the Emp Behes, if the main argument is that they make good trade slaves, then it's kind of balanced on the fact that only Eng and Monk can use it. So unless you have 3-5 accounts full of Engineer and Monk MFMs then your DFs are still useful, and as Masterful already said the DF+ is still superior.

Besides that though, yes, there are problems created by this.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:16 pm

ShawnMcCall wrote:
I honestly don't see a huge problem with the Emp Behes, if the main argument is that they make good trade slaves, then it's kind of balanced on the fact that only Eng and Monk can use it. So unless you have 3-5 accounts full of Engineer and Monk MFMs then your DFs are still useful, and as Masterful already said the DF+ is still superior.

Reclass to Support, undock slaves, reclass to whatever else you want.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:20 pm

ELITE wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

Pretty sure MFM bonuses for slaves are stripped on reset, and don't come back until the ship is docked/undocked though. I could be wrong.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:23 pm

ShawnMcCall wrote:
ELITE wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

Pretty sure MFM bonuses for slaves are stripped on reset, and don't come back until the ship is docked/undocked though. I could be wrong.

You are. FM skills update across your possessions as you train them.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:26 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

ELITE wrote:
T20 Crawl Wyrm, lincin slaves.
LF, low resists. Hardly any hull.

T22 Sing Sphere
MNC is better

T22 AWC/ArgH
This is an issue.

T22 Panther
No hull.

T20 Emp Behe
Minor issue.

T21 Absentis
It's not gonna replace the prawn.

T18 Levi+s
Not that big an issue.

T22 Unt Fwing
What? As a travelship.

T20 Unforge
1 aug slot industrial freighter. No issue.

T22 Pwave
Similar to KAW.

T22 Death Striker
No hull.

T22 RPW/RPC
RPW is the only issue.

T22 Lion
Not an issue.

T20 Valentine
Not an issue.

T20 Massif IIIs
Not an issue.

Only 2 major issues are the RPW and ArgH/Ares.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:30 pm

ELITE wrote:

You are. FM skills update across your possessions as you train them.

Fuck I have been docking and undocking slaves pointlessly for years :(

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:31 pm