Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Post Re: Star Sonata Episode VI: Return of the Blog
redalert150 wrote:
Quote:
On Saturday night, a large portion of your lost your progress on your Strontium-90 missions. This was due to a funky bug and was kind of intentional in the way you wouldn’t expect. The issue is unlikely to strike again and we’ll be fixing it so that Strontium-90 missions don’t forcibly abandon themselves. Apologies for inconveniences.

What exactly do you mean by this was intentional, dont tell me we cant hold onto our missions anymore for max xp gain...

The bug boils down to this: the time when you started a resetting mission wasn't saved anywhere, and the start time would be set to the server start time on server starts.

Strontium-90 missions use the same system as the Olympus dailies, just Strontium-90's missions have a 3 week reset whereas Olympus dailies reset daily.

The server rarely hits 3 weeks of continuous uptime, but it did on Saturday so the missions expired and reset, just like if you leave the Olympus dailies for 24 hours.

We'll be making it so that the Strontium-90 missions don't forcibly abandon themselves if you take too long and instead make them work how they do when our server does manage three weeks of up time.

Support

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:31 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

lol you guys have no faith in your game. "It'll never hit 3 weeks!" :lol:

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:35 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

redalert150 wrote:
lol you guys have no faith in your game. "It'll never hit 3 weeks!" :lol:

I think it was always meant to be a you have 3 weeks to do this sort of thing, but then it never hit 3 weeks so it became an understood you have forever to do these missions at your leisure by the time we found out the timer exists.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:43 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Good ideas , maybe we'll see the panther pvp mob come back to the game and bring some life

Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:58 am
Profile WWW
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I've had a look through the wiki and these are my findings for things that will be obviously borked:

Speed Demons / Seers
1. Panthers (Panther Ambush is simply too strong with better augs)
2. Argh/AWC

Zerker:
1. Pos wave (as strong as KAW if not stronger and definitly better than subhattas)
2. Just gonna go ahead and list this here: Unforge combined with high tech resist augs this can become a monster in any B/PvB.

Engineer:
1. Testudo line (not better than samgras or KADs but very powerful nonetheless)

Shield Monkeys:
1. Assault Behemoth+ (This ship will be really pretty insane with T22 augs. The inbuilt mods it gets are ridiculously strong and the inbuilt trans resist it has will make up for the lack of inbuilt shield regen)
2. Heph Machines (I get the feeling these will be better than botht he bhisaj and the KWD even with 3 augs)

Gunner:
1. RPW (nearly as good if not better than the bana king)

Fleet Commander:
1. Zeus Throne

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:19 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

heylo wrote:
I've had a look through the wiki and these are my findings for things that will be obviously borked:

Speed Demons / Seers
1. Panthers (Panther Ambush is simply too strong with better augs)
2. Argh/AWC
Agree with these. Panther is rather limiting on hull though, so there is that. Raj/Vaco/Harrier/KWS/KAS will need buffs to compensate.

Zerker:
1. Pos wave (as strong as KAW if not stronger and definitly better than subhattas)
KAW still has more bank and loads more heat resists. Since so much content does heat damage it might be more limited.
2. Just gonna go ahead and list this here: Unforge combined with high tech resist augs this can become a monster in any B/PvB.
Shoot it with heat. That 1 aug slot isn't going to make it survive for an extra half second.

Engineer:
1. Testudo line (not better than samgras or KADs but very powerful nonetheless)

Shield Monkeys:
1. Assault Behemoth+ (This ship will be really pretty insane with T22 augs. The inbuilt mods it gets are ridiculously strong and the inbuilt trans resist it has will make up for the lack of inbuilt shield regen)
Forgot about this. Will be overpowered.
2. Heph Machines (I get the feeling these will be better than botht he bhisaj and the KWD even with 3 augs)
Bhisaj has a lot of better bonuses. Speed, HPS, hull, inbuilts. You're trading all that for extra resists.

Gunner:
1. RPW (nearly as good if not better than the bana king)
Yeah, it's better.

Fleet Commander:
1. Zeus Throne
Don't see this getting used as much as the Vazi. It's definitely better than the KAC, though.
My thoughts.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:39 am
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

I hope the aug slot thing doesn't give any ship more augs. That would absolutely break some ships that have 1 aug in return for high natural bonuses.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:53 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Xonok2 wrote:
I hope the aug slot thing doesn't give any ship more augs. That would absolutely break some ships that have 1 aug in return for high natural bonuses.

The ones that immediately pop into mind are the Heaven's Descent getting +2 augs, Ancient Scout getting +2 augs, Super Phunka getting +2 augs, and the Zebu Titan getting +1 aug.

Don't know how overpowered they have the potential to be though.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:21 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Quote:
The synchronized lockout system is done and is has been setup for the Serengeti for next patch, before being pushed out to more bosses. Instead of being locked out for so many days, the lockouts from the new system will reset together at a set time resulting in less coordination required between teammates and friends as your lockout cycles are always synchronized.

This is going to be amazing, specially for things like oly and subspace. All chat will be such a friendly place! Those days will most likely see a spike in activity. Wooooooo!

Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:27 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Ships won't gain aug slots.

Support

Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:32 am
Main: Fly fast kill hard
Level: 4561

Ship upgrades is simply the dumbest idea after release of C2.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:33 am
Main: Isaiah
Level: 7005

I do not like the sound of ship upgrades. Sounds like a lot more trouble than it's worth.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:38 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Panther wouldn't as OP as people think. Panther ambush is 100% dmg. Perilous Strength is +80% dmg.

Pax Levitas looks cool at t22.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:44 am
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

Those ship upgrades needs more thought. Just flat + 1 tech and max aug slot will not do it. It will break the game more then the prawn and HM did (just look how much improvements t22 needed because of those).

Give a negative effect with each upgrade. Tech bound (-1% per tech for several stats (damage, RoF, range, shield, energy etc.), or ship class bound (HF -10% damage, +10% elec temp, LF +10% vis, -10% RoF) to balance things out.

Or another idea, give every ship it's own new negative stats (prawn take away the damage, HM +15% shield regen instead of 25%).

Ask the players if the new idea is balanced, we are also here to improve the game, don't let us destroy the game!

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:57 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

redalert150 wrote:
Quote:
The synchronized lockout system is done and is has been setup for the Serengeti for next patch, before being pushed out to more bosses. Instead of being locked out for so many days, the lockouts from the new system will reset together at a set time resulting in less coordination required between teammates and friends as your lockout cycles are always synchronized.

This is going to be amazing, specially for things like oly and subspace. All chat will be such a friendly place! Those days will most likely see a spike in activity. Wooooooo!

Yup! I'm hoping it'll make it easier to find groups with everyone resetting at the same time. We're doing just Serengeti UZ first, just in case there are any issues that need to be worked out (either bugs, or issues that arise from the design) before rolling it out to all of the other instanced content.

As for the ship tech upgrade uproar, I think we'll have to mark specific ships as non-upgrade (unforge being the perfect example). I'll have to discuss this with the rest of the team though, thank you for your input everyone.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:48 am