Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Post Re: Industrial Commodities System
aw :(

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:13 pm
Team: Relentless Community
Main: SinsOfOurFathers
Level: 6063

I don't even play SS anymore have not for years now. Does everyone not see the point of this? Its to nerf the massive amount of credits being brought into the game via Y's. There will be a limit the ai bases can buy. It will be like all those years ago with the commond's between absolution and shadow or when you could sell CM in lunacy and i wont say names got butt hurt and removed it when he found out someone made a ass load off it. Your being sold this idea without being told the true nature of it. How about a total reset then if the admins are unhappy with how the system has worked?

You can remove the Y's now but the damage is still done. The rich are richer the new people stand no chance and that's how ss will always be until something major gives or SS dies off once and for all. Its sad how Jeff has let ss turn into the pile of shit it is now. I only troll in hopes that one day it will return to the great game it once was.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:59 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Dragontvb wrote:
I don't even play SS anymore have not for years now.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:26 pm
Main: Talvanen
Level: 4470

anilv wrote:
Dragontvb wrote:

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:25 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Talvanen wrote:
anilv wrote:
Dragontvb wrote:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:30 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Talvanen wrote:
anilv wrote:
Dragontvb wrote:

Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:00 am
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

Dragontvb wrote:
Your being sold this idea without being told the true nature of it. How about a total reset then if the admins are unhappy with how the system has worked?

Pretty sure they told us exactly the nature of it in their dev blog:
Dev Blog wrote:
AI bases will consume their supply of commodities over time in order to balance the total number of credits created per day.

Credit sinks exist, and this is a step in the right direction. Is a space trading game after all~ I am excited.

Also you might be interested in this suggestion by Lemon : http://forum.starsonata.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61510

Paladin,

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:08 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

not one of the "let's reset" mob have an answer for the T+1 bug conundrum so they can stfu

Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:20 am
Profile WWW
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

sabre198 wrote:
not one of the "let's reset" mob have an answer for the T+1 bug conundrum so they can stfu

What

Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:31 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

if we reset the whole game now whats to stop a credits bug the week after? then what do you do reset again?

Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:30 am
Profile WWW
Main: king kone
Level: 37

No. Assuming the bug is not relatively easy to fix or notice, you let it exist. If fixing a "bug" results in the loss of players, maybe a considerable percentage, then the solution is to not actually fix it, and ignore it. The other path would have been to punish half the playerbase for their inevitable abuse due to how long it takes for the admins to actually notice the abuse. It's a sad truth, but the alternative is so much worse.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:43 am
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

People are asking what bug, because they dont know what you are referring to.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:11 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

sabre198 wrote:

Qouted for Clarity.

You wanna know how you deal with bugs that give people unfair advantages? You ban people who exploit immediately and don't let anyone have any mercy.

When someone reports a bug, you consistently reward those who report game breaking bugs after they are fixed instead of arbitrarily deciding not to give out rewards.

You stay consistent. When something is being chronically abused you disable it ASAP until you've fixed it. You don't let it continue to be abused.

What you need to realize is that when these game breaking bugs were being exploited 6+ years ago, they didn't have the tools to properly deal with them nor the experience necessary. So what happened is that exploits had a cumulative effect that is now impossible to discern from the actual progress of the game.

Does anyone know how many Prawns were built from prawn pieces back when they dropped like candy due to a bug? Now get this:

Even if those Prawns aren't in game anymore due to people quitting with them... They were still used to complete content and destroy other people's creations in BvB. Even if an exploit doesn't exist, it still had ripple effects on a game. The first exploit in this game probably didn't hurt the game very much, but every subsequent exploit causes further compounding problems if they aren't addressed or Incorporated in a way in which everyone has the opportunity to benefit from them.

So no, you don't need to reset the game again if people exploit after the game is wiped. Because now the admins have tools they can use to mitigate the effect of said exploits.

Were any of you around more than 8+ years ago when there were a group of people purposefully causing the server to roll back as their own personal redo button whenever they felt like it? Or how about when zwi and co were credit duping and doing a ton of other shady shit? The problem wasn't that they exploited one time. Or ten times, the problem was that they kept exploiting over and over and it had compounding effects.

There are people to this very day who directly benefited years ago from one or more friend or teammates who exploited and they have NO IDEA that they are where they are today in part due to exploits. When people bought duped items or sold things to other people for massive amounts if duped creds they had no idea they were spreading the effects of exploits. This is why I've argued that the seasonal server idea Lemon posted in Suggestions would be even more superior than the base game. It effectively nips the cumulative effect of exploits problem in the bud.

Last edited by MasterTrader on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:45 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

MasterTrader wrote:
QQ

Ok, but that has little to do with the current thread, seeing as selling Extension Y's isn't considered a bug by the admins (I position I support considering that it's comparable at best with colonies).

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:07 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: TranquilityX
Level: 1796

I'm literally going out of my way to kill everyone's slaves to maximize my profit. This should be fun.

(Idea seems too complicated imo, I can see you implementing it, people finding retarded loopholes and then abusing it while you attempt to keep it alive and make little fixes over 5 years time. The market requires large sums of money to keep up-to-date and with this new system, alot of players are now going to have --- so it seems, much less cash.)

TranquilityX | TranquilityY | TranquilityZ | ForsakenX | ForsakenY | ForsakenZ | DreamX | DreamY | DreamZ | EternalX | EternalY | EternalZ | AltX | AltY | AltZ | BlackX | BlackY | BlackZ | GodX | GodY | GodZ |

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:45 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next