Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Post Re: Industrial Commodities System
MasterTrader wrote:
QQ

Yep.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:59 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

anilv wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
QQ

Ok, but that has little to do with the current thread, seeing as selling Extension Y's isn't considered a bug by the admins (I position I support considering that it's comparable at best with colonies).

I agree with both of you :)

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:30 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Extension Ys are the most efficient source of passive income in terms of effort / value ratio as long as you have a handy way to sell them to AI base. They are bad for their base slots / value ratio. They also have additional benefit of requiring less gals to defend if you go for combination of both colonies and ext Ys.

This change does not sound like a nerf at all. If all 35 bases are buying steel girders at their base price, game is generating 105b credits daily. And that's with just one type of new industry commodity. This change will make metal production harder than it was before but I feel there is much more potential if you spend some time managing your infrastructure.

This change will add immersion to the game. That's the strongest point of this change in my humble opinion. Newer players can get their slice of the cake if they spend some time looking at /mc. Just like how I used to buy and sell prom between AI bases back in 2006 in order to buy Bule Insanity and other similar items.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:51 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Totally agree on that me and xii-returns used to love running prom to make money for our hestias but there wasn't a next stage up of prom running. This at least adds more to this aspect of the game that was definitely enjoyable early on.

Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:33 am
Profile WWW
Contributor

Antilzah wrote:
Extension Ys are the most efficient source of passive income in terms of effort / value ratio as long as you have a handy way to sell them to AI base. They are bad for their base slots / value ratio. They also have additional benefit of requiring less gals to defend if you go for combination of both colonies and ext Ys.

This change does not sound like a nerf at all. If all 35 bases are buying steel girders at their base price, game is generating 105b credits daily. And that's with just one type of new industry commodity. This change will make metal production harder than it was before but I feel there is much more potential if you spend some time managing your infrastructure.

This change will add immersion to the game. That's the strongest point of this change in my humble opinion. Newer players can get their slice of the cake if they spend some time looking at /mc. Just like how I used to buy and sell prom between AI bases back in 2006 in order to buy Bule Insanity and other similar items.

This. Although, I don't 100% agree with Ys being easier to setup. It's true on a certain lower scale but when you go above 20 metal kits the logistic part of it requires a shitton of micromanagement to set up if you have a limited amount of slave power. I'm pretty sure setting up <10 colos (pretty sure those yield atleast asmuch, if not more income) will take a lot less time and you don't even need mfm slaves at that point.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:33 am
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

I feel like the decay rate should have a flat component and something linked to the current inventory as well, just to smooth over the AI bases where everyone's trying to sell. Or just one person is trying to sell and they can't agro bases anymore :lol:

Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:08 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Or we could get the aggro galaxy function back, since we removed all ability to blockade any sort of content with bases. WTB KILL ZONES

Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:18 am
Team: Reddit Space Invaders
Main: Charlie
Level: 5004

if the winning strategy is to cheat, then the winner is made a cheater.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:21 am
Contributor
Main: Dokimastis
Level: 3169

ELITE wrote:
Or we could get the aggro galaxy function back, since we removed all ability to blockade any sort of content with bases. WTB KILL ZONES

There has been some talk about aggro'ing bases again. We'll see how things go.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:55 am
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: CLXXXIII
Level: 6059

Great idea hope it comes sooner than steam :D

PS: i like it

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:58 pm
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

aggro bases coming back would be amazing! might add a slight sense of risk to traveling wildspace(although im sure some silly people would setup kits just to annoy people)

Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:09 am
Contributor

Aggroing should only be allowed in galaxies owned by that team and it should cost a decent amount to keep people from randomly aggroing their stuff all over the place.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:49 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

I dont get what the point of being able to aggro bases would be? I mean it would be fun and hilarious, but just seems like a way to grief players for no reason.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:03 am
Contributor

redalert150 wrote:
I dont get what the point of being able to aggro bases would be? I mean it would be fun and hilarious, but just seems like a way to grief players for no reason.

Block AI bases to other people so they cant sell their industrial commods there.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:32 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

heylo wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

Block AI bases to other people so they cant sell their industrial commods there.

ohhh okay.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:08 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next