Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Post Re: Industrial Commodities System
yclepticon wrote:
kwilson wrote:
Will the different space layers affect the AI base consumption of these new commodities? If so, how?

At this time, only the AI bases in Wild Space will deal in the new commodities. However, AI bases in lower DF will consume a bit faster than AI bases in warp 3, to reward players a bit for shipping out of team space.

Buying actual values so I can start mathing...... :roll:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:08 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

heylo wrote:
yclepticon wrote:
kwilson wrote:
Will the different space layers affect the AI base consumption of these new commodities? If so, how?

At this time, only the AI bases in Wild Space will deal in the new commodities. However, AI bases in lower DF will consume a bit faster than AI bases in warp 3, to reward players a bit for shipping out of team space.

#JustMathPeopleNeeds

Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:31 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

heylo wrote:
yclepticon wrote:
kwilson wrote:

Goodbye trils hello bills

Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

This seems cool, will most likely encourage more people to start building, so might have to do the numbers again once it goes live to balance it again. Only thing with this, its seems like a rich gets richer type of thing. I wish this would be something that would benefit the newbys a lot more then a person with say 25 SS in storage with more commods then he knows what to do with. I do love the idea though.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:52 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

redalert150 wrote:
This seems cool, will most likely encourage more people to start building, so might have to do the numbers again once it goes live to balance it again. Only thing with this, its seems like a rich gets richer type of thing. I wish this would be something that would benefit the newbys a lot more then a person with say 25 SS in storage with more commods then he knows what to do with. I do love the idea though.

Well even that 25 ss player can only sell so many commods per day. And if you make too many, they decay on reset.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:58 pm
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

There will be a maximum amount can be earnt per team space per day. You just have to make sure you kill off the noobs of the teams TS and scoop their black boxes so you can hog it all :)

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:04 pm
Profile WWW

ELITE wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

Well even that 25 ss player can only sell so many commods per day. And if you make too many, they decay on reset.

Wait what decays on reset :?:

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:16 pm
Main: kwilson
Level: 5328

redalert150 wrote:
Wait what decays on reset

The 7 newly invented (Themed) manufactured commodities decay on reset.

However, manufactured commodities will not carry over between resets, so don’t bother storing them up!

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:18 pm

Metals, Nuclear Waste, Silicon, and Space Oats dont decay though.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:30 pm

redalert150 wrote:
Metals, Nuclear Waste, Silicon, and Space Oats dont decay though.

Yea, please store 1b mets each uni to make girders with.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:35 pm
Main: Joshua102
Level: 14714

The whole idea is pretty interesting but rip station Y MBs. :( While these new commodities are being made perhaps these new commodities can be used in some types of builds. Maybe you could build something that would make an ai base "use" them faster so you can sell more. Another idea is something that can make it where if a team owns a gal only they can sell there or sell 50-75% of the amount it buys. Perhaps the team which has emp can get some percentage of the profits made from it (emp is a messed up system but thats another problem)

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:17 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

I can has question? Are you removing the Station Extension Ys from the AI base purchase listing, because it says nothing about that, but I am pretty sure people will just do both. The AI bases have limited consumption so any time you get ahead of the demand of the AI base you are selling to you don't have to reroute anything you just revert to Extension Ys/Adonis OLs until you start running low on the new commods again...

Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:22 am

ShawnMcCall wrote:
I can has question? Are you removing the Station Extension Ys from the AI base purchase listing, because it says nothing about that, but I am pretty sure people will just do both. The AI bases have limited consumption so any time you get ahead of the demand of the AI base you are selling to you don't have to reroute anything you just revert to Extension Ys/Adonis OLs until you start running low on the new commods again...

It says we will no longer be able to sell built items to ai bases any more.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:45 am
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

yclepticon wrote:
ELITE wrote:
There are roughly 200 AI bases in Wild Space, which will be split into 7 types. The four basic themes (Metals, Nuclear Waste, Silicon, and Space Oats) will have 35 bases each. The remaining three themes (Baobabs, Peasants, Promethium) will have 20 bases each. These numbers are all approximate but you get the idea.

You only mentioned wild bases. What about non-wild bases? If we get creative could we ship stuff to peri space or the far corners of EF space to sell?

If someone is able to do it (maybe manually), will there be ridiculous uber prices for shipping stuff to PPS?

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:17 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

yclepticon wrote:
kwilson wrote:

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:34 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next