Post Weekly Dev Meeting - 24th February
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/weekly-d ... -february/

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:08 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

Post Re: Weekly Dev Meeting - 24th February
Quote:
Ryan has been up to more odds and sods, fixing the Transference Power mod and the Colonial Administration skill description. Additionally he’s fixed station inventories not showing the asterisk for modded items and allowed users to search their inventories for specific mods. Lastly Ryan has been through our lower tech ruin items and adjusted how the prices and balance for a lot of them is calculated, the overall result should be that some items are a bit cheaper, some are more expensive, but they’re more powerful than they were before.

Omg yes! I love the idea of being able to search for specific mods, been wanting that for a while actually. Well done devs you get a double thumbs up from me.

- Chrono

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:18 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Quote:
Theodore’s work on bringing the unavailable imperial skills to the game is complete, although I have no time frame for when they’ll be on live for you to train.

Cool, so basically adding some skills for everyone who has exploited imp seals in storage something to do with them. This issue should be looked into before this is released.

Quote:
Additionally he’s fixed station inventories not showing the asterisk for modded items and allowed users to search their inventories for specific mods.

This is great! Thank you very much.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:19 pm
Main: kwilson
Level: 5328

Twitter?

Let's see... a year and a half between tweets....so we can expect another tweet sometime in August of 2017?

I think I will start following sometime in the summer of 2017 just to be ready! :)

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:21 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

Glad you like it! How it works "behind the scenes" is it searches a second string for the mods, in the format of [Composite][Forceful] in this example item. so if you type "force" you get all items with forceful mod AND all items with force in the name. You could type "[Forceful]" and just get the modded items, or even type "][" and get the double modded items.

Attachment:
modsearch.PNG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:23 pm
Dev Team
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

redalert150 wrote:
Cool, so basically adding some skills for everyone who has exploited imp seals in storage something to do with them. This issue should be looked into before this is released.

This is a non-issue because the new skills will not be trained using Imperial Skills. They are only referred to that way in the blog because they were created in the old days according to a similar pattern (5 levels of a small % bonus to a given stat).

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:30 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

yclepticon wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

This is a non-issue because the new skills will not be trained using Imperial Skills. They are only referred to that way in the blog because they were created in the old days according to a similar pattern (5 levels of a small % bonus to a given stat).

Are they just credit sinks or what? And can we change the old imp skills to not take imp seals either?

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:32 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

yclepticon wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

Awesome i was hoping this was the case. GG.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:37 pm
Dev Team
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

They are mainly commodity sinks. I will save the details for when they are closer to release (not sure when they will be patched in). And there are currently no plans to change the existing Imperial Skills. The new skills being put in are similar in format but are not related thematically.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:37 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Finally, my bindo'd shit will be easier to search through. Thank fucking adum.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:48 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Ryan wrote:
Lastly Ryan has been through our lower tech ruin items and adjusted how the prices and balance for a lot of them is calculated, the overall result should be that some items are a bit cheaper, some are more expensive, but they’re more powerful than they were before.

To clarify, the actual stats have changed on some of the ruins items? But only for "lower tech" ones? What is defined as "lower tech"? Im glad ruins are being looked at though.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:35 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

dreadlordnaf wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Lastly Ryan has been through our lower tech ruin items and adjusted how the prices and balance for a lot of them is calculated, the overall result should be that some items are a bit cheaper, some are more expensive, but they’re more powerful than they were before.

To clarify, the actual stats have changed on some of the ruins items? But only for "lower tech" ones? What is defined as "lower tech"? Im glad ruins are being looked at though.

The short story is that many ruin items were a lot worse than they should be due to the fact that their costs were set to much lower than their actual acquire costs in-game. Upping the cost the balance sheets considers them as gives a lot more "raw power" to the item that can be used towards various stats. This wasn't universally the case (most high tech items were correctly set) but most low tech items were very far off, and will see the biggest change on average.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:24 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Blame teh balance shits :) good work on the inventories

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:49 am
Profile WWW
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

ELITE wrote:
Finally, my bindo'd shit will be easier to search through. Thank fucking Ryan.

Fixed :P

Dev team is going hard. I love it, good work everyone.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:32 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Quote:
Pixel has been working more on our permanent drones and playing around with making some missions automatically start when you enter the galaxy. He’s also done even more UI improvements.

How about we just completely remove that instead, since it's really fucking annoying?

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:22 am