Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Do you like the system proposed in this post?
Poll ended at Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:31 pm
Yes 32%  32%  [ 16 ]
Yes, with some changes (reply and explain in your post) 54%  54%  [ 27 ]
No 12%  12%  [ 6 ]
Undecided 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 50

Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: Mini Design Blog: Cargo slots for loot
Wait, are items being turned into loot crates along with this idea? If thats so then 20 space seems a lot more reasonable :lol: Although i think 50-100 would be more sensible. People are Dging pretty quickly nowadays.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:16 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

I'm sorry, I overreacted.

It's basically the exact same thing as Lemon and I have been yapping about for the last month, except:

-- We already use a number system on our inventories. This is a slot system. Feels needlessly complicated from a player's perspective.

-- "Once you use or equip item, it will no longer be considered cargo". Would like to try some new loot I got in my setup to see if I like it. Whoops, no longer considered cargo! Now got to sell it at an AI base or slow boat back to home and get a bigger ship if I want to stick it in my shop. Inconvenient and or annoying.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:19 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

carterstrain wrote:
-- "Once you use or equip item, it will no longer be considered cargo". Would like to try some new loot I got in my setup to see if I like it. Whoops, no longer considered cargo! Now got to sell it at an AI base or slow boat back to home and get a bigger ship if I want to stick it in my shop. Inconvenient and or annoying.

Then you are no longer in the middle of a DG, and can just buy a bulk trader or whatever if you absolutely have to store it right there.

This change is mostly for classes that have trouble storing even a single DG's worth of loot.

Paladin,

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:40 pm

It feels needlessly complicated.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:00 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

I like the idea of losing cargo loot if you die to another player. Incentive to PvP and cargo space both in one single addition.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:09 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

In addition to cargo slots, you should have some cargo hullspace as well. To make things fair it could just be a flat value (possibly influenced by hull augs) as opposed to being based on a person's actual hullspace. This would allow for scooping some of the smaller but more numerous things like augmenters and random base blueprints and then you could have say 10 slots for the larger items.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:59 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

redalert150 wrote:
Wait, are items being turned into loot crates along with this idea? If thats so then 20 space seems a lot more reasonable :lol: Although i think 50-100 would be more sensible. People are Dging pretty quickly nowadays.

Cargo items just don't take up any space in the usual way. Each one takes 1/20 Cargo slot (or however many total slots you have).

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:37 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

20 seems low to me. I'd be filled up with augs, tweaks and blueprints in 5 minutes which would suck.

I'm just going to throw this out there: being able to increase your cargo space by paying credits (same way as TSL, the higher you go the more it costs).......

Or maybe even for SP, although that might be pay to win. I personally think it would fall into the category for pay for convenience just like aug resets and ship itemforming. In any case, even if it were to be obtainable by SP it should still be obtainable by credits.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Last edited by DarkSteel on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:19 am
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 4762

sabre198 wrote:
Make cargo hold items %chance to drop on pvp death

You'd need a way for people to uncargohold their items if they want then I think. The way it is now, you can still jury rig it so that more valuable items are not in cargo. Might as well eliminate the trouble.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:22 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

zhuang281 wrote:
sabre198 wrote:
Make cargo hold items %chance to drop on pvp death

You'd need a way for people to uncargohold their items if they want then I think. The way it is now, you can still jury rig it so that more valuable items are not in cargo. Might as well eliminate the trouble.

L2R
*Once you equip/use the item or transfer it to another ship, it will no longer be considered cargo.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:35 am
Profile WWW

heylo wrote:
20 seems low to me. I'd be filled up with augs, tweaks and blueprints in 5 minutes which would suck.

This.

That is why I keep saying give us a set hull based on the character's level. It feels good that we have one more thing that our level 3000 character has over our level 1500 (aka, incentive to level more) and even if you gave us 100 cargo slots, a lot of players like to scoop everything, which obviously can and will fill up a player's cargo within a single DG. Especially the lower levels where self destructors do not exist, but also at the higher levels where aug bps, augs, and stuff like dem/frags drop.

We already have something that is based off the character's level (Trade skills). Why not have more?

Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:11 am
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Believe this or not, I've already added some new super items for Recon Focus skill that will allow players in light fighters to get a temporary boost to their hull space. This is coming in the next universe. This can be acquired from Lyceum.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:20 am
Main: GodSteel
Level: 3170

20-30 item slots seems reasonable. I've got question though, do items in cargo stack?
Let's say I've scooped 20 energy globules from wattages,
do I have 1 cargo slot filled with 20 energy globules or 20 slots filled with 1 globules each?

And if former, what about larger items? Infinite number of Giga GNTs in one slot is out of question.

It would be reasonable for commods to stack to some point, maybe up to 20-50 commods per slot.
Furthermore little items (like for ex.Hazard Dissipators) could also stack a bit.

Update:
Now that someone mentioned all augmenter and bp drops, 20-30 seems a bit low. 30-50 slots would be better for fully developed character.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:22 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

I'm thinking more along the lines of 100-200 slots to start with. A single DG can easily drop 20-40 stacks of random crap. Tweaks, Commods, Augs, Blueprints, Random items, and then the actual boss loot.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:38 am
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

Pixel wrote:
Believe this or not, I've already added some new super items for Recon Focus skill that will allow players in light fighters to get a temporary boost to their hull space. This is coming in the next universe. This can be acquired from Lyceum.

And did you consider what this would do to a great many specific ship setups, which are fully functioning even when overhulled?

Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:40 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next