Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Post Re: Server/Client Patch 04.09.2016
Would make more sense if it just didn't charge and apply its bonuses when moving over 40 speed. Losing all ur ana cause you move a bit in 5 minutes time is a bit silly to me :P

Also, currently when you unequip it and switch target you lose all your ana on the primary target, which is quite annoying. Is it meant to be like this? Before the patch you'd be able to build ana on emp, then unequip it, switch targets and kill the guards, then switch to emp again and requip and you wouldn't lose your charge.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:44 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

heylo wrote:
Would make more sense if it just didn't charge and apply its bonuses when moving over 40 speed. Losing all ur ana cause you move a bit in 5 minutes time is a bit silly to me :P

Also, currently when you unequip it and switch target you lose all your ana on the primary target, which is quite annoying. Is it meant to be like this? Before the patch you'd be able to build ana on emp, then unequip it, switch targets and kill the guards, then switch to emp again and requip and you wouldn't lose your charge.

They said in the patch notes that they fixed it DS lol, meaning it wasn't supposed to be like that. :lol:

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:01 am
Main: ChikushodoPain
Level: 3616

MasterTrader wrote:
They said in the patch notes that they fixed it DS lol, meaning it wasn't supposed to be like that. :lol:

It's hard to make a difference between features & bugs sometimes, in Star Sonata.

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:06 am
Main: number666.5
Level: 8923

KonanCruss wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

It's hard to make a difference between features & bugs sometimes, in Star Sonata.

Aren't they the same?

Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:19 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Aridross
Level: 4150

lordjeroen wrote:
KonanCruss wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

Aren't they the same?

And the point is proven.

Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:21 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

45k silver is an absurd amount for for these skills? I dont think you guys took into account the effect these skills would have on the market for these once cheap items, that are used in several other builds. Perhaps the PPS prospectable commods would be better suited for these skills or you know, commods that we have an abundance of and nothing to do with, like bacta.

Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:03 pm
Contributor

redalert150 wrote:
45k silver is an absurd amount for for these skills? I dont think you guys took into account the effect these skills would have on the market for these once cheap items, that are used in several other builds. Perhaps the PPS prospectable commods would be better suited for these skills or you know, commods that we have an abundance of and nothing to do with, like bacta.

I kinda agree here, making the commods PPS commods from roaming/dungeon AI and prospect-able ones with a smattering of commods from Tiers 1, 2 and 3 make the most sense. You'll screw over lower level player advancement if you require too many commods from their areas.

Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:01 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

MasterTrader wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

I kinda agree here, making the commods PPS commods from roaming/dungeon AI and prospect-able ones with a smattering of commods from Tiers 1, 2 and 3 make the most sense. You'll screw over lower level player advancement if you require too many commods from their areas.

These are endgame optional skills with very marginal benefit. No one is complaining that Imp skills screw over low level player advancement. That's because they don't, even though it's a very long road to obtain them in any quantity.

I, for one, am glad that some of these super abundant commods now have a new sink.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:03 pm
Contributor

anilv wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

These are endgame optional skills with very marginal benefit. No one is complaining that Imp skills screw over low level player advancement. That's because they don't, even though it's a very long road to obtain them in any quantity.

I, for one, am glad that some of these super abundant commods now have a new sink.

Imp and Bar skills require nowhere near the amount of commodities the PPS skills do Enk. You've seen the requirements, right? You also know how many lower level blueprints require Silver, right?

Don't get me wrong, it'll be worthwhile for lower level players to sell Silver and other commods to higher level players. Maybe I'm being too paranoid, and don't know how much Silver/other commods there actually is in the game...

Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:07 pm
over 9000!

I'm OK with the costs going down a bit but I think it's misleading to focus on the cost of maxing any of these skills. It's not that costly to just pick up a level or two.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:39 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Kalthi skills are intended as commodity sinks.

Bar skills (past level 5) are intended to be credit sinks.

Why else would Kalthi skills have bigger requirements than Olympus Research Module build costs?

Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:00 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

I have no issue with commodity sinks at all, i actually love that idea. However, i dont think its such a great idea if its commodities that low level players need to progress earlier on in game. The market for all these commodities sky rocketed within in hours of the bps being found. Endgame players are going to aim to max out all the skills and are going to be willing to pay the absurds amounts to do it. So its hurting the noobys of the game.

Would be great if we could come up with a way that somehow all the noobys had stashes of the stuff we need, and not the end game players. But usually a end game player has x100 of whatever a nooby has :|

Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:26 pm
over 9000!

redalert150 wrote:
I have no issue with commodity sinks at all, i actually love that idea. However, i dont think its such a great idea if its commodities that low level players need to progress earlier on in game. The market for all these commodities sky rocketed within in hours of the bps being found. Endgame players are going to aim to max out all the skills and are going to be willing to pay the absurds amounts to do it. So its hurting the noobys of the game.

Would be great if we could come up with a way that somehow all the noobys had stashes of the stuff we need, and not the end game players. But usually a end game player has x100 of whatever a nooby has :|

Why exactly does a noob need Silver to progress?

Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:51 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

What commods does a low level player need in the kinds of quantities that they cant find some either via prospecting or finding an available planet/moon to extract from?

Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:00 am
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: CLXXXIII
Level: 6059

Pls dont change commods on the bps

i just invested tons of time into getting commods for this skills and would be really disapointed when you just change commods around. I dont care about if you lower the values but changeing the complete Bps after you released it would be a bitch move.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:24 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next