Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Post Re: Server/Client Patch 04.09.2016
This change makes midgame player progress easier more than anything. Scan some gals and build silver exe kits. Bam, easiest money in your life.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:26 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Yeh keep them bum squeakingly high as that will stimulate trade in those commods and trickle down nicely.
People are right always making new stuff the same old commods dem, diamonds etc etc try to bring up use of the lesser used ones e.g bacta

Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: ESBAS
Level: 4131

Theese BPs would be an exellent source of income for low level players and starting teams in wildspace, but do we really have any new player in the game? And more importantly new (non-multiclienting) P2Ps?

The only real problem with the bps are the crazy ammount of certain materials like 40k silver for one skill to 5 and 30 umbra per bp for 2 of the bps. While silver is easy to get, that ammount requires an entire unis worth of base extraction. Umbra on the otherhand is only available from prospecting and in very small ammounts, you are lucky to get 10 of them by prospecting the entire wildspace, and yes i did prospect the entire wildspace couple times, took only about 6h per run.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:21 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

ESBA wrote:
Theese BPs would be an exellent source of income for low level players and starting teams in wildspace, but do we really have any new player in the game? And more importantly new (non-multiclienting) P2Ps?

The only real problem with the bps are the crazy ammount of certain materials like 40k silver for one skill to 5 and 30 umbra per bp for 2 of the bps. While silver is easy to get, that ammount requires an entire unis worth of base extraction. Umbra on the otherhand is only available from prospecting and in very small ammounts, you are lucky to get 10 of them by prospecting the entire wildspace, and yes i did prospect the entire wildspace couple times, took only about 6h per run.

Auxilium wrote:
There won't be any major changes to what sorts of commods you need for certain skills. Theodore and I swapped a few around but mostly reduced the amount of T1 and T2 commods needed and increased the amount of T3 needed.

Hopefully that will put you at rest a bit CLX :wink:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:26 am

ESBA wrote:

well are you expecting to get level 5 in each skill two weeks after the patch? this is something that should take the average end game a few years (like bar skills)

Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:40 am
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Wat lol, bar skills take like 5 minutes

Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:06 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

It took a long time for people to get enough resources and money to get the stuff for Bar Skills... but that was because the game was new tbh...

Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:55 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

MasterTrader wrote:
It took a long time for people to get enough resources and money to get the stuff for Bar Skills... but that was because the game was new tbh...

They aren't that much raw materials, few hundred gold and some plat. You can prospect that in a few days, or mine it in Auric Sector.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:09 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

ELITE wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

They aren't that much raw materials, few hundred gold and some plat. You can prospect that in a few days, or mine it in Auric Sector.

I'm talking about 9-10+ years ago, my bad. I keep forgetting accessibility issues are not what they used to be.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:33 pm

ELITE wrote:
Wat lol, bar skills take like 5 minutes

I is nub I meant seal skills

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Brugle
Level: 4111

Quote:
* Reworked how mods are given to items, possible fluctuations in chances but all mods now have equal chance (they didn’t before).
Is it still possible to get more than one mod? I didn't test this a lot, just got a lot of single mods. Before it also felt like you often got more mods on shields, than other items. Did the change affect anything like this?

Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:03 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

andsimo wrote:
Quote:
* Reworked how mods are given to items, possible fluctuations in chances but all mods now have equal chance (they didn’t before).
Is it still possible to get more than one mod? I didn't test this a lot, just got a lot of single mods. Before it also felt like you often got more mods on shields, than other items. Did the change affect anything like this?

Yes, it's possible to get more than one (there was initially a slight confusion between me and yclept on how it should work, but that's now been fixed).

Before it was quite possible to get more mods on shields than other items, since it relied on the number of mods the item could take. yclepticon didn't really run any numbers on it, because, and I quote "this is the dumbest ass code".

Support

Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:30 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Brugle
Level: 4111

Sounds very familiar, wonder if that is the initial reaction of most people until they understand the code. Just had the same happen to me at work, although in excel. And to be honest, I have done the same. The important part is to learn to be patient and humble, so it doesn't happen again.

Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:40 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

andsimo wrote:
Sounds very familiar, wonder if that is the initial reaction of most people until they understand the code. Just had the same happen to me at work, although in excel. And to be honest, I have done the same. The important part is to learn to be patient and humble, so it doesn't happen again.

Was actually the opposite way round. I'd been poking around in the function that chooses the mods and noticed nothing wrong (I can't remember why I was in there though).

The code was the kind that made sense and looked sane, until you actually realized that it wasn't.

Support

Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:53 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Blue Dwarf wrote:
The code was the kind that made sense and looked sane, until you actually realized that it wasn't.

Probably some amateur programmer./hinthint

Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:07 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next