Post New Lockout System
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/new-lockout-system/

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:00 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Post Re: New Lockout System
This system has my vote, I love it. I also don't think it would be a problem if non-instanced bosses got this treatment since you can do it throughout the entire week so if you know its busy at the start you can just do it on wednesdays or whatever else.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:19 pm
Main: ChikushodoPain
Level: 3616

I would suggest, that if other things inherits this lockout system, to change the days of when they lockout expires. That way, not everything gets unlocked at the same time.
Otherwise, it's pretty nice for organising Emperor runs.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:23 pm
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

I like it as well. +1 from me.

- Chrono

Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:28 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

I like it. The 5 days + 30 minutes lockouts were incredibly annoying. This promotes group play, not solo MC whenever you're online play. +10 from me.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:50 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

This is awesome, hopefully everything eventually uses this system. Friday is UZ day, Saturday could be Oly, Sunday-Monday Subspace! Give us something to look forward to every day of the week.

I also cant wait for the new UI lockout plans, i hate event chat so much. Could the stront reset timers and other missions that go on timers also be put somewhere like that?

Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:09 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

KonanCruss wrote:
I would suggest, that if other things inherits this lockout system, to change the days of when they lockout expires. That way, not everything gets unlocked at the same time.
Otherwise, it's pretty nice for organising Emperor runs.

Then entire reason this system is used in other games, and why I suggested they put it in this one, is specifically so that everything does unlock at the same time... obviously very few people are going to go run every lockout the day of the reset, but the point is that people have *one* target that they have to meet for lockouts rather than tracking 9 different ones. If everything resets on a different day you take the only benefit of this system and throw it away, in which case you might as well just not use it.

And actually SS has a huge advantage in using this system over a game like WoW. In WoW you have 1-2 raids that are relevant to the endgame, so competent raiding guilds can burn their important lockouts in about 2-3 hours. In SS a lot of "obsolete" content is still highly relevant at the end game. So in WoW where you have 2 important zones, SS has UZ, Oly, Subspace, Kidd, Temple, Nightfury, Red Photon, etc... so the universal reset doesn't mean congestion per se, but it will promote a weekly surge in player activity. If all those things reset on different days though, you are complicating the system, so people will develop apathy towards their lockouts due to the headache of separately tracking them all, and they will begin to miss lockouts (play less, which is bad for the game).

TL;DR: The strength of this system is specifically having all content reset at the same time.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:35 pm

Quick question; when I originally suggested this I also included a mock up of the lockout panel that WoW uses (see link), and people responded pretty positively to it. Is it possible we could see this added to the UI anytime soon?

http://forum.starsonata.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61153

Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:45 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

heylo wrote:
This system has my vote, I love it. I also don't think it would be a problem if non-instanced bosses got this treatment since you can do it throughout the entire week so if you know its busy at the start you can just do it on wednesdays or whatever else.

Yeah but what if everyone wants their Nightfury Burst Crates as early as possible?

Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:31 pm

Masterful wrote:
heylo wrote:

Yeah but what if everyone wants their Nightfury Burst Crates as early as possible?

Then this actually doesn't change the rate at which you acquire them. In fact you would actually get them more often just because now you're not restricted by (Lockout time + time until kill after lockout expires), you're actually only contending with the lockout time. So yeah... by putting it on a universal lock you're actually killing the urgency of getting it at the beginning of the week.

Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:14 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

redalert150 wrote:
This is awesome, hopefully everything eventually uses this system. Friday is UZ day, Saturday could be Oly, Sunday-Monday Subspace! Give us something to look forward to every day of the week.

I also cant wait for the new UI lockout plans, i hate event chat so much. Could the stront reset timers and other missions that go on timers also be put somewhere like that?

Not like this...
The whole point of this was to make lockouts universal so if you go around changing them where every dat unlocks a zone then we're better off where we are now :lol:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:18 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

When's this going to be added to all the lockouts?

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:15 am