Post Bug Fixing Pass
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/bugs-fixing-pass/

Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:36 am
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: CLXXXIII
Level: 6059

Post Re: Bug Fixing Pass
When mining supspace astroid bells after a while the position of your ship is not true to the server anymore and you get kicked from the server with this error message.

i could reproduce this now 4 times.

http://imgur.com/ZrBtuVS

Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:00 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Brugle
Level: 4111

Attachment:
Capture.PNG
I'm a bit confused with the "Tartarus Path", since no gate is named Tartarus Path. Could this be renamed? It is one of the daily mission in Staff Quarters. Not 100% sure, but I think it is the Guardian Hideout.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:01 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

MOST IMPORTANT!!!!!: the frikin volatile overloader projectile overchargers dont work! its so painful! ples help!

If you use a Station Verv SG Z, and you let the kit bank out on elec, then equip say an achilles mag an unequip the Verv SG Z, the elec will not regen until you swap the SG Z beam on and off a couple times, then the elec bounces back up. This doesnt happen with other weapons like pulses etc. Only verv beams. (Im not sure about the Energy verv variation). I have reproduced this at least a dozen times, and if you have difficulty reproducing it, I could do it live on the server, given ten minutes.

Singularity Brake fails a lot when youre on AP, or on AP and kiting through a gal. Afaik this is supposed to be 0 fail rate? minor, but quite annoying.

Drones wont attack drones. My Annihilator Platform would not shoot a Warptastic that was pewpewing me. I haven'y reproduced but shouldnt be hard to make it happen again

Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:38 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

The slave icons in the upper right corner are considered the same as hotkey buttons for the sake of dragging. Drag one and you end up removing something from the hotkey bar.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:43 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Lemon and Ryan made posts about the most annoying/important bugs a while back:

1. Graphical bugs: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=61513

2. Gameplay bugs: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=61514

3. UI bugs: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=61515

Personally I'd like to see the ship window crit damage bug being fixed as it doesn't represent what your ship is doing properly. Also, that radar range ring bug has been around for a while and its probably not that hard to fix (its using the radius instead of diameter (should be 2x higher)).

And ofcourse the top top top bug that's been around since C2 launch: ping radars not doing anything on cloaked ships.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:33 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

The radar range circle hasnt been accurate for years, i use to love that thing!

Vacuum scoops stop working correctly sometimes after a crash, infuriating.

Ping Radars havet been working properly for some time.

Event chat doesnt show what you cant scoop sometimes, so you have to spam scoop on the item till it decides to work. Also doesnt show what you do scoop sometimes. And was event chat suppose to show what anyone in galaxy scoops? Cause that has never worked but i heard someone mention that is suppose to happen.

The ship window stats apparently show you the wrong stats for crits dps and i think it has a few other little bugs although im not sure what they are.

Emp stars would be nice to have again.

Player and Team score isnt showing up properly on the website.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:37 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Yea there's a post in the bug topic of each category for things like this.

My most annoying bug atm is not being able to click through the chat window. Second is not being able to input /commands while having the chat disabled.

Orthographic camera randomly disabling itself is annoying as well. Gotta untick/tick it to reenable.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:40 pm
Main: Joshua102
Level: 14714

I know it's being worked on but the Sniper Analysis bugs are annoying. Moving over 40 resets it as well as changing targets.

Another is when you log on your TSL wont update until you undock and redock.

Sometimes I also have drones that are "invisible" and won't appear until I target them- this is usually after doing /f or when crashing. EDIT I've also seen this happen with bases that are killed and not claimed.

Holoprojectors will "deactivate" when equipped and you log off. Meaning that every time you log on you have to unequip it and requip.

Another rather annoying one is when you auto pilot to a location your ship will turn around. I found it will only reverse itself when you are facing directly towards the target and tell it to autopilot

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:50 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Joshua102 wrote:
I know it's being worked on but the Sniper Analysis bugs are annoying. Moving over 40 resets it as well as changing targets.

Sometimes I also have drones that are "invisible" and won't appear until I target them- this is usually after doing /f or when crashing. EDIT I've also seen this happen with bases that are killed and not claimed.

Holoprojectors will "deactivate" when equipped and you log off. Meaning that every time you log on you have to unequip it and requip.

Another rather annoying one is when you auto pilot to a location your ship will turn around. I found it will only reverse itself when you are facing directly towards the target and tell it to autopilot

The reason holoprojectors bug out is because when you transwarp, your holoprojector stays in the galaxy you just left. It looks like it is unequipped in the new galaxy, so you unequip/reequip it and it turns back on right? Well the original one is still in the starter galaxy. If you fly back to it, once you warp it the first effect will join the new one. Repeat this a few hundred times over the course of a uni and your holoprojector becomes pretty intense.

As for the ship facing in reverse, it only happens when your ship is facing directly left. If you go to Serengeti Blockade and AP through Lyceum, your ship will "moonwalk." This is because the server sees < orientation as 0. And historically, SS has no idea what to do when dividing by zero. So it gets confused and resets your ship orientation to the default rendering position. Which is the other way.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:25 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

/showslavedamage doesn't work

Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:54 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Joshua102 wrote:

FYI you can just click the TSL tab and it'll update (still a bug though).

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:24 am
Team: The Blazing Phoenix
Main: USSGalaxy
Level: 4096

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwmtftCo39s

This Drone targeting bug. I understand we put it in to try to make some drones save elec bank when they were beforehand wasting it. However, I believe a new solution needs to be looked at.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:56 am
Main: Joshua102
Level: 14714

Ruins not extracting atm is another annoying bug...

Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:44 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Joshua102 wrote:
Ruins not extracting atm is another annoying bug...

I've been getting extracts..?

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:56 am