Post Weekly Dev Blog - August 10th
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/weekly-d ... gust-10th/

Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:32 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog - August 10th
Why would we be adding new code when so much isn't working and so many players are quitting because of bugs. All the devs should be working on bugs for the next 6 months.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:38 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

jack the ripper wrote:
Why would we be adding new code when so much isn't working and so many players are quitting because of bugs. All the devs should be working on bugs for the next 6 months.

That's an impossible and dumb idea, at the exact same time.

It's impossible because all of the devs don't have the access and knowledge neccessary to fix bugs. It's dumb because more people devoted to fixing bugs does not equal more bugs fixed.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:41 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Do us all a favor and don't change a thing about Copper Blob, at t20 using entry level t20 gear, he is probably the coolest thing in all of SS. The Copper Blob fight is probably the only reason I kept playing SS when I started running out of steam in '07 (but then I have since been infinitely disappointed by the lack of a single boss that stands up to how cool CB is, so well played SS, you motherfuckers...).

Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:48 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Quote:
Been working on AI formations some more, adding new options to allow for cooler formations.

Jeff this is awesome could you please also implement these formations to player slaves, its been a common suggestion from the player base for years now and would allow us to do a lot of different things with slaves.

Quote:
All 4 Admixium Blueprints have had their requirements tweaked, they build out of the Industrial Commodities that their previous requirements go into.

Could you please not, building admix already takes several steps your just making it even more tedious now. If youre going to do this then please severely reduce the amount of commods each bp takes.

Quote:
I’ve been working on redoing Iq’ Bana, and will be doing the same for other tech 20 skill zones after. The zones will have their overall difficulty raised.

Remember to balance these zones around tech 19-20 players and not tech 21+, since thats the intended audience anyways. The fact that end game tech 20 and tech 21+ players melt through these zones is the way it should be.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:50 pm

redalert150 wrote:
Quote:
All 4 Admixium Blueprints have had their requirements tweaked, they build out of the Industrial Commodities that their previous requirements go into.

Could you please not, building admix already takes several steps your just making it even more tedious now. If youre going to do this then please severely reduce the amount of commods each bp takes.

Completely agree. ICs are cool and all, and maybe they should find their way into future builds, but PPS builds are already stupidly fucking tedious. Leave that shit alone.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:05 pm
Contributor

ShawnMcCall wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
Quote:

Completely agree. ICs are cool and all, and maybe they should find their way into future builds, but PPS builds are already stupidly fucking tedious. Leave that shit alone.

Well would you look at that, it seems like I predicted people were going to complain that PPS builds are annoying and tedious... and figured out a way to make small amounts of Admixium less daunting to build for non industry types and a little harder to mass build for the hardcore industry types. It seems like I do have a little bit of sense after all... :roll:

Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:52 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

Well would you look at that, it seems like I predicted people were going to complain that PPS builds are annoying and tedious... and figured out a way to make small amounts of Admixium less daunting to build for non industry types and a little harder to mass build for the hardcore industry types. It seems like I do have a little bit of sense after all... :roll:

Devs should stop taking drugs... how does this make PPS builds easier on a small guy and harder on me. If anything I can afford to keep more ICs on hand for builds, and I sure as shit can make more.

What you're doing doesn't make anyone's life easier unless you have lowered the requirement. You're just adding another layer of factories to a system already bogged down by an underdeveloped factory system that doesn't mesh well with the game to begin with.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:30 pm

Seriously every time you guys add or involve a factory in this game, it takes an action that didn't have to be fundamentally shitty, and makes it incredibly shitty, because factories are the worst designed hunk of shit in this entire game. They make hardly any sense, and what sense they do make is overshadowed by their poor implementation.

Redesign the UI to have some sort of factory management system and make them work seamlessly in the building process and I will totally back your move, but for now you're saying, "hey guys, lets make these poorly designed builds incorporate more poor design :D"

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:51 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Alpha2Omega
Level: 6850

I personally would suggest to make the twisted zone t23. T22 has already 2 huge zones, subspace and pps. For how many years do we have t22 ingame?? Its time to move on to t23. Not every tech level needs to have all the cool gear ... (not t22 and not t23)

I personally would say don't touch the t20 ubers at all..
It will end up being broken for the t19 guys. If u think there are easy for the t22 guys right now, you are right, thats how it should be ,,,,
If u think it will be nice to make it harder, so wil they drop t21 t22 stuff too?
A lot of t22 guys arent doing many of the t20 ubers, as it should,,,,
Same for t20 guys who are hunting down other low tech ubers ...like the tortuga boss...

It will be cool to have some formation and other nice stuff for slaves... not only the AIs.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:06 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

k, you keep telling us reasons bugs aren't gonna be fixed, we'll keep quitting, and everyone will be happy :D

Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:08 pm
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

Isn't -5% weight going to make spheres / thatches accelerate 5% quicker while tractoring in to dock?

Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:49 pm
Contributor

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Devs should stop taking drugs... how does this make PPS builds easier on a small guy and harder on me. If anything I can afford to keep more ICs on hand for builds, and I sure as shit can make more.

What you're doing doesn't make anyone's life easier unless you have lowered the requirement. You're just adding another layer of factories to a system already bogged down by an underdeveloped factory system that doesn't mesh well with the game to begin with.

To your first statement, its easier in the long run for a small guy to buy IC's from an AI base than it is to buy them from other players. Other players can decide not to sell their T1-T3 commodities (Or to sell them for ridiculous prices), they can't decide not to sell IC's to AI bases if they want to make money. And once they've sold them to AI bases, the AI base dictates the price the players pay. Which results in a much tighter spread in pricing. This means it may be in your best interest, if you only want to build a few Admixiums, to look for AI bases that have the ICs you want/need and buy them from the AI bases. Other people's greed is what makes it easier for you to build small amounts of Admixium stuff. And, imo, assuming other people are going to be greedy is the best way to handle things when dealing with humans.

To your second point, You're assuming I didn't do that.

Finally, how can we make factories better? I'll accept that response here, in my PMs on the forums, or in Discord.

muemin wrote:
I personally would say don't touch the t20 ubers at all..
It will end up being broken for the t19 guys. If u think there are easy for the t22 guys right now, you are right, thats how it should be ,,,,
If u think it will be nice to make it harder, so wil they drop t21 t22 stuff too?
A lot of t22 guys arent doing many of the t20 ubers, as it should,,,,
Same for t20 guys who are hunting down other low tech ubers ...like the tortuga boss...

My personal opinion is that its possible to make bosses harder to solo for individual players, while making them easier for groups of players. At present, if you're a new T19 player and you get a bunch of other T19 players to do Iq Bana with you... wait, you don't. You get someone else to come along and trivialize it for you. Our ideas to address T20 bosses is to lower the raw stat requirements people need (Like how you just can't do Iq Bana in a reasonable amount of time unless you do a certain amount of DPS, have a certain amount of HPS, have a certain amount of resistances etc.) that are based on how the game used to be. We will keep in mind that the content is meant for Tech 19 players when we go over it.

jack the ripper wrote:
k, you keep telling us reasons bugs aren't gonna be fixed, we'll keep quitting, and everyone will be happy :D

Bugs are going to be fixed... you do understand that bugs are bugs because... we don't know exactly why they're happening. Right? You can force someone to sit at a computer screen for 2 weeks all you want, that doesn't mean they'll be able to fix the bug. Sometimes you don't figure out how one bug is happening until you're working on another bug and notice a connection. That's one of many ways a bug can get fixed. We're not ignoring you, we're constantly poking Jey/Bobbo/Ryan about bugs all the time. What do you think the volunteer programmers have been doing for theh past few months?

Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:31 pm
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

MasterTrader wrote:
My personal opinion is that its possible to make bosses harder to solo for individual players, while making them easier for groups of players.

I laughed really hard at this statement.

MasterTrader wrote:
We're not ignoring you, we're constantly poking Jey/Bobbo/Ryan about bugs all the time. What do you think the volunteer programmers have been doing for theh past few months?

1. Yes you are.
2. Euhm, I assume nothing? Since there has been no news about bug fixes for this whole uni (except at the start of this uni). So fuck off with the assuming part and start communicating; that's how volunteers should roll, especially if they have ingame presence. Which frankly, is why this game is so partial towards the people that are volunteer devs.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:14 am
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

KonanCruss2 wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
My personal opinion is that its possible to make bosses harder to solo for individual players, while making them easier for groups of players.

I laughed really hard at this statement.

Yea, I sorta thought the same thing. I'm not sure how they plan to do that one.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:55 am