Main: king kone
Level: 37

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog - 11th May
Loyalty and commitment are not stressed enough if people are able to bribe your members into sabotaging your guild.

That being said, the Reign of Independence and Era of Ignorance are the primary contributions to a team's downfall currently. Directors like their independent status as a small island nation. Then they meet Imperial Japan/United States, who proceed to either wreck them or turn them into a "protected territory". Thinking that having the fourth largest army will protect you against the wolves is useless when you can't even knock out one single enemy tank in the steamrolling of your country.

13 proves to them that you can't be small and you must keep up to date. Teams need to jealously guard their resources, or otherwise lose them. It's easy as fuck to conquer fifty individual states, but impossible to conquer one united country.

Fri May 13, 2016 3:06 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

andezrhode2a wrote:
vampire2948 wrote:
-13- does plenty of positive things for the game.

And as far as I heard, he pays players to sabotage their own team.

And it worked, good job -13- !

Maybe that team will learn to set proper base permissions next time. -13- will have to accept any consequences to his reputation.

Paladin,

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Fri May 13, 2016 3:07 pm
Team: The Blazing Phoenix
Main: USSGalaxy
Level: 4096

vampire2948 wrote:
-- He used to maintain the ubers location list every universe.

This was me until I quit for only two unis :(

Fri May 13, 2016 3:46 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

vampire2948 wrote:
andezrhode2a wrote:
vampire2948 wrote:

Maybe that team will learn to set proper base permissions next time. -13- will have to accept any consequences to his reputation.

Paladin,

There was nothing wrong with the base permissions, the player that did it had been on the team for a year or more, and outside of this incident had been completely upstanding. I have nothing against 13 personally, and in fact I am on pretty good terms with him last time I checked, but his playstyle is running this game into the ground. Yeah, he might motivate 1 guy to get stronger every now and then, but that doesn't help if he chases 9 away from the game to accomplish it.

Back in C1 (circa 2007) there was something of an honor code you only attacked those who could match your capability, and you didn't sabotage. If you targeted teams in buildable space (layers didn't exist), that were clearly below your capabilities you would get steamrolled by the the top teams. If you sabotaged, even in war, you had to wait sometimes years before you could get back into a reputable team.

I was thinking about it yesterday, and I feel like this was largely responsible for SS's early success. We had player enforced social rules. Now we all just watch as people like 13 systematically destroy any chance of this game ever getting off the ground. Fun fact, he can get rid of them faster than they're joining.

Finally, I won't say that 13 is a bad guy, because he is not, but what he is doing is wiping out any chance this game has of maintaining a beginning - mid game population. He is the epitome of the bored endgame player that gets bored, so they decide to see how long they can terrorize the new guys before they get themselves banned.

Fri May 13, 2016 6:37 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Also, another huge fuckup by the admins; you can't build t20 blueprints anywhere except wild space (I know it was done to force pirates into building outside of EF). So a newer player can't move into wildspace on his own he has to have a team to do it. The moment he drops a kit to build proper t20 base gear, and items for himself, someone is going to come along and wipe out what for him was a huge investment.

Goodbye subscription.

Fri May 13, 2016 6:40 pm

If you think 13 is a bad horrible person for doing this, think of it as a warm up for when Steam comes. Because you're going to find people like old Helro being dicks, people like Blake forming "pirate" teams, and people like Hermes crapping on people with the USA because he could.

The people that fail to survive, if not thrive under this all, either refused to keep with the times or refused to get bigger (meaning, merge with another team if you're too small). I can't expect the old horse cavalry to come out on top against M1 Abrams, nor can I expect little Pacific island nations to withstand multiple carrier strike groups. When you have a valuable resource I want, or I feel particularly shitty today and need an ego boost, neutrality generally means nada.

Fri May 13, 2016 8:45 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

If you really care about new/middle game players that much, why don't you take them into your team and protect them from the so called evil players? Obviously the game isn't going to protect them, as that's how it's meant to be.

Standing on a soapbox is great and all but if you want to see a change do it yourself. Or let 13 do his thing. It's a game. He plays how he wants to have fun. If you don't like it, fix the problem, not bitch about the player.

Sat May 14, 2016 5:52 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

I requested yesterday that EF and AS work out a deal to accomplish the understanding that I would not attack small teams any more.

They said they were not interested, at all. To be clear, I did NOT present a deal and they said no. They said they were not interested in even talking about a deal.

*throws down books*

I'm out

PS, half of your discussion was based on the assumption that I give any fucks whether I'm doing good things or bad things

Wed May 18, 2016 11:54 am

vampire2948 wrote:
andezrhode2a wrote:
vampire2948 wrote:

Paladin,

I have no idea what this is lol

Wed May 18, 2016 12:58 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

It takes you a deal with some random endgame team to quit harassing noobs? Is EF specifically making you attack small teams? I don't think so.

Thu May 19, 2016 1:29 pm

Xonok2 wrote:
It takes you a deal with some random endgame team to quit harassing noobs? Is EF specifically making you attack small teams? I don't think so.

wot? lol. I have no desire to stop. they claim they're trying to stop me and protect smaller teams but clearly they give 0 fucks, is my point.

Thu May 19, 2016 6:38 pm

If the big teams are so enamored with "helping" the small teams, they would have either:

1. Brought/Strongarmed the smaller teams into an alliance with them, using the "Touch my little brother and the shit will hit the fan" statement, where the small team can hopefully grow into a respected allied team or eventually merge into the bigger team.

or.

2. Using their superior logistics, try to put all the smaller teams in more or less the same region so they can mutually protect themselves from Outsiders (including the big team shepherding them), while having little internal clashes and skirmishes to build up their militaries under actual conflicts.

====

13's methods are unorthodox, but being the only one actually doing anything, he makes, enforces, and decides whether or not his rules are constitutional.

Thu May 19, 2016 6:49 pm

carterstrain wrote:
If the big teams are so enamored with "helping" the small teams, they would have either:

1. Brought/Strongarmed the smaller teams into an alliance with them, using the "Touch my little brother and the shit will hit the fan" statement, where the small team can hopefully grow into a respected allied team or eventually merge into the bigger team.

or.

2. Using their superior logistics, try to put all the smaller teams in more or less the same region so they can mutually protect themselves from Outsiders (including the big team shepherding them), while having little internal clashes and skirmishes to build up their militaries under actual conflicts.

====

13's methods are unorthodox, but being the only one actually doing anything, he makes, enforces, and decides whether or not his rules are constitutional.

I mean I'm not the only one doing anything

Thu May 19, 2016 9:39 pm

Heavygee and Curse don't count because they're on your side.

Thu May 19, 2016 10:31 pm

carterstrain wrote:
Heavygee and Curse don't count because they're on your side.

there are lots of people doing lots of different things in wild space

Sat May 21, 2016 1:08 am