Your opinion on the industrial commods system?
Happy with the new system as it is. 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Happy, but requires tweaks. (Please make a post with details) 21%  21%  [ 9 ]
Unhappy with new system. (Please make a post with details) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
What's an industrial commod? 47%  47%  [ 20 ]
Haven't tried them out yet. 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 43

Contributor
Main: Morat
Level: 0

Post Industrial Commods Feedback
It has been several days since the industrial commod system went in, but I haven't seen many posts on the forums talking about them yet. I would like to bring some player feedback to the next dev. meeting, so please post with your thoughts and answer the poll.

If you do not know what these are, there is a blog post here : http://www.starsonata.com/blog/industrial-commodity-introduction/ and the commodities are currently live for you to try out.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to provide feedback. The industrial commods are likely to receive many tweaks over this universe.

This is also a good place to post questions if you don't understand the system, and I will try to answer them.

Thu May 12, 2016 9:27 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: Industrial Commods Feedback
To OP please nerf.

Source: Salty non Colo whore.

Dont mind me.

Thu May 12, 2016 9:59 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

It's a bit confusing at first. Especially when you learn that ai bases deal in all the tier 0 commods, but only "consume" one type of those. But once you figure out the little stuff it seems pretty basic. Get some factories from Capella for the commods your ai bases want, set your proddy to make and sell them, set some high mobility slaves to sell to bases and you're golden.

My only complain so far is that the higher tier commods are really damn heavy. 2m per for Jello Shots? What is this, enough to sedate an entire colony?

I also feel like the weight should be moved away from the tier1-3 commods, and back to the tier 0 commods for profit. I get that this is supposed to be a commodity sink but asking for 1k-5k of a tier'd commod per day is a little insane.

Thu May 12, 2016 10:11 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Xolz
Level: 3543

Found the industrial commonds very nice and smooth flowing, only thing i have an issue with is the sheer weight of the items. see way to high for what goes into them. and we want to do large amounts.

Will post more thoughts later but after a few days of playing with it i like it! more so then colonies.

Thu May 12, 2016 11:16 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I love the new system. However, I do have some tweaks I'd make to it.

Currently its pretty RNG what kind of AI bases a certain teamspace has and being unable to sell the commods your galaxy(s) have crafted kindof sucks. This is especially the case for the T0 industrial commods since everyone is making those at high speed.

My suggestion would be to make every kind of AI base trade in the T0 variants (also consuming them). Ofcourse to do this the 150m commods/day consume rate should probably be reduced.

PS: I also think the weight is on the high side. It's impossible for a player to manually stack up a day or two worth of stuff and sell them manually because they'd be unable to move :P

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri May 13, 2016 2:01 am
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Would probably be better if AI bases had a chance of being

->Tier0
->Tier1
->Tier2
->Tier3

based on universe random number generator. Obviously the lower Tier stations would be more common than higher tier, and combined with needing to own the galaxy before trading with the stations with IC, would probably give a bigger reason to fight over clusters of stations // high tier stations.

Fri May 13, 2016 2:51 am
Contributor

heylo wrote:
PS: I also think the weight is on the high side. It's impossible for a player to manually stack up a day or two worth of stuff and sell them manually because they'd be unable to move :P

The system is designed with continuous trade slave shipping in mind, matching the commodity decay rate for maximum profits.

If you are selling many tens of thousands at once, you are hurting your profit due to the price decrease with stock.

Fri May 13, 2016 5:49 am
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

Weights feel okay to me. I can't move the t3 ones by slaves easily though, but they are in small enough quantity that I just do it manually. Have spent some time exploring new trade slave setups -- It is nice to have a reason to care about the state of my gear quality for trade slaves (gyro mods etc.)

I am enjoying trying to plot safe routes to AI bases through juxtas/concourses/etc.

I think the t0 consumption rate could be increased slightly. AI bases trading in the industrial commodities that they do not consume is a bit weird.

Paladin,

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Fri May 13, 2016 6:22 am
Contributor

After setting all my stuff up the consumption rates a day for the t0s seem rather low. I'm able to feed 5-6 girder bases with roughly 50 EE kits out of 1 galaxy.

Sun May 15, 2016 5:57 pm

Still annoyed baobobs require bronze to be consumed

Sun May 15, 2016 6:06 pm
Contributor

Also looks like you need a whole lot more silicon / nukes converters per extractor than you do for metals

Sun May 15, 2016 6:56 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Meh, i thought this would be something that would benefit people who dont do bases much. Like a way for people who dot care for colos would be able to make money. It seems its just another way colo whores could make even more money. So the rich get richer type of thing.

Its great, adds another element to building, but i wanted something that would help noobys make money.

Tue May 17, 2016 5:26 pm
Contributor

redalert150 wrote:
Meh, i thought this would be something that would benefit people who dont do bases much. Like a way for people who dot care for colos would be able to make money. It seems its just another way colo whores could make even more money. So the rich get richer type of thing.

Its great, adds another element to building, but i wanted something that would help noobys make money.

There are colony changes being planned that may address this issue.

Do you think it is too difficult for a new player to get into it? The first tier of factories are quite inexpensive.

Tue May 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Industrial commods were meant to replace Station Y's. Colonies are still entirely separate and pretty different.

Tue May 17, 2016 6:08 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Morat wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

There are colony changes being planned that may address this issue.

Do you think it is too difficult for a new player to get into it? The first tier of factories are quite inexpensive.

I feel like the problem is that for a new player to make a suitable amount of money off it, not only do they have to build in wildspace where some fuckstick is immediately going to wipe them, but they also need a fairly sophisticated infrastructure to make any decent amount of money off of it, not to mention with the commod prices rapidly fluctuating a new player is going to have capital tied up in useless commods, which you will recognize as a luxury developing players usually don't have.

Tue May 17, 2016 6:12 pm