Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Your opinion on the industrial commods system?
Happy with the new system as it is. 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Happy, but requires tweaks. (Please make a post with details) 21%  21%  [ 9 ]
Unhappy with new system. (Please make a post with details) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
What's an industrial commod? 47%  47%  [ 20 ]
Haven't tried them out yet. 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 43

Main: king kone
Level: 37

Post Re: Industrial Commods Feedback
ShawnMcCall wrote:
I feel like the problem is that for a new player to make a suitable amount of money off it, not only do they have to build in wildspace where some fuckstick is immediately going to wipe them, but they also need a fairly sophisticated infrastructure to make any decent amount of money off of it, not to mention with the commod prices rapidly fluctuating a new player is going to have capital tied up in useless commods, which you will recognize as a luxury developing players usually don't have.

Group up then. Every single developing team with a very small playerbase has been annihilated, and for good reason. You don't go out in the world with warmongering nations like China, Russia, and the USA as ... Kuwait. And expect to be left alone. Even somewhat developed nations like Iran get pushed around, but no one wants to commit to an invasion because they might drop a defensive nuke on your armies.

Tue May 17, 2016 6:15 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

carterstrain wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:
I feel like the problem is that for a new player to make a suitable amount of money off it, not only do they have to build in wildspace where some fuckstick is immediately going to wipe them, but they also need a fairly sophisticated infrastructure to make any decent amount of money off of it, not to mention with the commod prices rapidly fluctuating a new player is going to have capital tied up in useless commods, which you will recognize as a luxury developing players usually don't have.

Group up then. Every single developing team with a very small playerbase has been annihilated, and for good reason. You don't go out in the world with warmongering nations like China, Russia, and the USA as ... Kuwait. And expect to be left alone. Even somewhat developed nations like Iran get pushed around, but no one wants to commit to an invasion because they might drop a defensive nuke on your armies.

Look fuckstick, you're confusing irresponsible building for a shitty PvP system. A level 3000-4000 player who has been around for 10 years should not be able to directly attack the permanent assets of a player that has been here for 6 months. That is bad game design. It will, and already has, devastated the playerbase.

Because high end players don't want a challenge they want a target that will roll over and take it. This bullshit where high end players get to leverage years of resources against months or weeks of resources is why SS will never get off the ground.

Tue May 17, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

If only you had a way to interact with other players to prevent hostilities from happening in the first place *hint hint nudge nudge*

Do you even politics bro

Tue May 17, 2016 6:20 pm
Contributor
Main: Morat
Level: 0

ShawnMcCall wrote:
I feel like the problem is that for a new player to make a suitable amount of money off it, not only do they have to build in wildspace where some fuckstick is immediately going to wipe them

It is possible for them to build the commodities in EF layer and move them to Wild Space. You'll suffer a lower extraction rate this way, but that is the price of the lack of danger.

As for the saturation of AI bases, that is an unavoidable part of the mechanic intended to cause competition between players trying to sell their Girders or whatever in the same area. I expect players will never allow all AI bases to decay their prices to unprofitable levels and stay there.

The volumes a new player with only a couple of extraction kits is capable of generating is nowhere near the decay rates. I think it is unlikely that they will never be able to sell them at any price.

Tue May 17, 2016 6:21 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Morat wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
Meh, i thought this would be something that would benefit people who dont do bases much. Like a way for people who dot care for colos would be able to make money. It seems its just another way colo whores could make even more money. So the rich get richer type of thing.

Its great, adds another element to building, but i wanted something that would help noobys make money.

There are colony changes being planned that may address this issue.

Do you think it is too difficult for a new player to get into it? The first tier of factories are quite inexpensive.

Its not that its too difficult, its the fact that its so easy for a established player to take advantage of this system so quickly and make tremendous profit off it. No new player has a chance to use this system since all the end game players will just shit on the little guys if they get in the way. Colo whores are now making way more credits a uni, some have doubled their income. I mean its still pretty early to really tell, but this seems to be the case.

Honestly, i have no idea how you could tweak this system to benefit other players more and not just the established players.

Tue May 17, 2016 6:25 pm

redalert150 wrote:
Morat wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
Meh, i thought this would be something that would benefit people who dont do bases much. Like a way for people who dot care for colos would be able to make money. It seems its just another way colo whores could make even more money. So the rich get richer type of thing.

Its great, adds another element to building, but i wanted something that would help noobys make money.

There are colony changes being planned that may address this issue.

Do you think it is too difficult for a new player to get into it? The first tier of factories are quite inexpensive.

Its not that its too difficult, its the fact that its so easy for a established player to take advantage of this system so quickly and make tremendous profit off it. No new player has a chance to use this system since all the end game players will just shit on the little guys if they get in the way. Colo whores are now making way more credits a uni, some have doubled their income. I mean its still pretty early to really tell, but this seems to be the case.

Honestly, i have no idea how you could tweak this system to benefit other players more and not just the established players.

Again, the income is pretty similar to what station Y's were for the past 10 years. This is just meant to replace that income with a new system that offers more customization to how you make income, as well as bringing new commodities other than metals into the tables.

Last 5-6 unis I've been averaging 1b mets per day across my galaxies. Station y's convert metals into credits at 17.3 ish per metal. 17.3b a day in profits. This uni, with some time invested into the industrial commodities system, I'm averaging about 16b a day with similar levels of investment as I did with Y's.

I'm pretty happy with the system. Could use a bit of tweaking which I've posted in the feedback thread, but this is a great way to admit that Station Y's were a good source of income, and replacing it with an accepted way of making that same income that is actually supposed to happen. Y's were a mistake that was ignored for too long to just delete without putting in a nice replacement. Hence Industrial Commods.

Tue May 17, 2016 6:32 pm

This is another end game player addition to the game, we dont need more of this shit. Everything that is added to this game should cater to newer players, not completely exclude them. I doubt a newer player will bother with any of this stuff, since he doesnt have the slave power, knowledge, or credits to invest into something like this to make it worthwhile.

I understand its a replacement to a broken system, however it should be tweaked so that newer players are the ones that benefit more from this.

Tue May 17, 2016 6:37 pm

redalert150 wrote:
This is another end game player addition to the game, we dont need more of this shit. Everything that is added to this game should cater to newer players, not completely exclude them. I doubt a newer player will bother with any of this stuff, since he doesnt have the slave power, knowledge, or credits to invest into something like this to make it worthwhile.

I understand its a replacement to a broken system, however it should be tweaked so that newer players are the ones that benefit more from this.

I mean, it doesn't take much investment to setup like 1 kit in an asteroid ring somewhere, and then 1 slave to mine, 1 slave to run the commods to the ai bases nearby. My newb teamies seem to be enjoying this system quite a lot lol. Even if they extract in EF layer, stealthy slaves can survive the trips up to Wild. Or even manually run the commods to good ai bases with your personal freighter.

Tue May 17, 2016 6:44 pm
Contributor

redalert150 wrote:

A tutorial area for the change is on my to-do list, to hopefully make it easier for newer players to find out what to do.

Thank you for your feedback.

Tue May 17, 2016 6:44 pm

Morat wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

A tutorial area for the change is on my to-do list, to hopefully make it easier for newer players to find out what to do.

Thank you for your feedback.

That would be cool, a whole area where new players could profit from this system would be great to. A area where end game players would be excluded from. How to make that happen i have no idea. Perhaps NB everything in this zone??

Tue May 17, 2016 6:56 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

ELITE wrote:
If only you had a way to interact with other players to prevent hostilities from happening in the first place *hint hint nudge nudge*

Do you even politics bro

I am not worried about me, I have been around a while if someone wants to shoot at me that's their prerogative. We need a system that protects people who haven't been around a while though. So they can work their way into the game, because unlike other games that protect a players core possessions, SS is based on investing hugely into something that anyone can wipe if they so much as have the whim to do so.

Tue May 17, 2016 7:33 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

People who go alone: Tend to be annihilated.

People who join a team: Tend to not be annihilated.

I'm sensing a pattern.

There are a bunch of small/new teams that thrive in this day and age. The few people/teams that do not either deliberately built crap, or went off on their own and expected no one to shoot them.

My analogy of small oil rich countries rings true. If you don't invest in some kind of military deterrent (deliberate lack of defensive bases) or don't get into an alliance of some kind (small, independent woman of a team) ... you can expect people to attack you. Even worse, if you intentionally piss people off while in this state, then it's no one's fault but your own when you get rekt by Lemon/13/heavy.

Tue May 17, 2016 8:33 pm
Contributor

Can we please keep this thread about feedback on the new commods.

Make a new suggestion topic if you wish to discuss non-PvP areas or whatever.

Tue May 17, 2016 11:50 pm

If I say no will I be in trouble

Wed May 18, 2016 12:16 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I for one think the prices are too high. Im getting 15-20 credits per metal extra compared to last uni and last uni we werent able to make money off all the other commods (as easily). Im pretty sure im doubling, if not tripeling my income from extracting t0s this uni

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed May 18, 2016 2:41 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next