Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Your opinion on the industrial commods system?
Happy with the new system as it is. 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Happy, but requires tweaks. (Please make a post with details) 21%  21%  [ 9 ]
Unhappy with new system. (Please make a post with details) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
What's an industrial commod? 47%  47%  [ 20 ]
Haven't tried them out yet. 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 43

Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Post Re: Industrial Commods Feedback
heylo wrote:
I for one think the prices are too high. Im getting 15-20 credits per metal extra compared to last uni and last uni we werent able to make money off all the other commods (as easily). Im pretty sure im doubling, if not tripeling my income from extracting t0s this uni

Lol you aren't the only one that thinks that.

Wed May 18, 2016 3:35 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dont Bug ME
Level: 5387

needs a way for lower level / newer "small" teams to build in wild space , as it is the only place you can sell the new ind commods . larger teams wipe out the smaller teams , just because they can .

Mon May 23, 2016 10:58 am
Main: king kone
Level: 37

dont bug me wrote:
needs a way for lower level / newer "small" teams to build in wild space , as it is the only place you can sell the new ind commods . larger teams wipe out the smaller teams , just because they can .

Needs a new way for Kuwait to compete with Russia and the US on military terms because large nations like them tend to push weak nations like Kuwait, around the block.

Mon May 23, 2016 2:22 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Church, your proposals for dealing with unlimited BvB is just sucking it up and joining an endgame team. Most people quit a game that tells them they should play a specific way for such arbitrary reasons.
Here's a choice for you. You can use the money you earn to do whatever you want, so it's fair.... but if you buy chips, you'll find your car tires flat. Also, there's this guy in town that will force your company to disband if they don't fire you, because you said something to someone.
Also, Kuwait is not a part of Russia for some reason. If Russia could conquer Kuwait without any downside they'd already have done it for the oil.

Tue May 24, 2016 4:54 am
Team: Bravery Against Death
Main: PsyRa
Level: 1392

redalert150 wrote:
Morat wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
Meh, i thought this would be something that would benefit people who dont do bases much. Like a way for people who dot care for colos would be able to make money. It seems its just another way colo whores could make even more money. So the rich get richer type of thing.

Its great, adds another element to building, but i wanted something that would help noobys make money.

There are colony changes being planned that may address this issue.

Do you think it is too difficult for a new player to get into it? The first tier of factories are quite inexpensive.

Its not that its too difficult, its the fact that its so easy for a established player to take advantage of this system so quickly and make tremendous profit off it. No new player has a chance to use this system since all the end game players will just shit on the little guys if they get in the way. Colo whores are now making way more credits a uni, some have doubled their income. I mean its still pretty early to really tell, but this seems to be the case.

Honestly, i have no idea how you could tweak this system to benefit other players more and not just the established players.

As an EE, I've been mostly liking the new system and how I have been able to all but bypass needing to do Colony stuff.

Have not yet hit the decay rate, but I'm not exactly focused on optimizing all my outputs, so not sure if/when that number will be hit. So far I have been able to sell everything I have made. I worry that long before I hit that number on my local bases, some high end team will have hit their limits and seek to cut me off from access to them/wipe me out.

I think however the prices for the t0 combines may be just a bit high. If the AI bases in EF were limited to the t0 combines at a lower price and slower AI base decay, and my proposed create/buy a higher tier EF system was put in place, you would have a good bridge for new players to get into the base game while still providing financial advantage and incentive to move into the more chaotic/dangerous wild space.

I would like more than one path up the commod chain. Needing to match up the local AI base, and the secondary commodities required to supply it, with a local close Galaxy, makes it a really unlikely prospect if your a smallish team only trying to hold a single system. Multiple paths up would be nice.

Tue May 24, 2016 5:11 pm
Team: The League Of Gentlemen
Main: Wildfox 4
Level: 1283

ShawnMcCall wrote:
I feel like the problem is that for a new player to make a suitable amount of money off it, not only do they have to build in wildspace where some fuckstick is immediately going to wipe them, but they also need a fairly sophisticated infrastructure to make any decent amount of money off of it, ...

This is actually incorrect. newer players can make some really good money off of the new system. I am using only 3 f2p characters level 1200, 380, and 250 and am making a sustainable 2 billion credits a day after taxes from selling Sub-Space Reactors only. Granted I have more knowledge of the game than the average newbie but still, this is with just a prom ring i am sharing with others, and metals, nukes, and silicon. The credits are there to get. Bringing the Ind. commod to market is easy enough without slaves going into wild space.

Last edited by Matt Wildfox 4 on Sun May 29, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 24, 2016 6:01 pm
Contributor

The new system is insane. Period.

You dont even need extractors to make crazy money off of it. The problem, AS ALWAYS, is that there is no ingame introduction to these commodities.

When the admins figure out how to make their content easier to engage with for a new player, Industrial Commodities are going to usher in a golden age for the game. The only thing that definitely needs to be done is to implement a use for all of the lower level gear/ships/other stuff that people tend to throw to the side at the maximum levels.

Whether that's through increasing the usefulness of Junkyard Tokens (While also making the UI easier to deal with), or making lower level gear/ships usable for higher level builds... if that happens you're going to see a new class of low level base builders who have access to money, and as long as lower level dungeons and drops are tuned to be useful for something for those players then we're going to see the symbiotic relationship between base builders and content doers become stronger at the lower end of the game.

Tue May 24, 2016 6:07 pm
Team: Bravery Against Death
Main: PsyRa
Level: 1392

MasterTrader wrote:
The new system is insane. Period.

You dont even need extractors to make crazy money off of it. The problem, AS ALWAYS, is that there is no ingame introduction to these commodities.

When the admins figure out how to make their content easier to engage with for a new player, Industrial Commodities are going to usher in a golden age for the game. The only thing that definitely needs to be done is to implement a use for all of the lower level gear/ships/other stuff that people tend to throw to the side at the maximum levels.

Whether that's through increasing the usefulness of Junkyard Tokens (While also making the UI easier to deal with), or making lower level gear/ships usable for higher level builds... if that happens you're going to see a new class of low level base builders who have access to money, and as long as lower level dungeons and drops are tuned to be useful for something for those players then we're going to see the symbiotic relationship between base builders and content doers become stronger at the lower end of the game.

Part of the problem is that the tier's between high and low are not required to mingle.

What I mean is, if you could only get certain commods in EF space, (Say mineral realted, Gold, Silver, Copper, Etc.), and the only commods that showed up in wild space were "exotic", and many of the good high end items require both, then high level players would have reason to support and interact with lower level players.

Or if human colonies were more viable in EF space due to you know Earth Force Protection, (WHAT THAT'S BACKWARDS!!!????), but this new model of commods was more profitable in wild space, but more risk prone to AI trade slave harassment, as it appears to be, then there would be reason to consider the options/value of both places.

As it is now, it looks like the best way to do things is to pile all your eggs into the wild space basket, so of course there is little left for the new or less social player.

Wed May 25, 2016 10:03 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

I just did some trading to test the weight on my old player character (made over 2b in 20 minutes, woo!) and I agree that they seem to be too heavy. I ended up having to resort to my old travel sphere just to move them.

I think we have a lot of room to decrease weights here while still keeping them pretty heavy.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Tue May 31, 2016 4:23 pm
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

SI wrote:
I just did some trading to test the weight on my old player character (made over 2b in 20 minutes, woo!) and I agree that they seem to be too heavy. I ended up having to resort to my old travel sphere just to move them.

I think we have a lot of room to decrease weights here while still keeping them pretty heavy.

If you ask me the weight is fine. If not at the low end (just up the weight of the Fine Space whisky!). As I heard from yclept they were supposed to be heavy to make things a bit more difficult.

All my slaves for Icommods are the same as the old ones, none are made special for the Icommods and they have no problem at all. They are way to easy to set up for endgameplayers. Way to hard for new players.

Maybe let the weight scale with the DF (not sure how easy to do this), then just hope endgame players keep the gap up for the new players at the low DFs.

Tue May 31, 2016 5:13 pm
Contributor
Main: Morat
Level: 0

[code="lordjeroen"]As I heard from yclept they were supposed to be heavy to make things a bit more difficult.[/code]

Thanks for the feedback.
This is the case -- We wanted trade slave setups to be more varied than just +speed, +capacity, maybe the occasional +shield/resist, and gearing to be more important.

lordjeroen wrote:
Maybe let the weight scale with the DF (not sure how easy to do this), then just hope endgame players keep the gap up for the new players at the low DFs.

Weight scaling with DF would be really weird from a 'realism' perspective (so far as SS cares about realism). Probably there are other ways to scale things with DF though, if that's something you think is necessary.

With my player character, I am shipping commodities just fine with Hotrod+s with a setup of 5 basic augs and some fairly simple gear. Do you think this is too difficult for new players?

What slaves are you using that you think are too difficult for new players to use?

Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:49 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Morat wrote:
Weight scaling with DF would be really weird from a 'realism' perspective (so far as SS cares about realism).

It would also be "invisible" to players that don't know about the feature. SS already has enough features you just have to magically know.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:45 am
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

Morat wrote:
[code="lordjeroen"]As I heard from yclept they were supposed to be heavy to make things a bit more difficult.[/code]

Thanks for the feedback.
This is the case -- We wanted trade slave setups to be more varied than just +speed, +capacity, maybe the occasional +shield/resist, and gearing to be more important.

lordjeroen wrote:

Weight scaling with DF would be really weird from a 'realism' perspective (so far as SS cares about realism). Probably there are other ways to scale things with DF though, if that's something you think is necessary.

With my player character, I am shipping commodities just fine with Hotrod+s with a setup of 5 basic augs and some fairly simple gear. Do you think this is too difficult for new players?

What slaves are you using that you think are too difficult for new players to use?

I myself uses only Levi (for the FSW) DFs and M3s. I also got a Spearhead for far trading with endgame setup.
Since the slaves only have small amounts of commods they aren't getting heavy, so i didn't bother getting different slaves.

I think the main problem for low lvl players is getting the information of how to make efficient tradeslaves.
I can see if I can make a guide for it to help them out (including how to make efficient slaves, routes and base setups).

Scaling with DFs indeed sounds weird, but it would balance things around with endgame and new players.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:31 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

lordjeroen wrote:
I think the main problem for low lvl players is getting the information of how to make efficient tradeslaves.

I don't see this as a problem. If they know how to make trade bots, they will just do what comes naturally and if they aren't happy with the efficiency, they can tinker or ask around.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:32 am
Contributor

anilv wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:

I don't see this as a problem. If they know how to make trade bots, they will just do what comes naturally and if they aren't happy with the efficiency, they can tinker or ask around.

They'll probably just use Zebucarts, which are like super good to use. They need to know about Industrial Commodities period lol.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:12 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next